Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 236 of 254 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 253 254
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by J2A6X
I also posted a thread in which lots of other people had issues with fgmm in guns made by other smiths, even in semi autos

And the thread didn’t have any over-size bullets. It was a lot of brass from 2020 that wouldn’t chamber in some rifles. The only person there that measured them showed they were in spec. There was a portion of the neck that was rounded. Separate issue and a decade apart from the issue you linked to.

Again, the issue I described was a bad chamber on a $6000 (in 2012) rifle.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Why were they holding a gun to a babies head?

That's the kind of stuff that LE snipers get called to and shots they have to make.

Or just shoot the woman holding the baby in some cases.

😂

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
J
Originally Posted by drop_point
It's not any of those rifles, to even shoot in a PRS match with one you would want to heavily modify it.
Weight system, added rails, some sort of round that has less recoil than a 6.5cm, you could run that but there is a reason why everyone is running 6mms with 26" barrels. Then you would burn out your barrel in training.
Most civilians that buy them are people that get it, say wow that's cool and then put it in the safe. That being said the LE snipers have great success with them, which is what they are made for, and LE sniping is different from comps, and even from mil sniping. You wouldn't want a semi auto for LE but for mil it would work just fine.
If I do end up with a 308 from him I guess I could try Tac class prs, I would still modify it.
As far as three rounds groups I have shot them back to back sub 1/4", yes 5 rounds is a better feel for the whole system and that's why I shoot them, but that's not what Tac ops claim is, and nobody does that either.

I'm stationed at a base far from home and didn't bring my Tikka with me, so I had no reason to bring my 308 rounds with me.
I hope to get it soon, I'll have to take leave to do that and I need a scope for it, planning on a used PMII or trying the new mk4hd for it.

So you don't actually own the TacOps you're making claims about?

As far as adding rails, you can take a barreled action and drop it into the chassis of your choice.

LE sniping doesn't require 1/4 MOA.

I do own the tac ops and I can routinely lay down and shoot 1/4".
I'm shooting 6.5 creedmoor with factory hornady ammo. I've shot with some local guys back home that win with prs a lot and they said it was a really accurate gun, it's not a prs gun though.
I wanted to shoot at K&M with it but didn't get the chance. I'll try this year to shoot at least 2 matches with it if I can, everything is 3 hours or more away and not very frequent.
I could throw it into a chassis but I love the stock.

Ummm, when you are trying to not shoot a baby but the dude holding it with a gun to it's head you want as much accuracy as you can get.
The T box is smaller than just someone's head and you need to hit that to make sure they don't twitch and pull the trigger on a hostage.
I'm pretty sure the people that do hostage rescue, and anti terrorism know what they are doing when they select a rifle for that job.

You were shooting this TacOps .308 yesterday, but no longer have access to the rounds?!! Or is your Tac Ops you don’t have access to a 6.5 Creedmoor?

No, the difference between 1/4 MOA and 1/2 MOA doesn’t equal a hill of beans unless the rifle is reliable.

Um what, when did I say the rifle I shot yesterday was a 308? I didn't, I never said what is was chambered in, it's 6.5.
You are acting erratic.
The rifles are reliable, I've never had an issue with mine and the LA county sheriff special teams don't seem to have issues either.
The groups on the sticky targets are the ones I went and shot yesterday, the pic of the gun is from yesterday as well.

So then how did you have Federal .308 not chamber because the bullet was too wide?

You must be drunk or something, go back and read my post, that's why I posted and said it wasn't a tac ops issue.
The rounds wouldn't chamber in my tikka 308 that has a barrel chambered by a totally different smith.

In other words you’ve got no clue what you are talking about. You haven’t had a TacOps .308 much less know how to measure a round because you said the bullet was too big.

Yes, it was an issue with Mike’s chamber job. He fixed it. Rounds that were to spec stuck in the chamber. You’ll defend your purchase to no end don’t you?

I have a Tac Ops, what are you saying?
It's in 6.5 creedmoor and if you knew how to read you would know I've never claimed to have a tac ops in 308.
My TIKKA is in 308 and was chambered by a totally different smith and it as well as tons of other people have issues with fgmm.
When I had issues with my tikka is when I measured the fgmm.

I specifically stated like 2 pages ago that my tac ops was in 6.5 creedmoor and that it hasn't had those issues.
You must be too old to remember what was said yesterday.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by dassa
Gotta hand it to Stick: he sure knows how to kick off a thread.

The thread has had several plot twists to say the least.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I just wanted to see Stick's evaluation of the Trijicon scope. I expected the L to be less than stellar. 230 pages of mental illness.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you don't actually own the TacOps you're making claims about?

As far as adding rails, you can take a barreled action and drop it into the chassis of your choice.

LE sniping doesn't require 1/4 MOA.

I do own the tac ops and I can routinely lay down and shoot 1/4".
I'm shooting 6.5 creedmoor with factory hornady ammo. I've shot with some local guys back home that win with prs a lot and they said it was a really accurate gun, it's not a prs gun though.
I wanted to shoot at K&M with it but didn't get the chance. I'll try this year to shoot at least 2 matches with it if I can, everything is 3 hours or more away and not very frequent.
I could throw it into a chassis but I love the stock.

Ummm, when you are trying to not shoot a baby but the dude holding it with a gun to it's head you want as much accuracy as you can get.
The T box is smaller than just someone's head and you need to hit that to make sure they don't twitch and pull the trigger on a hostage.
I'm pretty sure the people that do hostage rescue, and anti terrorism know what they are doing when they select a rifle for that job.

You were shooting this TacOps .308 yesterday, but no longer have access to the rounds?!! Or is your Tac Ops you don’t have access to a 6.5 Creedmoor?

No, the difference between 1/4 MOA and 1/2 MOA doesn’t equal a hill of beans unless the rifle is reliable.

