Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wow. People have asked why someone would make a post like this. It's fairly obvious--whiskeyman sees that Ken Howell has something that he (whiskeyman) will never have, and it bothers him.

Whiskeyman doesn't understand that people want to reach out not because of some need to, but regardless of the need to.

Whiskeyan knows that in the same situation, he may not fare so well, and he's envious.

As far as his signature line, whiskeyman doesn't anger me; the most I can muster is pity.

But it's pretty clear that he angers himself. And that's a shame.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You know guys, we gave this moron what he wanted. Time to let this thread die and spiral into the black hole of dead threads.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by crosshair
You know guys, we gave this moron what he wanted..
'Moron' is way too kind...

Complete dickhead comes closer.. But you're right, overall..

I'm outta here..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Won't bother Ken a bit if he reads the original post and others by the original poster. Only thing that would trouble Ken is the responses to it. He knows what happens inside a person when he responds with anger and resentment. His thoughts would be about his friends and their continued good health and good fortune. If he could, he'd get on here and tell you all to relax, hold no ill willl and that it don't mean [bleep].

You see, Ken is a very selfless man. He learned it from the Lord. The Bible doesn't instruct us to not do certain things because God doesn't like us doing them, it's because He knows the wages we'll receive for the doing. He doesn't want to see us endure the suffering. His instructions to not do the sin are for our benefit, not His. He's thinking solely of us. There are no thoughts of Himself involved. He only wants what's best for us. And that's exactly the way Ken would view this thread.

For years I read Ken's writings on here and elsewhere. Sought out his words, even. I always enjoyed his writing style, his wit, his charm, his steadfast stoicism, and his undying dedication to the people in his life and especially to the Lord Himself. I loved reading his stories of hunting and other outdoor excursions. I loved reading his teachings on the Bible and the word studies. I grew to love the man behind the stories and lessons. Got to know him through private conversations and emails, which just made it all the more. I wept when I read of his wife's passing. It tore his heart out. I felt the same way when posters on here did all they could to tear his heart out. Some of the crudest stuff I've ever read. They showed their character... and so did Ken. He stood much taller in every way. But he had made that a lifestyle long before. A fine man, through and through. Though a few have equalled that, a finer one I've never met.

I'd love to meet him in person. But a thousand miles between is a large barrier to that, so I've always had to settle for what was available.

Those of you saying Ken is nearing the end, know this. He'll disagree. He's only at the end of the beginning of life, the first leg of the race, the first short stretch, is nearly past him and he knows what awaits. Be not troubled. He's not. When he's ready he'll go. And I'll look foreward to seeing him on the other side.

Don't be bothered by WM. Ken isn't. And you know as well as I do he'd rather see you stand up strait.

Very well stated. This posters opinion, and request ( not sincere) for others to explain to him the reason Ken is held in such high regard by many here, is wrong on so many levels it makes one ponder this person's obvious shortcomings, and realizing that to understand his words or motive are no more important for us than someone on the same level as charles manson, Sadam Heusein, or any other dilusional individual. If that came across wrong, my point is these are words from a lunatic, and should be thrown to the curb like any other piece of trash on collection day.

Ken, from my readings here, is a well spoken, literary type who writes replies in eloquent statements harkening to writings of a very educated, not easily disturbed by drivel man, and as stated above quite possibly is amused at the most that this poster took the time to write a POS with Ken as the man on the pedestal the poster aims at knocking down to his level.

Above that, I hope Ken is well, and enters his new journey when and how he chooses. No other option is deserved of Ken.

God bless, even the fools......

Allen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, I came late to this party.

WM,

Did you ever pause to think that maybe some around here just want to help and comfort a friend? Empathy and compassion are admirable human traits. You should try them occasionally.

To All Of Ken's Friends,

Ken likes a good fight. Maybe he'll get a chuckle out of this. We cross swords at one point and emerged buddies.

God Bless you Ken!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan

A man who needs financial and other assistance from forum hounds while his kids won't help doesn't strike me as a great, successful, famous gunwriter or father. Lots of people in this world since the beginning of time have made dang poor shallow choices in their heroes.

WhiskeyMan,

How about just letting it go? The man has been horribly sick for years and that will deplete funds so fast these days of exhorbitant medical costs. Perhaps he didn't chase money or hold it in such high regard as so many do-in error I might add.

His kids may be the very independent, adventuresome type and he brought them up that way. The do live a long way away, he's had too many medical emergencies, 100's, for them to race from far away to his side each time w/o losing their careers and surely he would not want that. It happens and I wouldn't want mine to do that.

