Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sgt217
3 times is about twenty less than he has brought it up....

And probably threw in a comment about his iPhone at least 5 times... He manages to squeeze that thing into about other post...

Travis

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I wonder how the OP feels about the place now? laugh

heheh It's like an old gun dealer told me about a well-known gun dealer that we both had little use for...

"Aww, he's all right, he just goes outside and steps in manure and then comes in the house and walks around."

I've pondered that thought for a number of years. It has meaning on a lot of different levels, many of them directly applicable here at this site and on this thread. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Wow. You guys need to hush up, right now. Your words are causing damage to not only each other, you're also making the Campfire miserable for everybody else. PLEASE STOP!

If it makes you "miserable" then I have a solution for you, DON'T LOOK !!!

DUH............

PS
In case you haven't noticed, real men do stuff like this when they feel like they have been offended in some way .............while the ladies stand off on the sidelines screaming "PLEASE STOP!".

Your mothers would be proud! Fine behavior from supposedly grown men. A person cannot help but look, it's like seeing a train wreck. The carnage is awful, but the spectacle of it all is drawing. And I must disagree, "real men" do NOT act in such a fashion.

I really like the 24Hour Campfire board. I don't get to hunt all over the world, will never make it to Alaska or Africa or even Wyoming and places like that right here in the lower 48. But I get to read about it, from guys that most of the time are very civil and happy to be here. I find out about things I would never see without places like this. This fight is like seeing your childhood heroes fall apart before your eyes and turn into something lesser. Somebody needs to break up this brawl before it turns into a riot. Probably not too many of ya'll give a darn what some forum unknown Southern hillbilly guy thinks, but trust me, the attitudes coming from these brawls of words do spill over into the rest of the board. I'm not sure how this turned into a battle of Steelhead vs Blaine, but turning it into a riot will never help anything. Don't put out the Campfire. Or throw each other into one.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
The family comment was totally out of line.....and I've been pretty nasty before, but never. Degrees of low.

"Fighting back" and using a traumatic family loss is pure bullchit.

I don't care how many little prick/phag/dumbchit/Christian zealot douchebag comments get flung your way....

Note who has the vaginal warmer....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Im with you hillbilly Phillip. Lot of people here with some serious issues.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blaine
Found a little more time tonight.

THE most important relationship a person has is with his/her Creator. This is above job, friends, and even family. It is THE most important thing, period.

Steelhead has REPEATEDLY disaparaged that relationship for me and many others. In fact, THAT is what started all this tonight.

However, it seems that for many, Steelie attacking my personal faith is acceptable, but me hitting the [bleep] back is not? I'm throwing the bullschitt flag!! I have turned the other cheek so many times with Steelhead and others I can't even count them anymore. Even the Bible does not require a person put up with limitless crap.

Several of you here--and you know who you are--are the most ignorant hypocrites I have ever seen. You are the same kind of people that would a put a man in jail who kills a criminal who is attacking him in his home. Probably because you chose to look the other way when the criminal was doing his thing becasue you thought he was witty, or clever, or whatever.

If others of you had had the balls to stand up against direspectful and and belittling behavior, instead of looking the other way, then all this could have been stopped before it ever started.

So don't whine to me about crossing any lines when you allowed, even encouraged, Steelie and others to do so on a routine basis.

lol Blaine, attacking me when I've said nothing directly to you is why very few here will take your part. If there's anybody whining it's you. Nearly everybody here knows that S Head is a dickweasel. He has attacked lots of people's faith and is probably the reason why Penny and Barak post so little here anymore. Now I've never met you, but there is ample evidence that you are a grown man and can fight your own battles. I don't like Scott, but I do like some of his friends, and as I recall, you yourself have pulled no punches with me before, so why, pray tell, should I come to your defense? This isn't a ball size contest as much as a couple of boys comparing Johnson's. Some of us know it is what it is and just prefer to find our fun where we can, hence our perusal of this trainwreck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nemesis
Wow. You guys need to hush up, right now. Your words are causing damage to not only each other, you're also making the Campfire miserable for everybody else. PLEASE STOP!

If it makes you "miserable" then I have a solution for you, DON'T LOOK !!!

DUH............

PS
In case you haven't noticed, real men do stuff like this when they feel like they have been offended in some way .............while the ladies stand off on the sidelines screaming "PLEASE STOP!".

