Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Toons hit the nail on the head! For me I thought the womans delivery was waaaaaay to angry for me to even consider the subject matter. I could care less what she said after I got that impression.....If you don't like it....Tough [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought she was tired of being treated like any less than an equal participant in our 2nd (and other) Amendment Rights and was saying it clearly, forcefully, and with some fairly subtle humor. I find it incredible that someone immediately questions her sexual preferences just because she is forthright in expressing her displeasure at being treated like someone who is not quite bright, or capable, or able to use weapons in an accomplished manner because of her sex. Like she said, GET OVER IT.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
iifid; blah blah blah, blah blah.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

T
T
Well, well - seems I ruffled a lot of feathers with my little essay on what women want! Funny to see some of the comments...<P>"At least she's not bitter!"<BR>"if she's married....its probably to another woman!" <BR>"Its more like what women don't want."<BR>"Just another loudmouth lezbo. Too homely to find a man. Sexually frustrated liberal with a gun. Yikes! Guess that could be."<P>That last was my favorite. LOL <P>Let's set the record straight, shall we?<P>I'm married to a wonderful man and we have three children - 1 biological and 2 adopted.<P>I'm a Libertarian and very active on the state level.<P>I am not - nor have I ever been - a liberal.<P>I am a Johns Hopkins University Graduate and an Army veteran, who's never shot below expert with an M16.<P>Sexually frustrated? Only when my husband is working.<P>Am I overbearing? Well, I'm a redhead, so some would say so. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <P>I do not take offense at being called a "lezbo." My sister-in-law happens to be gay, and she's one of my closest friends. So those of you who were hoping to offend and those of you who were hoping that the moniker might make the message any less effective are barking up the wrong tree.<P>Now, contrary to some people's belief, I do not hate men and I didn't write this article due to penis envy.<P>On the contrary - the article was aimed at those men who attempt to disarm the general populace by using the excuse that women are weak, ineffectual and must be protected from themselves. Any women like that here? Better leave the room, because you're about to get offended. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Was I bitter when I wrote it? No way! I was ticked off! I had just finished talking to a fuzzy, unwashed, so-called "progressive" who tried to convince me that women must be protected by gun-grabbing laws. He actually tried to convince me that it wasn't feminine to shoot as well as I do or to own firearms! He actually tried to convince me that women were too emotional and uncontrolled to be allowed to own weapons! Wouldn't YOU be ticked off?<P>Point was this: women are just as capable of handling firearms and defending their homes and their children as men are. Using the excuses that we're too feminine, too weak, too emotional or too defenseless to handle weapons won't work. We're smarter than that.<P>Funny - most of the positive comments I got on the article came from men. <P>That is not to say that there weren't a couple of misogynistic, cave-dwelling knuckle-draggers with sloped foreheads who didn't waste inordinate amounts of time and cyber space jerking off into my email box about women's supposed intellectual inferiority and lack of logic.<P>Well, in a way I'm an old fashioned girl, so I let a couple of my very gallant, chivalrous male friends take care of that. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

Nicki<BR>-------------------<BR>Annoy a politician. Think!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Nicki.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nicki, Bravo! I'm not sure where your message was lost on so many, but it was perfectly clear to me. I've been around plenty of women who shoot as much or more than I do, (though I hate to admit that some of them shoot better!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>I volunteer at sight-in days at my range each year just before hunting seasons, and some of the women who show up look and act like the type who are "doing it for the boyfriend/husband" to keep them happy. However, most of the women are much better shooters right off the bat then most of the men. My take on that is they don't have the bad habits a lot of men accumulate by time they are adults, and they shoot calibers appropriate for their game, skill level, and abilities. In other words, they are very honest with themselves about what they can handle and what they can't and the results speak for themselves. I have seen some remarkable markmanship from some of these women with a little coaching. <BR>However, more often than not their boyfriends have a rifle they can't handle because it is the biggest magnum they could find that day and they shoot lousy groups, usually blaming the rifle, scope, range help and everyone else for their problems. This is no exaggeration, I've actually had guys refuse to stop shooting even when they had tears rolling down their cheeks from the pain of recoil.<BR>I've also found that women, once they find they are capable of keeping up with a man in this game, are more positive, confident, and fun to be around. Just let some low life POS mess with most of them and there will be a real damaged low life!<BR>Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope we see more of your posts. Feel free to be up front and honest, even though a few of these guys might get their feelings hurt a bit. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tempest:<BR><STRONG>"Just another loudmouth lezbo. Too homely to find a man. Sexually frustrated liberal with a gun. Yikes! Guess that could be."<P>That last was my favorite. LOL </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hi Tempest, and welcome to the campfire. <BR>I'm the genius that authored those infamous words of wit. I am especially sorry that YOU also misunderstood my intentions. I am apparently a totally incompetent writer, but I am not a sexist. I wrote that in response to ALASKANASSASAN, who said,".... if she's married .... its probably to another woman!" It pi$$ed me off that he would make such an assumption on the basis of what was said in your essay. My response was made tongue-in-cheek, intending to ridicule his assessment of your character. I have tried to explain this once before on this thread, to no avail, and finally gave up. Here I am, trying again. I think if you read through the thread again, you'll see that I <I>meant</I> to express my admiration and support for your position, not to attack you in any way. My wife and daughter are both quite competent with firearms, and we shoot together regularly. I don't like to think that people would mercilessly slander them, simply because they like to hunt and shoot and can take care of themselves. Again, I hope you will accept my apologies for any misunderstandings that I have caused. <BR>Dan