You don't know how his kids feel or what they've done.

let's just let it go now,

One day you could unfortunately find yourself in the same plight. Horrible things happen to people sometimes. We can't be his judge.
Some people-many-decided to help. Let them do so in peace and it's their decision and their conscience.

slasher

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WHAT AN ASSBITE!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I do not know Ken Howell, I have read some of his posts. Custom cartridges are not my thing, but some other people are interested in it, and the fact the he knows enough about it to write a book about it with a 500.00 price tag on it says a lot to me.
I sat for about eight years and watched both of my parents die in the nursing home, and seen first hand what it does to a person to feel that they are only a shadow of their former self, and don't feel useful any more, and have to depend on other to do all the personal and private things for them that they don't want anyone else to do for them. It's humiliating.
Like I said I have read some of his posts, and I can't recall him ever posting anything that would offend anyone including you Whiskey Man.
I don't know what the situation with his children is, and it is not my business and you should not make it yours either, it is a private matter between him and them.
When a person gets to the place in life that Ken Howell has reached weather you think he is really what his built up to be or not shouldn't be addressed on a public forum, even if he is not he doesn't deserve this kind of bashing, and should be allowed to have all of the dignity that is possible to have in his present condition.
Like i said I don't know Ken Howell, but My heart goes out to him, and I wish him the very best life can offer him at this time, and hope that if he has unresolved problems with family or friends he can make peace with them.
I fail to understand the motivation behind a post like this one kicking a man while he is down, but I guess it takes all kinds of people to make up the world, but it is too bad we have to have these kind of people.
I don't post much on this forum, but I had to put my two cents in on this one.
Dr. Howell, if you are reading this out there , I wish you well, and may God be with you.
Whiskey Man if you
are out there reading this , Why don't you do something more worthwhile like stepping on a bunch of baby chickens.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't know WhiskeyMan from Adam. The sumbitch could be 6'10" and 350 lbs. for all I know. But he's demonstrated here that no matter his physical stature, he's a small man, a very, very small man.

Weiners are health food - My dad
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*ahem*

You're giving him what he craves when you insult him.

Yes,...there's people who really *are* that sick,...believe it.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Five therads about Ken Howell on the first page alone?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career. His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speaks of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

So, for those of you who promote him as a fallen hero and somehow deserves better than where he has ended up........I don't get it. The level of greatness that you have portrayed in this man would not have left him in this destitute situation at the end of his life in a small house in Quemado.

I really don't think this was necessary.....cripes, the things people will say when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.....unbelievable.

You know WhiskeyMan, you'd likely get along better if you restricted your statements on here to things you would not be afraid to say to some one's face.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think WM has got it.

KRP, they say you can measure someone by the company they keep, I think you Kent are in the same category of character as Mr. Howell, just as I am sure most all the other fine folks here.

John Moses, and ArcherHunter, well said, as all the other posts.

The posts reveal the inside hearts of the fine people here which is why I have been on this board so much. Others boards have fine people as well, some not so much, but the majority of folks here on the fire are fine people.

Gang, don't let some person with their own demons bring you to his level. Just pray for him to change, in between your prayers for Ken.

Let's all do the right thing and let this go, as Ken would want. As someone above posted I am not angry either, but merely hold pity for the OP. Maybe he had a bad night w/too much booze.

I am sorry this situation ever happened and hope Ken never reads/read any of it.

As to the OP, I think the best thing I could hope for you is to pray for yourself, find something inside that allows you to make a sincere apology to Ken Howell on this thread, but only if you mean it by coming to terms with yourself, after much reflection having read much feedback. Be honest with yourself and look at your own faults and stop judging others, lest you be. If you can do that, we are making progress sir, until then you are in my prayers as Ken is and his family.

All have a wonderful day and weekend, and that especially goes to Ken Howell.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
WM
You are a useless POS troll.

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by EWY
WM
You are a useless POS troll.

Yep. One who is proud to have his clearly trollish post racking up pages of retorts...

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ya know something? Say what you want about Whiskeyman. However, I have to say that I am impressed. His is absolutely the king topper of all the goofy starter posts I've seen around here or anywhere else for that matter. It makes me proud to be a Christian and an American that we can suffer a guy like this among us and that he has survived to adulthood is a testament to Western Civilization's compassion and tolerance.

You gotta a guy, Ken, who is obviously beloved and revered. He is obviously considered a personal treasure to a good number of people-- me included. He's in a bad way. It takes a certain wantonness to come into that sort of situation and lay a turd of that size and fetidness into the collective punchbowl. I'm sure Whiskeyman did it with complete malice aforethought too. This is no accidental gaff. This is a huge social #2. It deserves a lifetime achievement award. A particularly unsavory sexual act or bodily function or secretion needs to be named in Whiskeyman's honor. Years from now, newbies should be still asking the question "What does it mean to 'lay a Whiskeyman?'" the same way they ask "What's a Sucks?" Alcoholics should wake up "in their own Whiskeyman." Syphilitics should go to their doctor to have their "Whiskeyman" lanced or scraped or drained.

I'll leave it to posterity to decide Whiskeyman's fate, but I feel something should be done. This cannot be left to be forgotten.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1 Shaman....I post very infrequently but WTF, unfrikken believable

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Scotty, turn off the tractor beam, let it fall into the black hole of dead threads.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This person is an insignificant POS whose failure to succeed in life is reflected in his attempt to belittle others. This is a common trait among losers. He needs his ass kicked and I will pray that it happens soon. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try doing a search on a member before asking such assinine questions. And get off the whiskey, you obviously can't handle it.

Ken will simply laugh at this thread, he's been attacked by other members before and it just rolls off his shoulder. A good man he is, you, not so much.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 11 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 841 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.