Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by zeN
Yes you are a citizen, but you are also a policeman, you are paid by the very government that is under scrutiny here in such a forum, what exactly would we expect you to say? You are part of the apparatus that is being hotly debated, what CANNOT be allowed in a public forum like this is to allow someone like you to suppress, control or squash public debate,
because in case you haven't been paying attention, the internet is the vehicle for grass roots public resistance to these abuses,
but please, speak your mind-you can be sure I will, and I hope it encourages others to do the same, many of them are afraid to speak out, some have told me that;
the only thing we have to fear is fear itself
(and BATF, apparently)

Speak your mind and stand behind your opinions, I ceratainly will.

The difference is, I will do so without lumping together members of a subculture due to the abuses of a few. If you want me to, I can easily do so (priests, teachers, doctors, plumbers, soldiers: where do you want me to start?)

Again, you refer to "people like (me)". You have no idea who I am and what my beliefs are. Some here do. The fact is, IIRC, you're from California. Since we're classifying, you must be a pinko commie liberal (sorry to all the good Cali. folks, it's just to prove a point).

"People like me" want to see things discussed rationally. "People like me" want to see the problem cops driven off the job. "People like me" will be standing up with all the other goodly folks out there in support of the Constitution and the American way. If you knew half of what you think you know, you would be dangerous.

George

You forgot gay.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That's pure BS. It's just not as easy for the left to get away with it 'cause the right wrote the book on dirty tricks.
I suspect you are confusing folks who call themselves "right wing" with what right wing politics is actually all about. The political terms "left wing" and "right wing" have had perfectly good definitions from the time shortly following the French Revolution. In fact that's where it all got started.

The legislative body of Revolutionary France tended to sit either in the right wing or the left wing of the legislature (the building) depending on where their political sympathies laid. Those who were in favor of concentrating the powers of government and using them to manipulate the people and the culture in accordance with untested modern ideologies (with relative disregard for individual liberty) tended to congregate in the left wing of the building and those who opposed this viewpoint, sought decentralization of government power, and respected the rights of individuals, congregated in the right wing. Very soon, for shorthand, if you wanted to identify where a member of the French legislature stood politically, you simply identified in which wing of the building they sat, the right or the left. The idea stuck and survives to this day.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw
if you care enough to look, the extreme right wing and the extreme left wing hold almost the same political positions, albeit based on radically different viewpoints... those who make the claim that there is "only one way, and everyone must conform", usually find similar methods to enforce conformity...
I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. At the extreme edge of the right wing is maximum decentralization of power, i.e., anarchy (no state power, and every individual does his own thing), and at the extreme left wing is maximum consolidation of power, i.e., the total state (no individual rights, and each individual is seen as existing solely for the service of the state).

After WWII, there was a massive propaganda effort on the part of left wing university intellectuals to reframe the right/left scale so that it would appear that, while Stalinism was indeed an example of the extreme left, the various forms of fascism would be seen as examples of the extreme right. The reason for this was the reality that both were examples of the extreme left by the definition already in long use at the time.

Their concern was that the horrors perpetrated by multiple left wing regimes in the early and middle Twentieth Century (E.g., Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Soviet Russia) would permanently taint the left and destroy their hopes of transforming the world into a leftist "paradise."

Something needed to be done, so they reframed the whole right/left scale into a circular pattern and proposed that if any society went either to the extreme left or the extreme right, the result would be essentially the same. Their effort was successful, as this new concept was soon taught at all the universities (and is to this day). They saved leftism from being permanently associated with the horrors both of Fascism and Communism.

This was and is, however, false. Both Fascism and Communism are manifestations of the extreme left. The circular theory, when one considers the actual meaning of the political right wing, is utterly nonsensical.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Two questions come to mind immediately. Why is this 51 year old man living in a beat up old trailor with his elderly parents and how did he get convicted of anything because his "friend" forged a check. There may be good answers for these questions, but until I have them, there is little credibility in those reporting this story.

the biggest question in my mind is why there are federal agents in this guys trailer when the sheriff, local p.d. or constable could have handled this...
it seems to be a bit of a grandstanding act on the feds part... a photo op, perhaps, or just walking the dog.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
if you care enough to look, the extreme right wing and the extreme left wing hold almost the same political positions, albeit based on radically different viewpoints... those who make the claim that there is "only one way, and everyone must conform", usually find similar methods to enforce conformity...

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. At the extreme edge of the right wing is anarchy (no state power, and every individual does his own thing), and at the extreme left wing is the total state, i.e,. no individual rights, and all people are seen as existing solely for the service of the state.

Both Fascism and Communism are manifestations of the extreme left. The circular theory, when one considers the actual meaning of the political right wing, is utterly nonsensical.

