Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
rrroae,

My response wasn't directed at you. I just did a quick reply.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What Dgal has to realize is that a man is not her girlfriend, he thinks and acts like a man. He is not going to be the one to sit and "feel" with you, to share your pain. He is the one that will try to fix the problem. If that problem is insurmountable to him, or if she resists him trying to fix it, or adds to the problem, he will feel defeated.

She States:

I've said some really mean things to him that I didn't mean..

We men don't see that like women. We don't count that you may just be acting out of emotion, because we control our emotions. The fact is, to us, you said it so you ment it. Such a thing would not come out in an emotional moment if it wasn't lingering in there anyway.

Then there is the emotional baggage. As I said in a previous post, men like a strong woman. The fact is that if you ask someone to carry your baggage, he will get tired of the weight. Deal with your own emotions and be strong.

Men have the challenge of controlling their sexuality. In order to be good husbands and boyfriends they have to choose fidelity, even though it is not natural to them. Women's challenge is to control their emotions. To run them through a filter of logic and reason before expressing them. And no, PMS is not a gull dern excuse!! Any more than, "she was super hot and I was drunk" is an excuse.

Maybe Dgal should read this book before pursuing another relationship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=0060520612

I glanced through a copy once and it seems to hit men on the head.

Two things to the point, especially the first one:

4. Not Every Thought and Feeling Needs to be Said. Women tend to be so verbal, so expressive, that they can tire out men easily unless they exercise some restraint. Dr. Laura reports that wives generally overwhelm their husbands with communication. "Husbands imagine (so foolishly) that their wives are telling them something they actually need to know because they're supposed to do something about it. Otherwise, men can't imagine why the 'communication' is happening at all. It confuses them, frustrates them, and their response is to turn off. That's when they unfairly become labeled insensitive." Husbands and fiances are not girlfriends or psychologists, and women who want attention should adjust their communication style accordingly when speaking with them.

5. Men Are Not Mind-Readers. Most men are not very intuitive compared to most women. Many women "get caught up in the absurdly romanticized notion that 'if he loved me, he'd just know what I'm thinking, what I'd like, what he should say.'" If a woman wants her man to do something, she should just ask him plainly, without nagging, and show appreciation when he does it. To act otherwise, as many women do, shows arrogance and lack of respect for the husband's difference, and it leads to unhappiness in the marriage and in the family.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I'm not falling for that one again. I'll need proof to believe.

Bullchit.....you believe in fairies....but yet find it hard to believe that a person could be hurting from relationship woes?........figgers.

he is a fairy.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yep

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dgal,

Your just starting out. The road can be rough sometimes. Think ahead. Lot's of good times and good memories to be had.

You get thru this and it will make you stronger and a little wiser.

Best of luck and hang in there.

JM.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
This was/is for real & I'm glad to hear dgal is doing better.

Don't be a stranger dgal.

There is plenty of bench room around this fire.

Something clever here.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hang in there. We've all gone through this at one time or another and survived.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
LMAO! I bought that book a long time ago and although it has 'some' useful info, most of it is a load of SH*T and makes men out to be a bunch of idiots. (I know you all are smarter than that ;o) To DGAL~ go talk to somebody, this site is free and that doesn't mean everyone on it is a licensed DR. able to help you in the best way. I am sure if your family knew how you felt they would be more than willing to help you find someone to talk to.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ranger1
If I ever do anything as pathetic as the original post somebody please come up here and kick the [bleep] out of me. If that is for real the last place she oughta be is on the internet asking for advise - I'd say a 72 hour hold in a psych ward bare minimum. Christ, quit whining - there're folks in the world with REAL problems.

Can't be said any better than that.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
proof that some thoughts are definately better left unspoken.....

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dgal: Sounds like a bummer day, but please dispose of those original thoughts.

When things get tough I go back to 2 thoughts.... First, one can always hang on for another five minutes. Second, I could loose absolutely everthing and start over. I'm smart, I am somebody, and there are things I can do.

Now two suggestions... Join and become very active in a church (any church). Visit a community councilor or pastor and talk this out with someone.

This is an especially tough time of year. Those folks that you worry about hurting obviously mean something to you. Get in touch with them too.

Lastly, we are a rather faceless bunch here, but there are many that care, and some professionals that can likely offer up some sound and substantial advice.

Do stay on board here, and let us know how things are going.

Good luck, 1Minute

PS If you don't have one, get down to a shelter and get a puppy. It will always love you regardless of the day.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/17/09.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
proof that some thoughts are definately better left unspoken.....

Agreed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No amount of online coddling will help the girl. She broke up with a guy she felt strongly about, that sucks. She's still better off than the guys coming home from the middle east missing limbs or a 33 year old friend of mine who lost her husband on Monday and now has 2 kids to raise without their father. Life can be rough, if a relationship ending brings you to the brink of taking your own life you need to get some professional help.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is amazing how utterly callous and clueless people can be. Fortunately, I haven't been in the position that Dgal found herself, but I would hope that I would have a solid support system that I could turn to in a moment of need.