Um what, when did I say the rifle I shot yesterday was a 308? I didn't, I never said what is was chambered in, it's 6.5.
You are acting erratic.
The rifles are reliable, I've never had an issue with mine and the LA county sheriff special teams don't seem to have issues either.
The groups on the sticky targets are the ones I went and shot yesterday, the pic of the gun is from yesterday as well.

So then how did you have Federal .308 not chamber because the bullet was too wide?[/quote]

You must be drunk or something, go back and read my post, that's why I posted and said it wasn't a tac ops issue.
The rounds wouldn't chamber in my tikka 308 that has a barrel chambered by a totally different smith.[/quote]

In other words you’ve got no clue what you are talking about. You haven’t had a TacOps .308 much less know how to measure a round because you said the bullet was too big.

Yes, it was an issue with Mike’s chamber job. He fixed it. Rounds that were to spec stuck in the chamber. You’ll defend your purchase to no end don’t you?[/quote]

I have a Tac Ops, what are you saying?
It's in 6.5 creedmoor and if you knew how to read you would know I've never claimed to have a tac ops in 308.
My TIKKA is in 308 and was chambered by a totally different smith and it as well as tons of other people have issues with fgmm.
When I had issues with my tikka is when I measured the fgmm.

I specifically stated like 2 pages ago that my tac ops was in 6.5 creedmoor and that it hasn't had those issues.
You must be too old to remember what was said yesterday.[/quote]

Come on, boy. You just said you didn’t say what the rifle was chambered for. Now you said you did two pages ago? It’s still in the quote!!!

Every brand of ammo has had issues but nobody has ever seen Federal .308 loaded with an SMK over .308-.309”.

A rifle that feeds a round from the mag, but don’t extract it without the bullet sticking in the lands and dumping powder has an out-of-spec chamber. Period. Not Federal’s problem.

You may have some out of spec rounds but you’re still missing the issue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I just wanted to see Stick's evaluation of the Trijicon scope. I expected the L to be less than stellar. 230 pages of mental illness.

Of which I find quite interesting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Laughing at retards is a universally accepted pastime

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Laughing at retards is a universally accepted pastime
You're better than that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Well SHOT SHOW load in is not up to usual standards.

Saw 2 fork trucks spill loads. Everything jammed up.

Many booths way behind in setup due to slow load in.

Fork trucks moving in my booth got lost and I had to find them in the wilderness and guide them back.

It's like the 24hr Campfire "Brain Trust" was hired by Freeman for the move in. laugh

Good for us we have this stuff nailed, but over many years I have never seen things this bad at SHOT SHOW.

I sort of love CHAOS so it's always fun, this year is a bit more fun.

Any ways who's at SHOT SHOW?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Enjoy John. I hope you have a good show.

Thanks Paul.

New Flip mount for the AGM StingIR is already a hit. Drop by the AGM Thermal Booth and see it in action for those visiting SHOT SHOW.

You couldn’t just carry enough inventory to fil your 16 sqft?

We have 200sqft which is still not a large booth. 3 Fork truck loads. 2 video displays. 12 guns on display. Dozens of suppressors. Multiple thermals including rifle mounted and vehicle mounted.

How big is your booth at SHOT SHOW?

Envious much? Yes , Yes you are. But the world needs ditch diggers, too.

I have never seen SHOT SHOW so far behind the curve. Carpet still not down at 5 PM.

Our booth is looking great but some of the big guys will be up all night.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WyomingArmsJeff
John,

My emergency stash of Robitussin is missing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well SHOT SHOW load in is not up to usual standards.

Saw 2 fork trucks spill loads. Everything jammed up.

Many booths way behind in setup due to slow load in.

Fork trucks moving in my booth got lost and I had to find them in the wilderness and guide them back.

It's like the 24hr Campfire "Brain Trust" was hired by Freeman for the move in. laugh

Good for us we have this stuff nailed, but over many years I have never seen things this bad at SHOT SHOW.

I sort of love CHAOS so it's always fun, this year is a bit more fun.

Any ways who's at SHOT SHOW?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Enjoy John. I hope you have a good show.

Thanks Paul.

New Flip mount for the AGM StingIR is already a hit. Drop by the AGM Thermal Booth and see it in action for those visiting SHOT SHOW.

You couldn’t just carry enough inventory to fil your 16 sqft?

We have 200sqft which is still not a large booth. 3 Fork truck loads. 2 video displays. 12 guns on display. Dozens of suppressors. Multiple thermals including rifle mounted and vehicle mounted.

I have never seen SHOT SHOW so far behind the curve. Carpet still not down at 5 PM.

You’re delusional. One of my clients has a substantial presence in Vegas this week. His contracts with .gov are in the 9 digits. Self made, Sea Bee background that built a business from his garage. 4 days a year are all you have to look forward to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You’re delusional. One of my clients has a substantial presence in Vegas this week. His contracts with .gov are in the 9 digits. Self made, Sea Bee background that built a business from his garage. 4 days a year are all you have to look forward to.

Wow.

One of your clients did some thing.

But YOU didn't do JACK SHIT. You just bitch and whine in ENVY.

It's never not funny.

The world needs ditch diggers, too.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Says the cuck, supported by his wife, who is not at SHOT

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

😂😂😂

But he works for a guy who is in Vegas?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

😂😂😂

Which would probably hurt the man if it were coming from someone that has a interest in women.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Anything ground shaking there john?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Sadly Cindy Morgan^^ just passed away last month. Damn I'm getting old....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Anything ground shaking there john?

Careful

You’ll probably have your house raided by your Masters who surveil your social media for simply inquiring about SHOT

😂😂👍🏼😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 236 of 254 1 2 234 235 236 237 238 253 254

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.