Bowhunting safaris consultants

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You don't like 212" B&C mule deer?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I would trust Ray Atkinson (campfire contributer)and a few others, but I've known Ray for about 30 years.
Atkinson is in Filer, Id.
Marty C

marty
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MartyC
I would trust Ray Atkinson (campfire contributer)and a few others, but I've known Ray for about 30 years.
Marty C

I wouldn't trust him on those West Texas sandhills mule deer hunts he sells. I know the ranches well, and he has yet to send me any pics of all those 200"+ bucks they've consistently killed.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Once in a while it goes overboard.

How are things in the NWT this time of year? Have never been up there past mid-September.

Got a couple of inches of snow on the ground and a hair below freezing. Caribou have either gone south or back over the mountains (BOO!) and Moose are closed on this side of the river (boo even harder!). So it's off for a boat ride up the river to try to find a black bear before they go nighty night.

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
CROSSHAIR CONSULTING

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by President_Obanana
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Please list. Thanks.

This guy is a troll-haven't you guys figured it out yet.
He's the guy who wants a 14 pound rifle that can shoot 1500 yds.???? Complete moron.

I regret your hostile form of welcome to the forum.

That avatar is bloody poor form mate..........

And I've had really GREAT service from Jack Atcheson Jnr.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MartyC
Marty C

I wouldn't trust him on those West Texas sandhills mule deer hunts he sells. I know the ranches well, and he has yet to send me any pics of all those 200"+ bucks they've consistently killed.

Atkinson is a proven liar, he'd make another list but certainly not a "top 10 best" list. Don't confuse Atkinson with Atcheson, definately not the same guys

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To summarize:

Ken Moody
Wendell Reich
International Outdoor Consultants
Atcheson (maybe)
Cabelas (mixed reviews)
Bowhunting safaris consultants

Wendell Reich is TOP NOTCH! He is an honest guy

I would also add Aaron Nielson to the list, I worked with him quite a bit this past year. He has a type A personality and can be a bit brash but he is a hard worker and is honest

Drummond

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The trolls are out today...Hunt Sonora is pretty tough at long range but not much punkin up close and personal..He has had it in for me since I exposed him for what he is.

I have no longer book any hunts in the Midland Texas area as it was turned over to a hunting outfit in El Paso, Texas. I had good lock with hunters that went there, end of story.

Raider I sent you an email telling you that I have had no problem with Flag ranch hunters although I have only sent a few there. You were the first to complain to me about the owner, you had not hunted there, and that was without the explanation that I asked for. I certainly was willing to listen to your knowledge of any wrong doings, never got a reply.

This troll stuff from Hunt Sonora came over from AR, so go figure.

I have been in the hunting business for a lifetime either part time or full time, have sent hundreds of folks hunting with very few complaints other than on the internet with folks that have never hunted with me or even know me..

I won't get in a bruhaha with the likes of them as I don't need to. I am well established in this business and there is not a damn thing they can do to hurt me, but I will give them some advise and that is if you get in a s---t throwing contest, you will get some s---t on you...I won't go there on 24 hr.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Please list. Thanks.

This guy is a troll-haven't you guys figured it out yet.
He's the guy who wants a 14 pound rifle that can shoot 1500 yds.???? Complete moron.

I regret your hostile form of welcome to the forum.

You're assuming that you're welcome here......which I suspect you are not. blush

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atkinson
The trolls are out today...Hunt Sonora is pretty tough at long range but not much punkin up close and personal..He has had it in for me since I exposed him for what he is.

I have no longer book any hunts in the Midland Texas area as it was turned over to a hunting outfit in El Paso, Texas. I had good lock with hunters that went there, end of story.

Raider I sent you an email telling you that I have had no problem with Flag ranch hunters although I have only sent a few there. You were the first to complain to me about the owner, you had not hunted there, and that was without the explanation that I asked for. I certainly was willing to listen to your knowledge of any wrong doings, never got a reply.

This troll stuff from Hunt Sonora came over from AR, so go figure.

