Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 67 1 2 3 4 66 67
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blaine
Without exception, the guys who are continuously rude and purposely spoil threads with BS comments are underachievers who are jealous of high achievers. I usually ignore such people, though I ocassionally I rip them new azzholes (both online AND in person), the decision as to when I rip somone is entirely arbitrary. It's just something you have to do periodically to get jealous underachievers to shut up. They are like the Muslim extremists in that they only understand and respect strength. If you are nice to them or tolerate them, they see it as a sign of weakness.

Having said that, most of these guys here are really meaning to be humorous, and chances are if they were in person the comments wouldn't seem rude, they'd seem funny. Otherwise they'd get their azz kicked......... wink

Is retiring as Major after 20+ years being an high achiever?
I call Bravo Sierra Blane and I would have no problem saying that to your face...

Last edited by BrotherBart; 10/25/09.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beats hell out of getting RIFF'd before retirement time! Not everybody gets the Bird or Star, some folks actually have to get the job done!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's RIFF"d?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's just da innanet,..

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Reduction In Force.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I kin spel jist fine!

Glad you got yourself convinced of that one grin

Lynn

That was mean! You been hanging around Jessica? laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by T LEE
Beats hell out of getting RIFF'd before retirement time! Not everybody gets the Bird or Star, some folks actually have to get the job done!

I know a guy who was RIFF'd, and to this day (10 years later), that is the first thing everyone tells everyone else about him. Be it in church, in a restaurant, at a wedding reception, everywhere. Talk about having your career achievements haunt you frown

Lynn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I kin spel jist fine!

Glad you got yourself convinced of that one grin

Lynn

That was mean! You been hanging around Jessica? laugh

I think it kinda rubbed off when she was hanging around grin

Lynn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
What's RIFF"d?

As Issac said, Reduction in force discharges. Kinda like getting layed off after ALMOST making it to company retirement and getting screwed out of your pension. That is what happens to the ones that don't produce/perform good enough.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Without exception, the guys who are continuously rude and purposely spoil threads with BS comments are underachievers who are jealous of high achievers. I usually ignore such people, though I ocassionally I rip them new azzholes (both online AND in person), the decision as to when I rip somone is entirely arbitrary. It's just something you have to do periodically to get jealous underachievers to shut up. They are like the Muslim extremists in that they only understand and respect strength. If you are nice to them or tolerate them, they see it as a sign of weakness.

Having said that, most of these guys here are really meaning to be humorous, and chances are if they were in person the comments wouldn't seem rude, they'd seem funny. Otherwise they'd get their azz kicked......... wink

I call Bravo Sierra Blane and I would have no problem saying that to your face...

Your mean.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Patrick,
Just take the wheat & ignore the chaff

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Patrick James, the common denominator of those "ruined" threads is a guy variously known as Big Stick/Try Me/PaleWhiteCracker...

He's most likely just here to raise hell until he gets booted for the third time (!). Hopefully, he'll tone it down a bit and stay a while. He's a real asset, when he's not being a real ass. smile

NOW watch the flaming begin.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
First off all I know I'm going to get flamed but after less than a 100 post in 5 years I have very little to lose.Out of all the gun/hunting forums on the net the 24 hour campfire IMO has the most knowledgeable members also the rudest.I don't know much about hunting and guns and I will be the first to admit it. Many times I have want to say something and thought about it a long time and decided not to because I didn't want to read a 1 or 2 word smart ass answer just to drive up somebody post count.Then there will be somebody who spent a lot of time and money haveing a custom rifle built and post a pictue of ther pride and joy just to get reamed because the twist of the rifling is wrong or scopes to big or small.Some times it gets real personal. It seems 2 or 3 set the tone for this forum.I know real world people don't talk to each other like this.I guess it's like road rage behind a computor screen.I know owning a large auto repair shop that most people will say things to you on the phone that they would never say to your face.just to beat somebody to it I'm not a liberal,I don't spell well,I say stupid stuff although I try not to and I ask stupid question some times.There I beat you to the punch.I realize this will probably be my last post.Flame on.