Your mothers would be proud! Fine behavior from supposedly grown men. A person cannot help but look, it's like seeing a train wreck. The carnage is awful, but the spectacle of it all is drawing. And I must disagree, "real men" do NOT act in such a fashion.

I really like the 24Hour Campfire board. I don't get to hunt all over the world, will never make it to Alaska or Africa or even Wyoming and places like that right here in the lower 48. But I get to read about it, from guys that most of the time are very civil and happy to be here. I find out about things I would never see without places like this. This fight is like seeing your childhood heroes fall apart before your eyes and turn into something lesser. Somebody needs to break up this brawl before it turns into a riot. Probably not too many of ya'll give a darn what some forum unknown Southern hillbilly guy thinks, but trust me, the attitudes coming from these brawls of words do spill over into the rest of the board. I'm not sure how this turned into a battle of Steelhead vs Blaine, but turning it into a riot will never help anything. Don't put out the Campfire. Or throw each other into one.

It's been pretty cool here already. Wet too. Just cabin fever starting a lil bit early.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet Louise.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "snakes on a plane" thread has some potential.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's really a question of site mentality here. I think Rick has done a good job with this site. Sure, it gets a bit out of hand at times, but then again this is just the internet. We all have differences in opinions. If we didn't we would be mindless machines. When I first joined here I did sometimes worry when I posted something because no matter what it was always the same group of members who felt the need to ruin every thread I posted in hopes it would drive me away or whatever reason. The way I see it, unless you insult me to my face instead of hiding behind a monitor, your insults and thread hijacking mean NOTHING to me. We all share pretty much the same interests in the Second Amendment and the outdoors in general. That's good enough for me. When you are dealing with large online communities, you have to expect a few pendejos to show up every now and then. It's best to just ignore them and they will move along.

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Maser
It's really a question of site mentality here. I think Rick has done a good job with this site. Sure, it gets a bit out of hand at times, but then again this is just the internet. We all have differences in opinions. If we didn't we would be mindless machines. When I first joined here I did sometimes worry when I posted something because no matter what it was always the same group of members who felt the need to ruin every thread I posted in hopes it would drive me away or whatever reason. The way I see it, unless you insult me to my face instead of hiding behind a monitor, your insults and thread hijacking mean NOTHING to me. We all share pretty much the same interests in the Second Amendment and the outdoors in general. That's good enough for me. When you are dealing with large online communities, you have to expect a few pendejos to show up every now and then. It's best to just ignore them and they will move along.

I don't think I could have made it through my busy work day without this very insightful post...
Go hide in the closet...Again...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh oh, Maser, you might just find yourself sucked into this thread, I am sure there will be other comments now. shocked

I tried to warn him, but I was too late.
Run Maser, they will add you too. whistle

Last edited by Partsman; 10/28/09. Reason: Too late with warning.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slg888
[Linked Image]

That's more like it! grinI ain't saying nuttin' bad about anybody, don't know any of the fussing parties personally, I just hate to see a couple of guys rolling around the schoolyard with their "friends" circling them yelling fight fight fight. It was fun when we were 15, but now it gets to be too serious.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I wouldn't want to be a member of any internet forum that would have somebody like me as a member!
Groucho Marx

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As soon as so called "Christians" like blaine learn to laugh more at comments like prayers sent by a guy like Scott and just ignore stuff that pisses em off the sooner they'll be farther ahead. Course it seems blaine might just be an azzhole and for that there is no cure. I consider my self a Christian and can't fathom getting pissed off enough by somebodys comments especially online to bring a murdered relative in the mix.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
As soon as so called "Christians" like blaine learn to laugh more at comments like prayers sent by a guy like Scott and just ignore stuff that pisses em off the sooner they'll be farther ahead. Course it seems blaine might just be an azzhole and for that there is no cure. I consider my self a Christian and can't fathom getting pissed off enough by somebodys comments especially online to bring a murdered relative in the mix.

Yep, some things there is no defending.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

THE most important relationship a person has is with his/her Creator. This is above job, friends, and even family. It is THE most important thing, period.

Steelhead has REPEATEDLY disaparaged that relationship for me and many others. In fact, THAT is what started all this tonight.

