Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atkinson
Sonora,
I have never made any claims of 40 inch deer, We shot some 200 plus and 34.5 was the biggest at 234.5 and he is on my web page. but thats not the problem here..

Another lie. When does it ever end Ray?

Are you serious Ray? Your telling me that you have NEVER advertised claims of 40" deer? Thats why this whole thing started, you claimed that your hunters killed 2-3 deer a year that were 208"-235" and had spreads exceeding 40". It was BS, I called you on it and here we still are.

Furthermore, the deer on your website thats being held by the landowners wife that you've always claimed to be 234" was killed by a friend of mine and he has no clue who you are. You had nothing to do with that buck but you use the word "we" when describing that buck. Also, that buck is NOT 234"! Its a hell of a deer but not what you claim it is. I know, for a fact, that none of the deer pictured on your website were killed by your clients and will tell you that one of the pictures was of a buck killed on a ranch that you NEVER had the authority to book for. This is what happens when you lie on a public forum Ray, people that know better call you on it

I can show anyone a 225 to 235 B&C buck with 40" plus spreads, on about any give hunt, East of Roswell on the LE ranch or on the Frying Pan Ranch near Kermit...

Ray, this next quote was what got us started on this debate

I have some trophy Mule Deer and we kill two or three each year in the 208 to 235 B&C class, spreads of 40 plus inches, which is pretty good because we only take about 7 hunters....In Texas/NM on 300,000 acres of desert near Jal NM and Kermit, Texas....

Here you go advertising a poached deer that was killed 2 counties away where there was no hunting season. I called you on it and you called me a liar. Whats funny is that in later posts you try to pawn it off as if you were correct the whole time.

As some of you know, my big deer ranch is booked up to 2010, but a neighbor contacted me through ********** who posts here and he has one opening for this year and its the first 4 days of season...$2000 for fully guided 1x1 hunt and a $2000 kill fee....
The largest deer was a 13 point 46 inch wide deer with 6" bases and 30 inch main beams...A number of 200 plus deer have come off this 20,000 acre low fenced ranch eacg year...

Considering the size of the Mule Deer killed each year on this ranch, example the largest to date shot a couple of years ago had a 46" spread and awsome mass, and is the State record, then $2000 or $4000 is dirt cheap and success rate is high for that kind of Mule Deer..A comparison is Mexico who were getting $9,500.00 last I checked and these deer are better than Mexicos..Most of the deer shot will go in the book or darn close to it..The gene pool is there and the deer are there, if your lucky or good...

I have had a cancellation on my Texas Mule Deer Trophy hunts...This hunt is on a 20,000 acre low fenced ranch that backs up to about 100,000 acres of Gov. land..
These may be the best trophy deer in the world today, they only allow you to shoot the big ones, the largest shot so far was a 46" spread, 30 inch beam and 6 inch base, Texas no. 1...A number of 170 to 180 were shot and several each year over 200..The adjoining ranch I have booked up into 2008 shot several in the 200 to 234 B&C class...This is one heck of a trophy mule deer country and about half what the guys in Mexico are getting...

When pressed you claim that 46" deer was poached at the gate of his ranch

This one was poached at the gate of Billy Coles ranch if that helps you out.....If you want to see a picture of Billy Cole holding the deer then check his web page or email me like I suggested...I can show you pictures of a half a dozen bucks in the 180 to 234 B&C range if you like, that we have killed in that general area, I book for two ranches, Flag ranch and DK Boyd who has 5 ranches in that are, but DK is booked through 2008, all return clients.....

But then you come around and admit it was 2 counties over like I had been telling you for over a year

Billy Cole of the Flag ranch where you live has a picture of that deer on his brochure and it clearly states the deer was poached in ****** County..I send out those Brochures to folks...I wouldn't suggest that you go and jump on Billy with your BS, it might prove disasterous.

So Ray, tell again how you have never advertised 40" deer. Please, explain to me how I'm wrong about this. I'm just bringing up North America here, your Africa claims are just as rediculous but I'm not the guy to publicly take you to task on those.