The concept of a political left and a political right, in governance, is merely a mental composition or tool used to compare positions. To maintain the position that a government based on extreme right wing views would be anarchistic is laughable... No one who seeks to govern has anything in common, philosophically or practically, with an anarchist...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Two questions come to mind immediately. Why is this 51 year old man living in a beat up old trailor with his elderly parents and how did he get convicted of anything because his "friend" forged a check. There may be good answers for these questions, but until I have them, there is little credibility in those reporting this story.

the biggest question in my mind is why there are federal agents in this guys trailer when the sheriff, local p.d. or constable could have handled this...
it seems to be a bit of a grandstanding act on the feds part... a photo op, perhaps, or just walking the dog.....

Well, there is the 24-hour rule. Not like this story is going mainstream, so I guess I could place a bet and imagine a Sheriff casing the joint and sending someone to the door when sonny-boy is out drinking or something. It's not like the old man looks like a hardass...
[Linked Image]
Then again, THERE ARE PILLS THERE. METH LAB - METH LAB!!!!!
smirk

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. At the extreme edge of the right wing is anarchy (no state power, and every individual does his own thing)

a government based on anarchy makes as much sense as a football bat...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kew it wouldn't be long before the Waffen BATFEces started carrying out the orders from their new Gruppenfuhrer.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The concept of a political left and a political right, in governance, is merely a mental composition or tool used to compare positions. To maintain the position that a government based on extreme right wing views would be anarchistic is laughable... No one who seeks to govern has anything in common, philosophically or practically, with an anarchist...
You may laugh if you like, but it remains a fact. The right/left scale goes from total state on the one end (the furthest left extreme), to the total non-state on the other (the furthest right extreme). Since I am neither an anarchist nor a totalitarian, I don't advocate either extreme, however I much prefer the right side of the scale to the left, i.e., I like things just about where the Founding Fathers placed us with the ratification of the US Constitution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
a government based on anarchy makes as much sense as a football bat...
You said a mouthful. Anarchy, in fact, would last just long enough for some tin pot dictator (typically a mere front man for an oligarchy) to seize power. The best balance between left and right (for the purpose of preserving individual liberty) was achieved by the Founding Fathers.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Please don't confuse him with facts....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Hawkeye,
You made some interesting statements re:the left/right, would you describe the characteristics of a far right society, if you reject fascism as the expression of that far right ideology

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some folks campfire names really seem to fit them well.

some not so much.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
You have insulted my famowy, and the shaolin temple

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't read the entire thread but the one thing I don't understand is why, if the situation here was serious enough to warrant a break in by numerous BATF officers, did it take 6 weeks for them to act?

I know there are a lot of unknown factors here but it would seem if the situation was so serious it demanded the kind of action eventually taken then it should have happened a lot sooner.

I am trying to be neutral here but this one thing bothers me.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But if they 'd done it the next day after the tip came in people would be screaming about a rush to judgment.....can't win.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Yeah you can win-follow the spirit and law of the Constitution, SERVE the people of the United States in a way that citizens will support, and lastly get rid of BATF, which has no Constitutional authority, reduce the number of police in society, restrict their ability to interfere with citizens who are just going about their business, take away the SWAT teams which are assasination squads, have no place in a free society, reduce the kind and number of guns police may use, frankly I vote that they be required to go back to revolvers, this will make them attempt to resolve issues reasonably without going into a situation with a "shoot first" mentality, hold abusive police criminially liable for agregious violations against citizens like Ruby Ridge, etc., it's not rocket science

Last edited by zeN; 05/19/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In this case, they may have been over zealous, don't know. We can't seem to get both sides of the story. This reduction in LE, practices, equipment etc, i guess it'll lead to peace and harmony and elimination of the criminals.

I don't know if you realize it or not in your fantasy world, but there are true criminals who prey upon the citizens. How are you going to control that with your reduction in LE presence across America? Not everyone carries a gun 24/7 and some probably never will as a crime deterrent.

Believe it or not there are places in this country that need an increased LE presence to decrease response time and increase service to the citizens.

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Bull, there has always been crime, there always will be, leftists have been preaching that guns are evil, and we need to give up our guns and let law enforcement protect us, paramilitarizing the police, and LE has gone along with all this self-serving bs, why wouldn't they? We pay them high salaries and perks, buy all their toys, so they can use it against us like Ruby Ridge, for which they are practically immune from criminal prosecution,
It is not in the interest of police bureaucracies to give up power, they use fear to justify their activities, most of them full well knowing they cannot justify many of the practises these very same cops in this channel FORCE upon citizens on a regular basis,
if you weren't disarming the citizenry then citizens would/could protect themselves,
laws have been enacted that create whole new classes of criminals, guess what-you as a gun owner are IN one of these criminal classes and it is getter worse, and may get much worse before its over, the police prey upon the citizenry in a Police State and have, along WITH the republicans gone along with putting more police in every aspect of society-you cannot have limited government and a police State at the same time.
I think every citizen that reads this thread should be asking themselves the real question,
WHY WILL THE COPS ON THIS CHANNEL REFUSE TO PLEDGE TO THE PRINCIPLES OF SHERRIFF RICHARD MACK?????

Last edited by zeN; 05/19/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because he's just another politician looking for his next paycheck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 22250rem, 1234, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,485
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.