However, it seems that for many, Steelie attacking my personal faith is acceptable, but me hitting the [bleep] back is not? I'm throwing the bullschitt flag!! I have turned the other cheek so many times with Steelhead and others I can't even count them anymore. Even the Bible does not require a person put up with limitless crap.

Several of you here--and you know who you are--are the most ignorant hypocrites I have ever seen. You are the same kind of people that would a put a man in jail who kills a criminal who is attacking him in his home. Probably because you chose to look the other way when the criminal was doing his thing becasue you thought he was witty, or clever, or whatever.

If others of you had had the balls to stand up against direspectful and and belittling behavior, instead of looking the other way, then all this could have been stopped before it ever started.

So don't whine to me about crossing any lines when you allowed, even encouraged, Steelie and others to do so on a routine basis.

lol Blaine, attacking me when I've said nothing directly to you is why very few here will take your part. If there's anybody whining it's you. Nearly everybody here knows that S Head is a dickweasel. He has attacked lots of people's faith and is probably the reason why Penny and Barak post so little here anymore. Now I've never met you, but there is ample evidence that you are a grown man and can fight your own battles. I don't like Scott, but I do like some of his friends, and as I recall, you yourself have pulled no punches with me before, so why, pray tell, should I come to your defense? This isn't a ball size contest as much as a couple of boys comparing Johnson's. Some of us know it is what it is and just prefer to find our fun where we can, hence our perusal of this trainwreck.

And this puzzles me. Everyone who meets Scott in person has nothing but nice things to say about him, and insist when you meet him in person he is a really nice guy..so then why such a prick here?

If any of you ever have this misfortune of having to spend a day with this Californian, you will get the same exact person you get here on this forum, I believe that is true of many here at this forum, then why is it that some take on an alter-ego and write crap to people they would never say to them in person, I'm not getting the mentality.

Steelhead and I don't care for each other, fact is I was glad when he stormed off a while back, but to my chagrin the audience wasn't big enough where he went, and he came back, he just can get, or doesn't care, that many people don't enjoy what he thinks to be funny and cute. Now I'm back to reading his nightly assaults on good folk for his own pleasure.

All that being said Blaine stepped over the line last night, Blaine does not make a habit of attacking people, insulting people, or or being rude, but usually reacts (as do I) to rudeness directed at him. I don't know if this was a tact on his part, as he indicates, or if he got too riled up and used poor judgment, bottom line however I don't think even Scott would have gone where Blaine did. The whole damned bullchit ordeal a sad episode. I hope Blaine rethinks the tact he decided on, or cools off and realizes he was wrong to go there.

Sorry folks, wanted to get that off my chest, went to bed last night shaking my head at the whole damned mess, and I don't know why, hell I don't really know any of ya..

OK, I'm climbing down off my high horse, hope I don't fall on my ass.

Last edited by Barkoff; 10/28/09.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

And this puzzles me. Everyone who meets Scott in person has nothing but nice things to say about him, and insist when you meet him in person he is a really nice guy..so then why such a prick here?

If any of you ever have this misfortune of having to spend a day with this Californian, you will get the same exact person you get here on this forum, I believe that is true of many here at this forum, then why is it that some take on an alter-ego and write crap to people they would never say to them in person, I'm not getting the mentality.

Steelhead and I don't care for each other, fact is I was glad when he stormed off a while back, but to my chagrin the audience wasn't big enough where he went, and he came back, he just can get, or doesn't care, that many people don't enjoy what he thinks to be funny and cute. Now I'm back to reading his nightly assaults on good folk for his own pleasure.

All that being said Brad stepped over the line last night, Brad does not make a habit of attacking people, insulting people, or or being rude, but usually reacts (as do I) to rudeness directed at him. I don't know if this was a tact on his part, as he indicates, or if he got too riled up and used poor judgment, bottom line however I don't think even Scott would have gone where Brad did. The whole damned bullchit ordeal a sad episode. I hope Brad rethinks the tact he decided on, or cools off and realizes he was wrong to go there.

Sorry folks, wanted to get that off my chest, went to bed last night shaking my head at the whole damned mess, and I don't know why, hell I don't really know any of ya..

OK, I'm climbing down off my high horse, hope I don't fall on my ass.

Brad? Where'd he come into this mix?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, my mistake, I'll get right on that.

Got off the phone with a Brad about five minutes before I spewed that out.

Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,155 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,524
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.