Thank you Ray for helping me make the case as to why I would NEVER consider you one of the 10 best booking agent in the industry. You are at the top of a number of my lists but none of them would be considered "good" lists

BTW, If you and I ever come face to face, I think I'll give you and old fashion spanking..

You'd try Ray, If I ever see you I'll come and introduce myself and give you the opportunity

Drummond

Last edited by huntsonora; 04/29/10.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We are talking different ranches, I was talking about he frying pan where the 234 buck is pictured on my web page..

Drummond, you an idiot and you try and turn things around, your process is baffle them with bullsh--t..You take everything out of context. The biggest deer was killed near the frying pan gate, the 46 inch buck was shot Gaines County or so I have been told..however its all in the same general vacinity..

Keep in mind that like Daron Proctor you are a rogue outfitter IMO, your not legitamate in any way. You have no booth at any shows, you are not licensed anywhere that I know of, you do not advertise any hunts, you have pictures of deer shot in Mexico I guess, but I have been told you do not book for them or hunt on them??? in other words you are and internet wannabe, and you claim to be things that your are not.

I have no use for you or your kind, until we meet among the dirt, the blood and the beer! smile and I can't wait, but you gotta hurry, I am not getting any younger..btw whats your address, you have mine? smile

But whats the use of talking to the likes of you, you have an agenda, your not what you say you are and you run with some mighty sorry crowd..

I look forward to the opertunity and surely you can whup a poor ole 75 year old man, but you better bring a change of shorts because your sure going to get the opertunity!

I have nothing more to say to you Lindsey your not worth my time

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ray,

I'd put up pictures or just go away. Your hole is getting deeper and deeper and you're not looking good at all.

How you can say that you've never advertised deer of 40"+ spreads especially after all your old quotes are compiled in front of your face to dispute otherwise is mind boggling...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Not so, I have on some ranches in the are but not on the Frying pan, The biggest deer are on the Kermit ranch..The problem is misunderstood because the oil company had 5 ranches in the area and the deer on the Kermit ranch are the biggest..

I have pictures that I can send to you off several of these ranches and some brochures but I am not going to post them. I don't have the time or where to fore to do that..I can send you some pictures that are 3 years old to your email but older pics seem to upset some for some reason, or I can send you brochures from one of the ranches..

I really don't care to get into all this crap with Lindsey or anyone, if someone wants to know what I have and what it costs then contact me direct..This internet stuff is getting pretty old and I just don't want to deal with it..I'll retire first, but be assured my base clientele is enough to support me the rest of my life...and I don't need a witch hunt, or folks that have no clue judging me..I just don't have to take it anymore, one of the niceites of age....

As an edit, I see the usual Lindsey Drummond MO cropping up, that is getting all his butt buddies, folks we have never heard of seldom hear from showing up to support old Lindsey..Typical, typical..they come crawling out of the woodwork..

That is why I refuse to comply..its a rigged deal.

Last edited by atkinson; 04/29/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are talking different ranches, I was talking about he frying pan where the 234 buck is pictured on my web page..

Drummond, you an idiot and you try and turn things around, your process is baffle them with bullsh--t..You take everything out of context. The biggest deer was killed near the frying pan gate, the 46 inch buck was shot Gaines County or so I have been told..however its all in the same general vacinity..

in other words you are and internet wannabe, and you claim to be things that your are not.

you have an agenda, your not what you say you are and you run with some mighty sorry crowd..

I look forward to the opertunity and surely you can whup a poor ole 75 year old man, but you better bring a change of shorts because your sure going to get the opertunity!

Wow Ray! Sounds like you have me confused with, well, you!

This goes back years Ray, I know exactly what you've advertised and on which ranches you've booked for. The first time I politely called you on it you became extremely combative and beligerant and called me every name in the book, called into question my character and integrity and threatened myself and my family by saying you were going to show up on my doorstep. You were then and continue to be a first rate a-hole.

What your doing now is typical of how you've acted for years. Instead of owning it like a man you try your "smoke and mirrors" tactic, trying to take the focus off of you and place it on others. You should have learned by now that it doesn't work with me. If you had just owned all of your false and fraudulant lies like a man instead of acting like a 15 year old punk kid you wouldn't be in this mess. I assure you Ray, your wounds are self inflicted.

