Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just sent $20

We're willing to help but we just want to make sure the cause is legitimate. I can tell there's a sense of urgency here. Just realize it came across as a bit suspicious.

Good luck and best wishes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1andonlypost
my name is Emerson Gates.I live in Trinadad Co.It won't be hard to find me.If one of you gutless gasbags want to stop by for a chat,feel free to stop by

Hell, I'd rather send you money than stop by for a chat, and I ain't sending money.
You sound a bit unbalanced.
You always have your little fits when folks don't swamp you with money just caused you asked?
If Speedy hangs with you, I gotta doubt the "stand up guy" bit

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my name is Emerson Gates.I live in Trinadad Co.It won't be hard to find me.If one of you gutless gasbags want to stop by for a chat,feel free to stop by

If you truly want to help your friend, shut your [bleep] mouth or stick to the topic. I just sent money once I learned the fella was legit and I'm sure others will to unless you let your emotions get the best of you.

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Emerson and Speedy--

Sorry you got a rough welcome here. I have done some internet business with Speedy over the years, just buying some small parts. He, his shooting, and his guns are extremely well known in BR circles.

But these days on the internet we do have to have some caution in the face of unsolicited requests for donations. If we didn't we would all be Nigerian millionaires by now.

I wish your student all the best.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sending a grocery card. I have no issues with that. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE should be allowed food. I buy several hundred dollars worth of of grocery cards every year just for this sort of thing.

Anyone hungry and unable to afford groceries then just PM me. If you're ripping me off then it's your conscious that will suffer. Not mine.

I picked up this strong belief to feed the hungry from my Dad. Several years ago he brought home 12 people during the holidays who heard his morning radio show and his offer to feed those who were hungry. I'm glad he instilled this quality on me.

Merry Christmas,

David Lee

Last edited by byc; 12/08/09.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Stefan,
A deer camp and the internet are very different.Some one walks out of the woods and it is time to get a little itchy.Someone hits your website and asks for money you can backcheck,find out some info before you spout off.The reason for the outrage is this.Speedy is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet.In his defense,He thought he was reaching out to a "close knit group of fire arms enthusists" he was wrong and regrets having done so.
Terry may not see another Christmas and thoose of us who know him are very disturbed.
Did you know any of this? No.Did any of you bother check to see if any of this was legit? No. It is far easier to be a bitter little man in you basement than to do a little research and maybe help a man.

E.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have news for you S.O.B.s I am good friends with both Speedy and Terry.The two of them have not only taught me how to be a better gunsmith,but how to be a better man.As my man Speedy says " no good deed goes unpunished.You boys keep your damn money.We will take care of our own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know if I was asking for help I would not offend everyone on the website by being abrasive. This is a pretty close knit group and most are willing to help a person in need. But you have to admit coming to a forum without anyone knowing you or vouching for you then asking for donations is a bit suspicious. I beleive sir you need to change your attitude and approach.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stefan,
A deer camp and the internet are very different.Some one walks out of the woods and it is time to get a little itchy.Someone hits your website and asks for money you can backcheck,find out some info before you spout off.The reason for the outrage is this.Speedy is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet.In his defense,He thought he was reaching out to a "close knit group of fire arms enthusists" he was wrong and regrets having done so.
Terry may not see another Christmas and thoose of us who know him are very disturbed.
Did you know any of this? No.Did any of you bother check to see if any of this was legit? No. It is far easier to be a bitter little man in you basement than to do a little research and maybe help a man.

E.