She did get help from professionals and that is what they are there for. She also turned to others that she considered a loose form of family. Basically, she did what I think I would have done is to call in all my markers at once if I was near the end.

Being harsh and critical of someone doing all that they can in a time of extreme need is beyond my comprehension.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I once opened my heart and gave my all to a love named Jessica. Now my heart is cold and black, unable to open and allow anyone in ever again.

My Jess ruined me, I will never love another.

Thanks a lot JANE!

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by crosshair
What Dgal has to realize is that a man is not her girlfriend, he thinks and acts like a man. He is not going to be the one to sit and "feel" with you, to share your pain. He is the one that will try to fix the problem. If that problem is insurmountable to him, or if she resists him trying to fix it, or adds to the problem, he will feel defeated.

She States:

I've said some really mean things to him that I didn't mean..

We men don't see that like women. We don't count that you may just be acting out of emotion, because we control our emotions. The fact is, to us, you said it so you ment it. Such a thing would not come out in an emotional moment if it wasn't lingering in there anyway.

Then there is the emotional baggage. As I said in a previous post, men like a strong woman. The fact is that if you ask someone to carry your baggage, he will get tired of the weight. Deal with your own emotions and be strong.

Men have the challenge of controlling their sexuality. In order to be good husbands and boyfriends they have to choose fidelity, even though it is not natural to them. Women's challenge is to control their emotions. To run them through a filter of logic and reason before expressing them. And no, PMS is not a gull dern excuse!! Any more than, "she was super hot and I was drunk" is an excuse.

Maybe Dgal should read this book before pursuing another relationship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?a=0060520612

I glanced through a copy once and it seems to hit men on the head.

Two things to the point, especially the first one:

4. Not Every Thought and Feeling Needs to be Said. Women tend to be so verbal, so expressive, that they can tire out men easily unless they exercise some restraint. Dr. Laura reports that wives generally overwhelm their husbands with communication. "Husbands imagine (so foolishly) that their wives are telling them something they actually need to know because they're supposed to do something about it. Otherwise, men can't imagine why the 'communication' is happening at all. It confuses them, frustrates them, and their response is to turn off. That's when they unfairly become labeled insensitive." Husbands and fiances are not girlfriends or psychologists, and women who want attention should adjust their communication style accordingly when speaking with them.

5. Men Are Not Mind-Readers. Most men are not very intuitive compared to most women. Many women "get caught up in the absurdly romanticized notion that 'if he loved me, he'd just know what I'm thinking, what I'd like, what he should say.'" If a woman wants her man to do something, she should just ask him plainly, without nagging, and show appreciation when he does it. To act otherwise, as many women do, shows arrogance and lack of respect for the husband's difference, and it leads to unhappiness in the marriage and in the family.

Best advice yet.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You guys sound like Dr. Phil. And I'd like to kick Dr. Phil in the pelvis. (that's the bone structure that my foot would connect with if I kicked him hard enough in the nuts)

This is someon's daughter we are talking about and I'm ok with the fact that she trusted this group with her problem.

I'd also like to note that amongst those that manned up & took the chance that this might be for real... were a couple of our resident black sheep. Such as steely & bart.

These are the same kind of guys that can take an occasional beating from someone swinging a bible.

Moments of truth.

The cream always rises to the top.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are the blacksheep? Hell, I thought everybody else was and they were the normal ones.

They both have the kind of good that counts for something. You too Dave.

JM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
You guys sound like Dr. Phil. And I'd like to kick Dr. Phil in the pelvis. (that's the bone structure that my foot would connect with if I kicked him hard enough in the nuts)

This is someon's daughter we are talking about and I'm ok with the fact that she trusted this group with her problem.

I'd also like to note that amongst those that manned up & took the chance that this might be for real... were a couple of our resident black sheep. Such as steely & bart.

These are the same kind of guys that can take an occasional beating from someone swinging a bible.

Moments of truth.

The cream always rises to the top.

Well spoken, Sir,

+1

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I'm not going to comment on the sad state of society when someone has to confide their interpersonal issues with complete strangers.

Some say the anonymity is therapeutic.

But everything is not always flowers and butterflies, and even the most sincere of emotions will seem phony to others that have not experienced similar, or are wired different.

I'm certain that the number of phooey responses would be lower if she was a trusted or verified individual.

In that absence, everyone sees her as they are conditioned.

If she's really got a problem, she can take solace in the diversity of the comments. Serious to some, not so to others, BS to others.

Just goes to show, its "just a thing" and NOT the end of the world.

Hell, if everyone got all mushy, than it may seem like she really does have a life altering event.

Life, at it's finest....

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (358WCF, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 63 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.