As for fighting you, as it seems you would like, I have zero interest. To serve you a beating now would serve no purpose, that ass whipping should have come many years ago for it to have done any good. I have more respect for myself than to allow myself to be dragged down to that level.

The issue simply boils down to the fact that you have purposely mislead people in an attempt to put money in your pocket, people go to prison for stuff like that. Your no better than a common thief

Ray, you understand that you could combine the deer that come off of the Jicarilla, the Henry Mountains and the Arizona Strip and still not have the kind of season that you claimed your hunters had every year in Texas.

If anybody thinks for even a second that Ray wouldn't post up pictures of deer like he claims they have killed if for no other reason than to just shame me then I suggest you give ole Ray a call, he has the perfect mule deer hunt for you.

Drummond

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've never even spoken to Drummond or huntsonora in my life. Don't know him from Adam. Seems like a stand up kinda guy though and if JG says so I can believe it.

I'm just a member of the campfire and hunt in and around lots of the areas in question on this thread...

For the record...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are we still talking about top 10 booking agents for Africa? My gunsmith/hunting buddy went with Swartkai (sp?) Safaris last summer and had a ball - wonderful accomodations, great mix of animals, and ample hunting opportunities.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Kimberman,
I have hunted with Swartkai Safari and in fact I book for them..Phillip Price and his brother Charles are the very best in the business in RSA and are very close personal friends of mine...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
atkinson , seems ya have a real hard time with telling the truth madbut I have known that for years. grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John Burrell's High Adventure Company

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
JJHACK I know there are many outfitters in RSA...I can reccomend Jim absent reservation...honest, anal about his clients having a quality african hunting experience..while it's RSA and you're hunting on high fenced ranch[s], the fences are miles apart..you will have a first quality, fair chase PG hunt at a fair price with an honest and highly competant fellow.

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
It's getting cheaper to hunt Africa each year given the U.S. Economy so I think that some of the worst ones should go bust.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
NorthAmerican Fairchase & International
Ray Atkinson
Crosshair

My thing is when one of these will fight for you in
a problem situation and NOT JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY THAN THATS THE MAN YOU SHOULD STICK WITH.

A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Jack Atchsen Jr. 100%, but then he is a very good friend of mine. Unforunately, Jack does not deal in basement bargins with the likes that can be found on Accurate Reloading.

R
R
I can't say that I can rank the top 10 because I haven't gone hunting in Africa 10 times (but a guy can dream). But I have booked many trips and used many guides throughout North America and I think know how to separate the wheat from the chaff. When I hunted South Africa I used JJHack and have to say it was not only the best guided (or PH) experience I have ever had, but the hunting experience I have ever had. Period.

Somebody else called Jim anal, and he is right. Jim sweated everything so that I could have the experience of a lifetime. No surprises. Right on budget. I don't feel like I just had a pro with me, I made an incredible friend. Even though my SA trip was several years ago, I was still in touch with Jim as late as last month getting advice about fishing in Alaska.

What really stood out about Jim was his follow-through. I took my wife with me to South Africa (she spends as many days hunting each year as I do) We all know the adage that "If Momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy." Jim instinctively knew this and took it as his mission to make sure that she had the hunting experience of her life, too. Momma was very happy. I think I got my elk hunting trip to Idaho solely on good will Jim generated for me on our trip to SA.

There may be other good professional hunters or agents, but based on my experience, I can't imagine anybody else coming out higher on a list of reputability than Jim.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by abc
Jack Atchsen Jr. 100%, but then he is a very good friend of mine. Unforunately, Jack does not deal in basement bargins with the likes that can be found on Accurate Reloading.

Atcheson's is the benchmark, booked an AK hunt today with Jack Jr.

caint make cake outta [bleep]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Some six figure hunts are also available on AR. If you want to spend two hundred grand or more on a Tanzania or Botswana hunt, they can be found there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by huntsonora; 05/14/10. Reason: .
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (12344mag, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 160user, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.