Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Opening speech was exceptional, with all the polish (minus the subtle fatherly aspect) of Reagan and the crisp execution of Clinton, if not better; this guy really knows how to lay in a speech...gotta respect that.

I hear Adolph could give a whale of a speech as well. wink

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I just took an after dinner dump and looked at the terd in the bowl before I flushed.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i don't remember who called obama a bafoon, but i think they meant a baboon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not one man....it is the majority of people that think his way is the correct way, and the politicians that have to ride side-saddle to keep their position(s). We created it.....so it shouldn't hold much shock value.

Different socio-economic times....same dance, far as I can see.

He is simply a mouth for the majority of sentiment that was already in play.

He is less the threat....for the weight of his following. It's a perspective riddled with people that actually think that the government can give them something they can't afford themselves.

Somewhere, in the numbers...we lost our clearity and direction as independent people that cherished the basic freedom(s) that comes from hard times and difficult choices.

Just my worthless assessment of the dance.

Off to run my dogs....before I get in a pizz poor mood<grin>....

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I am not watching or listening to him.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He just can't stop campaigning.........no real substance to any of his response, just more & more generalizing or evasion.

We are in for a bad time until he, Piglosi & Reid are replaced.

MM

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Where do you start?

1) "not a single earmark". Liar.

2) "Tax cuts alone, don't work". Tax cuts increase revenue every time it's done!

It's the spending Stupid

3) On the war: He now claims there is a working democracy in Iraq. mad mad mad mad

4) Hey Bozo, YOU were a member of the senate when the SPENDING orgy was going on. HE was part of the problem!

This man is flat out ridiculous.

Last edited by let_me_in; 02/09/09.

Jeff
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i still say he is a baboon.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
At this point I'm just going with deceitful, manipulative and WRONG to boot.

Jeff
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
He just can't stop campaigning.........no real substance to any of his response, just more & more generalizing or evasion.

We are in for a bad time until he, Piglosi & Reid are replaced.

MM

That's because campaigning and giving speeches is actually the only real skills he has. The country just elected a guy that has never served in the military, never run a company, and even when he was in congress, he voted "present" over a hundred times instead of taking a position.

He is a an empty suit, a paper tiger etc who has accomplished absolutely NOTHING in life except fooling the people into thinking that he HAS accomplished EVERYTHING in life. He is simply a snake oil salesman.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

He is simply a snake oil salesman.

Now you're giving him a lot more credit than he deserves snake oil salesman have to work hard for a living.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 02/09/09.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote He is simply a snake oil salesman.
[/quote]

That would be an upward interpretation... a more concerning one is that he is a Trojan horse with "really bad" people pulling his strings...

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder who shines the insides of the Magic Doods ears? Right spiffy grin

Really, the teleprompters in a press conference? Get real!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I'm embarrassed to be living under this president now. I was never "embarrassed" under Bush, despite the world's hatred of him. But this one. This one is, well, unpresidential and YOUNG.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
He has BALL'S the size of BB'S & a spine made of JELLO!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Negotiating with Iran: For the past 30 years we have taken a hard line with Iran and it has netted us dick. Negotiating can't hurt...really, it can't.

The Demos have lied their way into power and this is one of them.

You dont know what your talking about. We have been talking to Iran for years and it has gotten us no were. The Europeans have been doing the talking, but they have been consulting with us. This has netted us dick.

Nogotiations with Iran

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Obama's plan is solid with the exception of nuclear and domestic drilling. Even without those two, his investment in alternative energy resources (non-alternative needs no investment, they work), is excellent.

Well you pass on nuclear & domestic drilling as casual exceptions that really are the only proven viable solutions, the rest is theory.

Wind, wave, solar, bio-diesel, ethanol, these are all alternative energy that have been paraded, then turned out to be rank with unintended problems and not as efficient as most had hoped.

Obama will chose to put the money in the unproven and virtually will ignore what is reliable and proven (nuclear, domestic drilling), and you call that a good energy policy?

Spot on Barkoff!, Spot on.

Methinks Kevin has been sneaking too many sips from the koolaid jug. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Near the beginning of his speech , Obama said that ONLY THE GOVERNMENT could fix this thing. He blamed Bush and the private sector for the money mess we are in. Something he failed to mention was Barney Frank and cohorts compliance with Sallie and Freddy.

He lied about pork spending. Not one reporter had the nads to question any of the free giveaways in this bill. Toatally shameful.

BP...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh I'm sure the right questions were there, they just didn't make the pre selected list.

BO is already frustrated, so early in the game & he's showing a lot of frustration. He's using every opportunity to defend himself, he looks like an idiot up there, it's sickening to watch.

Reminds me of Jr high school kids running to their group of friends to campaign for themselves, build themselves up after finding out that some of the other kids are not exactly in love with him/her and there ideas.

It�s like he�s upset to be finding that the rainbow wave of mindless bliss that got him elected is powerless against real issues, real problems.

Big boy problems, presidential even.

Moron, who will play him on Saturday night Live? I can�t wait, they should have a lot of fun with the character.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well you pass on nuclear & domestic drilling as casual exceptions that really are the only proven viable solutions, the rest is theory.
Alternative energy sources have proven to be viable, but need further development. The idea is to spend this stimulus money to develop those energy sources. Nuclear and oil are fully developed and proven, so you don't need to spend any money, you just need to let it happen. You do that through pressuring your representatives. Whether he likes it or not, in the coming years, he's going to have to allow nuclear because we desperately need it. As for drilling, that's going to be a battle.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (257 mag, badwolf, 35, BABore, 11 invisible), 1,437 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,062
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.