I have been in the hunting business for a lifetime either part time or full time, have sent hundreds of folks hunting with very few complaints other than on the internet with folks that have never hunted with me or even know me..

I won't get in a bruhaha with the likes of them as I don't need to. I am well established in this business and there is not a damn thing they can do to hurt me, but I will give them some advise and that is if you get in a s---t throwing contest, you will get some s---t on you...I won't go there on 24 hr.

Ray, glad to see you respond. Will you please address your advertising strategies on this post here

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...true/Re_Booking_Agent_Ethics#Post4014050

You say I'm in a poop slinging contest and maybe I have slung a little but if you could pretty please address your advertising practices on that link I would really appreciate it

That right there is the problem I have with you. The claims you've made are simply impossible. You've never posted a single picture to substantiate any of these claims. Maybe the first time you posted these things it was a mistake BUT I have corrected you for years and you still continue to advertise in an unethical and fraudulent manner. Not only that but your personal attacks and threats when I politely corrected you showed me enough of your character and moral fiber to know you would never change.

As for "exposing" me, explain how you did this please. Seriously guys, the only reason ole Ray says he wont get into this debate is because he knows that I will OWN him!

Ray, I have offered to eat your dirty underwear if you would post pictures of all of these 40" mule deer you guys have killed in TX. I even offered to post the video of me eating them on you tube. I am begging your to "expose" me and prove to everybody here on 24HR that what I am telling them is not true. PLEASE do this! Seriously Ray, I am offering you up a softball here. If there was any truth at all to the things you have claimed then this should be a no-brainer for you. The fact that you refuse to do it should be enough for any rational person to know that the reason you wont is because you cant.

I understand that these are very serious allegations against Ray and I can assure you they would not have been posted on a public message board if they were not true. If what I am telling you all is false I would be exposed to all sorts of legal ramifications. To give yall an idea of how confident I am about the facts I have given here, I am more concerned about what I'm going to have for lunch today than I am of potentially being sued by Ray Atkinson.

Originally Posted by atkinson

Nice try acting like your going to take the high road so you can avoid having to substantiate any of this. Pretty weak but not suprising in the least. For sake of expediting the truth, lets not get into a poop slinging contest. Let me ask you this way, Ray, there are questions about the truthfullness of your advertising in a link that has already been posted. To put these questions to rest once and for all, would you please post up pictures to substantiate your claims. It would be greatly appreciated and would once and for all put all questions about your integrity to rest. Furthermore, if you were to substantiate all of your claims I promise to remove myself from every message board that has to do with hunting but not before I personally post up a link to the video I will post on you tube of me eating your skidmarked underwear. If you have forgotten how to post pictures please feel free to email them to me and I will go ahead and post them in the same place I post the you tube link.

See Ray, that wasnt ugly at all, I would just like you to either "prove it" or admit just one time that you were being dishonest. It really is that simple. Balls in your court punkin

Drummond

Last edited by huntsonora; 04/27/10.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As for booking agents Butch Manasse Outdoor Adventure in Cheyenne Wyoming is top notch. He sends me alot of clients, both in NM for elk, and here in Texas for deer and sheep. He always has the client call me, that way there is no miscommunication between client and outfitter. I like the way he does things, he started off as a business helper, and is now a very good friend.
As far as HuntSonora being a troll. Ive have hunted with him on several occasions and he is no Bullchit. Hes been there, done that, and has the pictures to prove it. I also know several big game "guides" that Drummond can and will put to shame. I also know several outfitters that Drummond has been associated with and they are consistently putting 200+ inch mulies on the ground, because of him. Its simply amazing what he can do behind a set of good glass, and there is not a better guide out there at judging big deer on the hoof then Drummond.

Toby Joe

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Have not been but if I got the bug to go to Africa, my first trip would have to be with our own forum's JJ Hack.
I enjoy reading his posts and from the energy he puts into them I perceive him to be very thorough in his planning and I feel like he would indeed be fun to hunt with!