B
B
[img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Well written commentary, Tempest. Hmmmm, I thought those "fuzzy, unwashed progressives" fancied themselves the champion of women's rights. "...too weak and emotional" indeed! Some women ARE....but so are some men, so the argument boils down to (as it always does with "progressives"), "we don't want you to have guns so we make up any ridiculous excuse we can think of to deny you that right, even if we look like idiots".<P>Bravo, Tempest. Informed, confident, self-assured women are needed and welcome in the pro-gun ranks.<P>And, I might observe, women of that caliber are more attractive to the men I hang with than the clingy, "just can't live without you" type.

T
T
Dan - No apologies necessary. I knew you were being sarcastic, and I found it amusing. What I found even more amusing is that SOMEONE took you seriously, because sarcasm is quite obviously lost on them. That's the only reason I included that quote in my diatribe. Don't worry. No hard feelings. I never thought for a minute you were insulting me in any way. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Rick and Sheister -- thanks for the kind words. I'm not big on forums (mostly because I don't have a whole lot of time), but I'll certainly check in every once in a while. Actually the person who turned me onto this conversation was the co-National Director of Armed Females of America. She said I might want to check it out and respond. I didn't realize I was becoming infamous. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]<P>You folks seem like a terrific bunch of people, though! Keep up the good fight.<P>PS to: I Need Guns <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Its more like what women don't want <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I find it extremely amusing that the above is coming from a teenage boy. Maybe you ought to wait for the other testicle to drop before you claim to be an expert on what women want or don't want. Capisce?

T
T
BigIron - Thank you for the vote of confidence and the kind words. They're always appreciated. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alaskanass, or however you spell your name:<P>You might, just possibly, have something useful to say on the topic of guns, hunting, or the like, but I think when "blah, blah, blah," is the best you can come up with on this topic you have greatly surpassed your level of competence.<P>Tempest:<P>Now that I see your name and state of residence, it occurs to me that we may have chatted a year or so ago in the DFW chat room, a bad habit that I have since deleted, but let the record reflect that I do not know you personally, but would be proud to be on your list of friends. And really unhappy to be on your list of enemies. LOL<P>To the other knuckle draggers in here--you know who you are:<BR> <BR>Get over it. Ummmm, where have I heard that before.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

