Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ultimate punishment: Take away her cell phone, IPod, PDA and mirror for about a week. wink

Wayne

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Despite its overall ugliness, Sharia law does have a certain appeal
in this case. "Which hand did you use to grab the money, Missy?"

JBD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When you hear about kids like those two it is easy to lose faith in all of them. However, I am a college teacher and am around young people all day almost every day - helps keep me young. Some have tatoos, some metal sticking in various parts of their anatomy, and some have wild hair. Most don't have any of that. A few are nothing but trash and will probably never be anything else. The vast majority are really good kids - even the weird looking ones. When you really talk to them and hear their opinions they often display an unexpected level of maturity and sense of caring. In other words have faith guys, there are far more good'uns coming on than bad ones.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Charge them with felonies (the amount taken should constituted grand larceny) and as adults. Don't plead them down. Use the video at trial and let them hang themselves with their own words. Use forfeiture laws to take the "get away vehicle." That should make the parents happy. Let them get a GED in prison and see what college they get into after that. They are clearly sociopaths incapable of empathy for their victim. Since they came back to taunt their victim a no contact order should be included in sentence.

It appears that the local legal system is part of the problem here. I have friends and relatives in LE and they universally complain about prosecutors that want the slam dunk cases but fall allover themselves to avoid going to court if it appears the accused have the resources to fight back. I find it incredulous that because no force was used to steal the money no charges could be filed. I call BS on that one.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
JBD,
I know you are right. I taught some college level accounting classes a few years back and found most of the kids fun to work with. The only failure I had was the daughter of my secretary who was also rich. That kid was lazy and assuming: pretty and manipulative, but displayed quite an attitude. She couldn't believe it when I wouldn't provide a way to raise her grade above the D- she earned. I told her she had the same opportunities as everyone else: they were called tests.

I set up mock interviews for the juniors and seniors and got many compliments on the kids from the recruiters. A couple even got hired as a result.

I also hired a girl recently with bright red hair and tats but the owners wife had issues with her and that didn't last. I had no problems with her, though. She was fun and smart.....just different.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree that those two should have to pay for their actions, only problem is if the parents try to put controls on them all the girls have to do is go to child protective services and yell daddy molersted me and some up and coming female man hating DA trying to make a name for herself brings daddy up on child molestation charges even if he didn't do the deed and if he's convicted dad's as convicted child molester and has to register as a child molester for the rest of his life.

Don't tell me it can't happen as my wife has a cousin in Colorado serving time for just this very scenario and he's inocent as the daughter admits he didn't do that she only said it because she wanted to get even with him for laying the law down to her because she was running around with the wrong crowd. One of her girl friends at a later date brought the same charges against a cop that had arrested the girl for some infraction and the courts said it didn't happen.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by peepsight3006
Ultimate punishment: Take away her cell phone, IPod, PDA and mirror for about a week. wink

Wayne

Why only "a week?" Why not make miss prissy-priss and her sidekick have to earn the money to buy them back? And then again? And Again? And again?

Even the meedja and local law (DA) didn't seem to see the urgency and seriousness of the offense. Sheesh!

What was left over after buying back those toys should be (IMO) donated (a large portion) to the girl's Scout Troop, the local cops' widows and orphans organization, and any other organizations that supported whomever had to clean the punk-ettes' act.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Charge them with felonies" There's not a state in the union that $164 and change is a felony. Seize the vehicle on a misdemeanor,cause you want to, not happening. So who gets to choose if we bypass set laws and and seize people's property, and charge people with what we want to, not what the law reflects, the police?

Holy schit!! Birdie are you reading this, you think i am a corrupt mutha now, give me the power to pick and choose if i want to charge people with a felony, when the crime is only a misdemeanor and seize their property for minor infractions. laugh

Seriously, it won't fly, laws are in place for a reason, even if it's juveniles or adults, you can't up the penelty cause you want to. What sets misdemeanors and felonies apart is value of what was stolen or damaged, and the extent of physical injuries.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"we went through all that effort and had to give the money back"

I can relate...sounds like me and my taxes.

Otto is my co-pilot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Pull use of the car, any allowances they get (which I'm sure they do), and ground 'em. They don't comply......never again to use their parents car until they comply with the parents punishment.

Court stuff, separate deal. A whole different set of conditions (fines, restitution, possible detention, community service work, probation), which also will be monitored by their probation officer. Double whammy.....nope. Everyone answers to their parents at that age and no ones above the law. You reap what you sow.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cut all the crap and publicly flog this rotten snatch! mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The girls are on their way to being punished in a fashion we never knew. These girls have had their 15 minutes of fame and it's not pretty for them. The whole world has had the opportunity to see them at their finest. We will never forget them and they have made public headlines and exposed themselves for what they are. Selfish little bi&%&s. Wo be it on the boy who marries one of these girls. Nothing will ever be good enough. At their 25 year class reunion they will still be the girls who stole from the girl scout. I hope their class mates shun them like lepers. A little gutter cleaning community service wouldn't hurt either.

The juvenile court may clear their records at age 18 but community sentiment will always be out there. They are right up there with the Helmsley lady who ripped off her hotel employees and treated them like dirt. It's gonna take a lot of years for them to redeem themselves. Rightly so.

I also spent 13 months in San Antonio while I was in the Army (Ft. Sam Houston) in he early 1970's. I really loved my time there and a friend of mine in my unit was from the south side of San Antonio. I visted his home and the south side on several occasions. Actually great people once you have earned their trust and respect. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wildlife, whatever it takes. That young girl did not ask to be robbed, nor taunted after the robbers were released from jail.

A finger, hand, head, whatever. In my opinion a deterrant is anything that will prevent the same people from doing it again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
kwg020, you are so right. The internet is forever.
It's worst than small town gossip, it's world wide.

The girls are on their way to being punished in a fashion we never knew. ]

Last edited by shreck; 02/22/08.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
JBD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boy are you right about that. They will never not be "those two who stole from a little girl" and they WILL be remembered as such by everyone they know now and many they will encounter in the future. They obviously don't care now but in the future I'll bet they will. It will be a greater punishment than any court has the power to lay on them.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm afraid many in this age group were raised by the hippy take any drug & demonstrate generation. Also, when my daughters were in HS many of her friends were single parent children. All of this leads to dysfunctional teens like in your post. The parents undoubtably contributed to these teens attitude but many have the same attitude. If a President can get away with lying what does this say about our current generation. Lying, cheating, & stealing are ok IF you don't get caught. What a sad situation.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 47 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,923
Posts18,518,859
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.