Has anyone that hunted with him been disappointed?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am leaving May 12 on a hunt to South Africa booked thru JJHack and he has been great to work with.I booked with him because I felt I already knew him from all the post kere on the Fire.
Can't wait grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have to agree with Drummond. Put up proof or quit punkin off.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Hey straydog. I have used JJHack as my outfitter twice and he was also our PH last RSA hunt. Both were marvelous trips and lots of fun. Trophies second to none. I haven't seen one of his new locations, but have seen and hunted the others and they are wonderful and varied. I prefer to hunt what Africa always seemed to me as a young guy with a mix of grasslands, deep brush, rocky outcrops, etc. You can spot-stalk, work the trails, pond hunt, etc. That's what he's got. I really like the Limpopo area around Elisras and JJ has great hunting in this area. JJ also runs an efficient operation with a focus on hunting, although he can (and did) set up a park tour, etc. We also drove well into Botswana to check it out. We'll go with him again next year. FWIW, our wives and sons went and had a great time hunting and in camp. Take a look at my trip reports on this forum. You won't be disappointed.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first safari was with JJHack. When I first began planning the trip and before I found the campfire and AR forums, I read his practical how-to book titled "Africa the First Time." This little book answered a great many questions on packing, what to expect, preparation, currency exchange, travel, etc.

I then called Jim and we had several helpful and educational conversations leading me to book with him for a plains game hunt. I can truly say that I had a wonderful and successful hunt. You can expect the best from Jim's operation and that he will deliver what he promises. I can without any reservation recommend hunting with Jim and his crew. In fact, I am considering his new location for a future trip to introduce my brother to safari.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'll have to echo what many others have said. Just go with JJ Hack. I've hunted with him twice and both trips were great. Jim will go out of his way to make your hunt successful. He's a class guy. You can set your trip up so you're there with Jim who is also a PH. I've never seen another booking agent who is also an African PH who will be in camp with you during the hunt. If anything goes wrong (don't worry it won't) Jim will be right there to make things right.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Sonora,
I have never made any claims of 40 inch deer, We shot some 200 plus and 34.5 was the biggest at 234.5 and he is on my web page. but thats not the problem here..

The problem is your a real mental case, and about 5 years ago or so on another blog I advertised some big deer and sent pictures, you got all hot and said their were not big deer in the area, and that you lived there and you were a gun writter and a booking agent for a ranch in Mexico...Well you had written one article in the local paper, You lied or were just ignorant of the fact that the area had and has big deer..I even set up a meeting with you with DK Boyd Land and Cattle Company to go take a look and you failed to do that..Then I got swindled by a fellow that lives in your home town, and I was advised he was a friend of yours, he was on his way to jail when his mommie upped $40,000 to save him..I believe that to be your cause in slandering me on the internet...I also called and contacted your ranch in Mexico and the rancher told me that he knew you but you had no affilation with him or his business..I don't know but suspect you now have another ranch in Mexico that you book for and get paid in free hunts. You constantly attack me because you are jealous of my success in the hunting business and you will go to any extent to hurt my business or my reputation but in fact you cannot hurt me anyway anyhow as I could retire tomorrow if I wanted to and I have a big cleint base that you cannot effect in any way..The bottom line is your a punk kid, with a big mouth..

I only have old pictures as DK Boyd turned his hunting over to a fellow out of El Paso, Tx. I can book for that fellow but I don't know him well so I have not booked for him..I also can book for another outfit in that area, and they shoot some big and they can show you some pictures of recent big bucks in the 180 B&C. I don't book enough deer hunts to really justify the cost as I prefer to work the African hunts as they pay more. If someone wants a Mule Deer or Whitetail then I will send them to a good place for some really nice deer...

I don't want to get into a internet pissin contest with the likes of you for sure, as I see no point in trying to reason with you as it won't do any good, you are so eaten up with jealously and greed that you think you can advance yourself by taking cheap shots at me..It won't work durmmond. You could better advance yourself and stay in the business if you would just do folks a good job and quite being and A hole, it hurts you to do that! Are you so dumb that you can't see that.

BTW, If you and I ever come face to face, I think I'll give you and old fashion spanking..

Last edited by atkinson; 04/29/10.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.