Sometimes it's pinhead time. Kinda of like troll time, except with pointed heads. Stick around so much more good than bad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This place has toned down a lot since I�ve been here. I have received a lot more than I have contributed. If you are secure about who you are as a person, you really won�t lose much sleep over what other people say. I freely talk about things within my comfort zone, and freely admit my lack of knowledge about other areas. If I operate within those parameters, the advice is extremely beneficial.

I have participated on more heavily moderated forums. I much prefer the freewheeling style here, where the forum pretty much moderates itself. After all, as Bristoe said, �It's just da innanet,..?� If your skin is too thin here, you�re hosed in real life.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Im 26 yrs old and really a rookie in terms of all the resources on this forum, hell brotha just throw it out there and see what kind of responses you get. They cant take your birthday away. There are some real good guys here, and wemminz too.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by smithwr
wemminz

I like that word. Can I borrow it sometimes ? grin

Lynn

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Your mean.

Jeff,

LOL!!!! If you hadn't quoted him I wouldn't have seen what he posted. Tell "Bart" I'd gladly love him to insult me in person, because them I could kick his azz and he'd finally shut up, which would be a great favor to everyone.

Now, just so others here know I'm not talking out of my azz.

I retired a Major because I was medically grounded for two years during the mid point of my career and was almost medcially retired. I fought back and managed to remain for a total of 24 years. While the medical grounding wasn't itself held against me, it did prevent me from holding key jobs that I needed at the time to be competitive for higher rank. However, any military officer will tell you that rank is NOT the most important indicator of one's acheievments. In fact, those whose only goal was promotion are not thought of very highly.

As it was, I rose to the absolute top of my profession. I finished my flying career as an evaluator who determined if the instructor pilots who trained new instructors were qualified to teach these new instructors. Further, I served three during deployments in the Middle East. There are young troops walking around today because of what I personally accomplished while I was deployed.

To top it all off, the company I'm now working for created a position for me just to get me in the company and I am on a track to bigger and better things. That just goes to show things like my Cum Laude undergraduate degree, ROTC Distinguished Grad, Honor Society membership, Who's Who recognition, and 4.0 MBA were indeed indicators of my potential.

Now, NONE of that makes me an expert in anything or means I am better than anyone else. MANY on the Campfire have far exceeded anything I have done. However, it does mean "Bart" is STILL full of schitt.....................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smithwr
wemminz

I like that word. Can I borrow it sometimes ? grin

Lynn

hahaha consider it yours

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Your mean.

Jeff,

LOL!!!! If you hadn't quoted him I wouldn't have seen what he posted. Tell "Bart" I'd gladly love him to insult me in person, because them I could kick his azz and he'd finally shut up, which would be a great favor to everyone.

Now, just so others here know I'm not talking out of my azz.

I retired a Major because I was medically grounded for two years during the mid poinr of my career and was almost medcially retired. I fought back and managed to remain for a total of 24 years. While the medical grounding wasn't itself held against me, it did prevent me from holding key jobs that I needed at the time to be competitive for higher rank. However, any military officer will tell you that rank is NOT the most important indicator of one's acheievments. In fact, those whose only goal was promotion are not thought of very highly.

As it was, I rose to the absolute top of my profession. I finished my flying career as an evaluator who determined if the instructor pilots who trained new instructors were qualified to teach these new instructors. Further, I served three during deployments in the Middle East. There are young troops walking around today because of what I personally accomplished while I was deployed.

To top it all off, the company I'm now working for created a position for me just to get me in the company and I am on a track to bigger and better things. That just goes to show things like my Cum Laude undergraduate degree, ROTC Distinguished Grad, Honor Society membership, Who's Who recognition, and 4.0 MBA were indeed indicators of my potential.

Now, NONE of that makes me an expert in anything or means I am better than anyone else. MANY on the Campfire have far exceeded anything I have done. However, it does mean "Bart" is STILL full of schitt.....................

Hell I am just impressed by the fact that you got to drive a C-130.......paperwork don't mean chit to me.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick around Patrick.
The good outnumbers the bad.
Besides, the good guys are fighting back lately. In the past alot of guys went out of theyre way to kiss a$$ to the little a-hole.

Page 2 of 67 1 2 3 4 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.