Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Wow.... We are not going to buy anymore Tyson products.

I really like J.D. Vance, a clear voice for the working class IMO.

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tyson says that they have 52,000 job openings that “other people “ don’t want to do.

Quite a bit of info on this mostly all msm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tyson has been hiring wetbacks for years to process their chicken- - - - -haven't bought any of their products in at least 20 years. It's hard to boycott something I don't buy anyway. The grocery stores in every town with a Tyson plant have several aisles dedicated to Mexican products. Somebody's got to be buying that stuff.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Tyson is trash!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And to think, I was going to root for him in his upcoming fight with Jake Paul.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A Chinese company, CMHI, owns 79.5% of Tyson foods.

Tyson previously sold off their pet food business to General Mills.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Chamber of commerce republicans love illegals.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Yet they are closing a Iowa plant and just closed a few Missouri plants. They are chasing the illegal work force.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I bet Tyson builds housing for them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I bet Tyson builds housing for them.

Tyson is 80% China owned as of 2022 and yes they do have apartments for rent.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I cannot remember the last time I bought Tyson, easily 20 years ago, but with their new 1 Billion adventure to force the bugs into our food I'd suggest those who don't want to ingest ivermectin often to stay away as well.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The entire commercial food processing business model in the US depends on illegal labor. This isn't even close to just a Tyson issue. If you are buying products at the grocery store, an illegal had a hand in them. Everyone working at any food processing plant around here knows days prior to any surprise immigration inspection. It's not by accident.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Given the mood in the Country, I sincerely hope Tyson gets a Bud Light +P+ response from American consumers.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the mid-90s, I worked at a meat processing plant. I won't name names. They're still in business.

The beginning packer was making .$.25/hour more than Wendy's starter. A supervisor made $.50/hr more. If you worked 3rd shift, you got a $.50/hour shift differential.

We had above 75% attrition in the first month. Actually most folks hit the inner door going into the plant and left and never came back. Our plant was fastidiously clean, but the mix of raw and cooked meat together does something. I worked there for 4 years schlepping PCs around, and there were days where that smell would hit me and I had to walk back out and steel myself. Raw met doesn't smell bad. Cooked meat smells really good. Put the two together?

There was one point where things were at a breaking point. One of the junior execs was in HR. I was there as well fixing something.

"What are we going to do?" he said. "I'm looking for ideas." At this point they were hiring out of halfway houses, AA meetings, and putting a want ad crawler across the bottom of the local radar channel.

"Tell you what," I said. "I've got a buddy that has a big ol' Oldsmobile convertible. He travels to Mexico in the winter, because he froze his feet in The Bulge and can't stand to get them cold. We can ride down with him and stuff maybe 7 at a time in the trunk."

This young exec thought I was serious, and actually started thinking about it. I had to tell him I was joshing. He wasn't. Whatcha know, but 2 weeks later Tyson got nailed doing pretty much the same thing. About a year later, we got ourselves in a jam and Tyson swooped in and bought us out. I was laid off in the first wave.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tyson, was/is a huge backer of the Clintons, too. They donated wheelbarrow loads of money to them. Remember those cattle futures Hilarity made so much money on? Tyson footprints all over that (they did more than chicken in those days, and might, still).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m sure there’s lines of white Americans lining up to work on the slaughter floor ankle deep in chicken [bleep], blood and guts 8 hrs a day 6 days a week for $20/hr….

How many people on here pay someone else to mow their yard? Change their oil? Clean their home? Wash their car?

We are a civilization at the end of a very historically predictable cycle. The generation that has known nothing but wealth and entitlement and has lost the ability/desire to perform tasks they deem menial.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
The entire commercial food processing business model in the US depends on illegal labor. This isn't even close to just a Tyson issue. If you are buying products at the grocery store, an illegal had a hand in them. Everyone working at any food processing plant around here knows days prior to any surprise immigration inspection. It's not by accident.

This^^.
From the farms, processors/packers, restaurants etc…
Meat or vegetable. If you’re going to boycott, you’ll likely starve to death.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m sure there’s lines of white Americans lining up to work on the slaughter floor ankle deep in chicken [bleep], blood and guts 8 hrs a day 6 days a week for $20/hr….
If corporate farming was demolished and returned to pre-1960s laws (this is when small farms were starting to be killed off, actually just repeal everything from the 1960s) and put the food supply back into the hands of the people growing and raising the food it would eliminate a lot of problems. A farmer/rancher is not allowed to butcher and sell his own livestock to the public, that's crazy.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

laugh

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.