Hop To
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by mathman
Just prior to all that at 1:08 when asked about his tests, he does specifically say: “for Rokslide, was last winter”, which indicates to me that he does get some sort of benefit from Rokslide for doing his tests.

That seems tenuous to me.

You very well could be right. 🤷‍♂️

Aside from (very) slight curiosity, I am unconcerned either way.

Same feelings.

And like BS mentioned, if you care enough about something, grab one and see if it suits ya. Although I do appreciate others experiences as well.

Semper Fi
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wait, I am confused, are we believing what we see, read and hear on the internet or not?

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It’s pretty fhuqking easy to shoot on your own nickle and simply relate the findings. Hint…………

Not that I don't enjoy reading about all the justifications that routinely pop up for crowning gear without actually taking it out to use by oneself, but my thought since reading about all these tests years ago is if one is dubious of someone's reported issues with something and/or not sure who or how much to believe on the interwebs, just test your own gear to whatever level leaves you confident in it for your uses. Why let someone else have all the fun?

Certainly, I enjoy reading reports of others' successes and failures, and I'm always looking for data points that substantiate trends, but I tend to put more stock in my own experiences.

Scopes fhuqk a LOT of folks up,because the MOST important part of them,is the schit you can't see. Hint.

Rugged Reliability,is factored by guts and very fhuqking few test same,if only obviously. Hell...most are scared to fhuqking death of a "scratch",or anything resembling "weather". Hint.

Rather than make fhuqking excuses for Tender Wares,one should be scratching that schit OFF the fhuqking List. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I’m quoting as close as I can remember. Episode 34 as stated before It’s at 1:30 mark

Ryan Avery asks. Do I pay you, or does Nightforce pay you

The answer was: NO

Threads over.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Not that I don't enjoy reading about all the justifications that routinely pop up for crowning gear without actually taking it out to use by oneself, but my thought since reading about all these tests years ago is if one is dubious of someone's reported issues with something and/or not sure who or how much to believe on the interwebs, just test your own gear to whatever level leaves you confident in it for your uses. Why let someone else have all the fun?

Certainly, I enjoy reading reports of others' successes and failures, and I'm always looking for data points that substantiate trends, but I tend to put more stock in my own experiences.
Scopes fhuqk a LOT of folks up,because the MOST important part of them,is the schit you can't see. Hint.

Rugged Reliability,is factored by guts and very fhuqking few test same,if only obviously. Hell...most are scared to fhuqking death of a "scratch",or anything resembling "weather". Hint.

Rather than make fhuqking excuses for Tender Wares,one should be scratching that schit OFF the fhuqking List. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

You should post up some pictures of "weather" and success on game, skip fishies.

It'll be fun. But we all know those pictures will always have have Golden Rings.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 02/08/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
I’m quoting as close as I can remember. Episode 34 as stated before It’s at 1:30 mark

Ryan Avery asks. Do I pay you, or does Nightforce pay you

The answer was: NO

Threads over.

If he said it, it must be true, right? I think he'd be smart to be demanding payment from the forums where he generates so much content and traffic. They're literally marketing their new Tikka stock as "Form approved." So even if Avery doesn't sign the checks for Form, I highly doubt they're not in some sort of business deal together. It's not a bad thing really.

Another explanation for why he totally dropped off the face of the earth here and went to Rokslide exclusively is that people are a lot more combative here... there he has a cult following - guys who sell all their rifles and scopes to get Formidilosus approved setups.

The fact is we have no idea who he is. Makes it really hard to gauge how seriously to take him. He presents himself as an expert on practically everything (I've even seen him give parenting advice) - but when you ask why you should believe him he and his supporters get really defensive about it.

At this point, the only reason I can think of to stay anonymous is that if people knew who he was it would hurt rather than enhance his credibility.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why would he stick around to provide information to azzholes here?

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I think the podcast he goes on sometimes is pretty good. One of the better hunting and shooting podcasts. Covers a lot of basics that a lot of guys could benefit from learning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Because we could have taught him how to hunt and what was a good hunting optic.

Formy was way behind the curve but a few of you fan girlz sure ate up the bullshit.

When you kill your first bull elk you will begin to see.

Good Luck.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Neato GIF John; never seen that one before.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JohngotnofamilyBurns

Because I'm a dumb fat old b itch

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Hey look it's the resident drunkard. Go drown your sorrows you pathetic piece of s hit

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/08/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hey look it's the resident drunkard. Go drown your sorrows you pathetic piece of s hit

The HandJob, lashing out, because that’s what you do when you’re depressed about your pathetic, unaccomplished life

Seek help

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So is Form going to be working for free at the shooting/hunting class that rokslide/shoot2hunt is charging $3k for and advertising him as the instructor?

Not that I have a problem with making money, good for him. Things probably just changed since the whole I don’t get paid by any one statement.

I also think a large percentage of the rokslide members are pretty young new to hunting types. Or least new to out west hunting as they like to say. The whole bragging about DIY public land hunt is one clue. They want a hero.

Jumping off ice cliffs to kill a rag horn and expecting us to believe it is another clue.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Do you think a scope manufacturer is attending the shooting course? Or is the manufacturer paying him to put on the course?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

The HandJob, lashing out, because that’s what you do when you’re depressed about your pathetic, unaccomplished life

Seek help

Ah the litte sidekick has come to his hero's aid....lol

John "the liquor" burns needs your help? Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ralphie
So is Form going to be working for free at the shooting/hunting class that rokslide/shoot2hunt is charging $3k for and advertising him as the instructor?

Only a novice or an uninformed moron would sign up

I’m sure the HandJob was first in line

🤣

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Ralphie

Only a novice or an uninformed moron would sign up

I’m sure the HandJob was first in line

🤣

Go show them how it's done, you could run the "how to play second fiddle to a fat drunk" portion of training lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This just keeps getting better. Keep it up fellas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JackingHandJob
Go show them how it's done

There’s no doubt I could.

Keep us posted when your mancrush, chuck, wins a National Match

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.