T
T
IIFID -- Consider yourself a friend. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Feel free to drop an email anytime.<P>I don't think it was me in that chatroom. I was working as a radio reporter at the time, and I wasn't allowed to participate in such activities, because the station owners felt it compromised my objectivity. The people who ran the station had mucho integrity in that respect.<P>So I quit. heh heh heh [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Nicki, Very well said, I like your style.<BR>My hats off to all you men that get it.<BR>I am another married woman that has loved the outdoors all my life.It is very possible to be a woman ,mother& hunter and be able to take care of yourself.I love firearms and also Bow hunt.<BR>We need more females getting envolved in the sport or we will loose the right to keep & bear arms. We all need to know how to handle a firearm.<BR>Some of the problems I have seen are with these same comments that were seen above.<BR>It does take a strong person to get past that and I have know women that would like to learn but werent assertive enough to be able to get past the comments . <BR>Women dont have to be weak and scared to be Ladys. I will do all I can to teach my granddaughter that there is pride in knowing how to take care of yourself,and still be a woman and no shame in wanting to be outdoors hunting & fishing,and carring a firearm.<BR>Better to be thought of as to tough then looked upon as a victim,or pray.<BR>Just another woman that shoots.<BR> [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Real women,they are like that huge elk we search for. It seem women have different concepts about life and how to live it depending on who'se present at the time. They definitely don't need a gun to kill you. At banquets, parties, country club, social occasions, especially where other women are, they are weak,(can't open a door, manage a chair),need constant attention and want to be catered to. The majority are much weaker physically than men and are not capable for most physical work but but want equal everything especially pay. Women are much more capable than most men when it comes to managing children, social functions, hair salons, and the thousands of things concerning women. Face it, we didn't get to this status over night, it took thousands of years. When women want equal everything, they should think what they will look like with a mans body, and standing beside their car with a flat. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Tempest, keep up the good work, I like your style, and your hubby is a lucky guy. Ah, er, You got a Sister? ;-) Just mess'en with ya, and welcome aboard, where about's in VA are ya? TTYL

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Need One,there is truth to what you say LOL <BR>But not all of us feel the need to be taken care of and catered to,and there really are those of us that are not into womens lib.<BR>I do happen to believe that most men are stronger and that the sexes are different.I sure dont want to change that.<BR>I also enjoy the fact that my husband is the head of the house and I look to him for alot of things.<BR>I guess its a hard thing to get across,to get some folks to understand that we as women that love to hunt,fish and shoot are not out to take away anything from the men we know but instead we are there to share in all that hunting and shooting has to teach.<BR>I take pride in the fact that I do know how to shoot,hunt,and clean game. Im not out to try to prove anything to anyone except myself that I have what it takes to do the things I love to do. <BR>There are some good things about having a spouse that is as crazy about the outdoors as you are. We never fight about how or where to spent our time off. We both love sporting goods stores,Its real easy to buy gifts for each other.We both know that a good running truck will always be in our garage. For those times that come up when you must choose between house chores birthday partys or family reunions or weather we would rather eat or hunt LOL hunting always wins out.<BR>OF course the draw back is that now you have to buy two of everything ---but I have never heard my husband say------OH darn I have to buy another firearm?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Muledeer4me, -- I framed this piece and placed it on a wall in our bedroom.<BR> --------------<BR>You do your thing and I will do mine.<P>I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine.<BR> <BR>You are you, and I am I.<BR> <BR>If by chance we should find each other, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! <BR> ----------------------<BR>I fish, she reads, I hunt, she travels. We live together, IT'S BEAUTIFUL! -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
T
T
Hey, lovenlife! Thanks for the shot in the arm! I live in the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley in VA. 70 miles west of DC. Mountains, rivers, whitewater rafting, fishing, hunting, skiing, camping, you name it! It's beautiful out here, and still close enough to civilization. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I see you live in Aldie - I live 10 miles south of Winchester. Howdy, neighbor!<P>Muledeer4me - hi. One thing I've noticed about people - they think what I've said in my article is mutually exclusive of chivalry. I don't think that's the case. It's simple politeness to pull out a chair or open a door for a lady. It doesn't make one or the other person week or subjugated. It's simply good manners. It's a shame some people have to believe that it has to be one or the other.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Tempest, no s*%t, we are nieghbors! So do you guys go out hunting in the GWNF near Vance's Cove near Strasburg Va/Wardensville W.Va? We also head out to the Reddish Knob area out near Bridgewater as well. I should introduce you to Sandy, one of my hunting buddies, she has got to be the coolest chick (sorry no disrespect) I know, and one of my best friends. Damn she's married too, sigh, ;-)

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Tempest,right on.<BR>Need One,thats the whole point we were trying to make.You do your thing and I do mine.We hunt,fish,camp,shoot, ride horses &<BR> motorcycles,and many other thing,because we enjoy it.<BR>Thats what is so great about these sports,you can take a young kid out or a smaller woman and teach them how to shoot,hunt or<P> even fish and the confendence it builds is amazing. LOL Could be the very thing that puts some men off,HUH.<P><BR> [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,663
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.