You need to change your board name to 4andonly and stick with it.

not to worry,i will not be back

S
SGY Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Whoooaaaaaa Boys!
This was never meant to escalate into WW III, this was about my student Terry. Looking back I can see that folks would be skeptical to donate to someone they had no clue to who they are. After I posted on the two web sites 6MMgr.com & benchrest.com (Where I am known a little better) I received an email from one of the regulars who posts here on 24 Hour and urdged me to make a post here because of the kind of people that are on this site and their genuine concern for the shooting community. I did without thinking and now we have slid down hill and reason for the post "TERRY & his two girls" has faded into the shadow's.
I thank those from this site with all my heart who took the chance on being scammed and made a charitble dontaion to my student Terry.
Let's just let this thread die out and go onto something else fighting amongst ourselves is what those who wish to take our firearms away love to see. We must stay united in that cause or in the future we will be writing about the good old days when we used to have guns.

May God bless you all & Merry Christmas,
Speedy Gonzalez
Trindad State Junior College
speedy.godzillamsn.com
speedy.gonzaleztrinidadstate.edu
719-846-5578

Last edited by SGY; 12/08/09.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If I were Speedy or Tony, I'd be racing my way to your place to smack you upside the head. No matter how good your intentions, you're screwing it up for a man that could use some help in short order. You might want to think about that next time you feel like insulting everyone in the room.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SGY
Whoooaaaaaa Boys!
This was never meant to escalate into WW III, this was about my student Terry. Looking back I can see that folks would be skeptical to donate to someone they had no clue to who they are. After I posted on the two web sites 6MMgr.com & benchrest.com (Where I am known a little better) I received an email from one of the regulars who posts here on 24 Hour and urdged me to make a post here because of the kind of people that that are on this site. I did without thinking and now we have slid down hill and reason for the post "TERRY & his two girls" has faded into the shadow's.
I thank those from this site with all my heart who took the chance on being scammed and made a charitble dontaion to my student Terry.
Lets just let this thread die out and go onto something else fighting amongst ourselves is what those who wish to take our firearms away love to see. We must stay united in that cause or in the future we will be writing about the good old days when we used to have guns.

Speedy Gonzalez
speedy.godzillamsn.com
719-846-5578

Donation on the way.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rrroae

If I were Speedy or Tony, I'd be racing my way to your place to smack you upside the head. No matter how good your intentions, you're screwing it up for a man that could use some help in short order. You might want to think about that next time you feel like insulting everyone in the room.

Plus 1 on that.
I read the original post right after it appeared. I could have made the first response waving the BS flag but I left it alone until the big mouth came in pissing on us.

S
SGY Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Whoooaaaaaa Boys!
This was never meant to escalate into WW III, this was about my student Terry. Looking back I can see that folks would be skeptical to donate to someone they had no clue to who they are. After I posted on the two web sites 6MMgr.com & benchrest.com (Where I am known a little better) I received an email from one of the regulars who posts here on 24 Hour and urdged me to make a post here because of the kind of people that are on this site and their genuine concern for the shooting community. I did without thinking and now we have slid down hill and reason for the post "TERRY & his two girls" has faded into the shadow's.
Let's just let this thread die out and go onto something else fighting amongst ourselves is what those who wish to take our firearms away love to see. We must stay united in that cause or in the future we will be writing about the good old days when we used to have guns.

Speedy Gonzalez
speedy.godzillamsn.com
719-846-5578

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, he got under my skin but that didn't keep me from sending some money to help a family on what might be their last Christmas together. Can't imagine if that was happening to me or someone I know.

S
SGY Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks brother!

Speedy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Speedy,
Small donation sent.

Merry Christmas.
Bob

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Ken Howell can vouch for Speedy. Man is spending his own time helping out a good guy in an impossible situation. Terry built a rifle for a friend of mine as a project and it is perfect.

What Speedy also did was to invite all of his students who were not going home for Thanksgiving over to his house for dinner. Keep this in mind when you are judging him.

S
SGY Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You da man boss. I'll take anything for Terry.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Speedy, sorry everyone has come across so harsh, I have heard of you and know you are legit. It is a great thing you are doing for this young man, I hope and pray all turns out well for him and his family. Really hope we didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, would love for you to post here a bit more. Folks here will try to pick yer brain dry. Sincerely, Les Green

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,418 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,875
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.