-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A friend got me hooked on the fire, and I too do more reading than posting...just don't have the knowledge most of you guys and gals have.

Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character. (Winston Wolf - Pulp Fiction)

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I was a regular on rimfirecentral and followed a link to the campfire. I saw the light and realised that I own more guns than just .22s. I do a lot of reading also, but tend to stick my nose into a lot of topics that I am ignorant about. smile

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Came over from Shooters.com, can't remember exactly how it transpired but it sure has been a welcome experience. Have met and hunted with numerous members and literally have not had any unpleasant experiences selling, trading, conversing, etc.

Rick has been great as have others like Dr. Howell, MD, SD, AGW, etc. Just too many fine folks with too many good ideas, experiences, etc.

One last thing, I now have a lot more Sucks rifles. shocked

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
First got into computers in late '99 or early 2000 with a used 'surplus' computer. Found Giz's 10/22 Forum (now Rimfire Central), Hunt America, & Shooters. When Shooters went to hell I came over with a lot of others. Read much more'n I post but I'm here nearly every day. Gave up on Hunt America (too ????) but still frequent Rimfire Central. This is 'home' tho. I'd post more but just ain't much for talkin'!

Exercising maximum personal freedom means . . . accepting total personal responsibility...!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A friend told me about it when I was trying to learn to bed a rifle. Dang glad he did. I lurked for a while before joining, but then I just had to put a new tube on my 06 and had many questions. I've learned much from members here and will be eternally gratefull.

Thanks all.
Dave.

p.s. congrats on your first deer.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
To actually learn what you need to get started shooting and hunting? To learn more about gear....or glean from those with more experience/knowledge? To chat with like-minded ppl that dig hunting, fishing, reloading, back packing, custom jobs, etc...?

I came here cuz I didn't have a clue, and I wanted to learn. And I sure appreciate the ppl that have taken the time to teach and share with me, directly and indirectly!! It's been a BLAST. Seems like fall came and went so fast...and I can hardly friggin WAIT to have anoter crack at it this fall, woooot!!

So, what brings/brought the rest of you here? How did you find the site?

HoundGirl

that's funny, only because I would have guessed that you originally came here because you were either a vegetarian/vegan or PETA member that came here to stir the pot with us ...

and then got converted to the 'dark side' ... (grin)

-WGM-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a couple numbers here amaze me... The maximum number of people online was 1366 on 8-7-07! That is a lot of folks! And now, late on a Friday night there are nearly 300 cruising the joint... A lot of sites do not even have that many folks registered!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mule Deer mentioned it in one of his columns so I tried it. I lurk more than I contribute. Am a daily visitor when at home.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like evertghing about being outdoors. I can find a lot of information about everything I love here.

[Linked Image]
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Was recovering from surgery almost 3yrs ago when I saw JB's article about the availability of information the internet related to hunting and shooting, and he specifically mentioned the Campfire. For that article, I thank him. And for the people I've met here, online as well as a couple in person, I'm glad to be associated with you.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I havebeen amember ( but rarely post) onA R for several years. I "lurked" on this site for onvce in a while ussually looking for info on something orother.but the more I came here the more I saw what AR seems to be missing( at least to me) andthat is personality.Both sites have lots of knowledge and regular posters that can and do help with most any problem that you can ask about but on the Campfire it seems that it is ok to be yourself. The personality is allowed to show through in the answers and we get to know thje folks a little better that way. Seems to me that is what makes thissite unique, people are able to be themslves and other are free to like them or not.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
+1 on sharing info and experience. I think I read much more than I post. Nice group, IMO. Some of the other forums seem to attract individuals who are a bit...overanxious(?) about guns.

The Campfire, on the other hand, is generally rational.

Well, unless someone asks about whether to hunt with a round chambered or not. smile

.30-06 Springfield: 100 yrs + and still going strong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"What brought you to the 'Fire?"

The more pertinent question is What will take you away from the 'fire?

� a body bag �

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started on Shooters in April of 1997. I had just started in with this Internet thing and had just started hunting again a couple years before. I was pleased to find a hunting and shooting oriented website. I had no issue with Shooters until the Mods banned E4E, then I came over 26 Jan 2001 as member # 137.

BTW, my approach to and method of posting has changed dramatically over the years. Anyone else find that about themselves?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken
Always a better question! wink
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Blaine
I had no issue with Shooters until the Mods banned E4E, then I came over 26 Jan 2001 as member # 137.

Blaine I had forgoten about them doing that. I was only 2 days behind you lol. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I called a gentleman listed as a reference by an outfitter I was looking at. We had nice conversation over hunting and guns and he mentioned I might be interested in this site.

He was/is JimR and is a member here.

Gdv

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Barak came here after a couple of folks from the old Shooter's group kept pestering him to join. He would occasionally talk to me about a particular person on the Campfire, or about discussions that were going on.

Then one day we were out to dinner on our date night and he told me that a woman had joined... named Hound Girl. He said that she was taking a lot of crap from some of the members, but was holding her own admirably. He said he liked her a lot. I said to him, "You mean women can join?" And he said yeah... and so I said, "Gee, maybe I should join..." And he said, "It would be great to have you there..." And the rest is history... grin whistle And then Joken2 set me up with an avatar to match Barak's, and everything was perfect... wink

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was a accident!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,302
Posts18,487,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.