-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Palin did not complete her full term as Governor of Alaska.

Obama did not complete his full term as Senator from Illinois.

but which one do the naysayers dwell on?

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How long before they roll out Jeb Bush? Not 2012, but the next time? Just askin'.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although I agree with Palin's political views, I'm not so sure she is the best person for the job.

I'll see what shakes out as we get closer.

JM

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Enrique
Palin is scary! Plain and simple.
If she gets the GOP nod, Obama or whoever the dems put up will win. As much as a lot of you like or love her, she can't win. She's not strong enough or popular enough to beat Obama.

The GOP needs a strong leader, that has made wise decisions and hadserved more than what Palin has. Look has what inexperience (Obama) has done to this Country and we want more of that?

Sorry guys, I like Palin, but she is no POTUS she's just another politician like most no names that can't win the nod or beat some other inexperienced loser.

My original post, of course, totally disagrees with everything you have just said.
But I gave my reasons why�
And you have not.

I would be interested to know why you think Palin is just another �scary-no name� politician and can�t win�based on her 20 year record, of course�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
In this day & age it takes stage presence & salesmanship to become POTUS...While Palin has the conservative values that made this country great, she is lacking what it takes to be elected President...YOU & I may not like it but that's the way it is...

You're probably right.

She needs to make a music video, appear on a reality show or three and start twittering like mad.

She would be a shoo-in after that.

(That's a comment on America and American voters more than on Mrs. Palin.)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't get me wrong, I like Palin. I think she is good for the conservative movement but can't when against Obama. Her and McCain got beat once already by him. I think she was one of the big reason Obama won.
She will get all of the conservative vote (including mine if she got the nod), but won't get all of the moderate vote espeacially the left leaning moderates, won't get all of the "don't have a clue vote" and I am sure she will get none of the liberal vote because they hate her more than they are mad at Obama. The liberals do not want a Woman that is anti abortion, pro gun and pro family in the white house. That being said I am sure if she did get the nod the Dems that didn't show up to vote this year will show up in 2012 just to make sure she didn't win. The district lines will help us in the house and senate but I don't see it doing much for the POTUS election except cali and other lib states losing votes.

If this was a perfect world, your numbers would put her in no doubt, but since its not and her getting the nod would bring out the left, it would be too close to call and I think she gets beat.

To get rid of Obama in 2012, we need a moderate conservative (if there is such a thing) that can draw some votes from the left, but still conservative enough to keep the conservative values and fire up the conservative base while not pi$$ing off the left moderates too much to hopefully get the votes from those angry at Obama. Palin can't do that.

Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong, but if she gets the nod I see 4 more years of Dem controlled white house regardless if its Obama or Hilary. Unless the Dem primary race is so ugly and brutal that they destroy each other to the point the party falls apart which would be nice!

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
BMT, who's your choice? Tim

Sam Blackburn in 2020. Senator and now Governor. Give him 2 terms to prove himself up.

Jindal has the most promise after working his way up from the House and now as Governor. Solid values. Solid experience. Very Smart. Good International presence.

A Solid Western Governor with military experience would be great--I don't know of any though.

Maybe a US General with a good record in the sandbox as a VP would be helpful.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

To get rid of Obama in 2012, we need a moderate conservative (if there is such a thing) that can draw some votes from the left, but still conservative enough to keep the conservative values and fire up the conservative base while not pi$$ing off the left moderates too much to hopefully get the votes from those angry at Obama. Palin can't do that.

See what I mean???

Posted earlier by Nemesis:

"Don't worry BMT, the GOP will trot out some Clinton or Bush look-a-like in a blue suit and red tie that is capable of mouthing every "God and Country" platitude that one could imagine and people like you will gush all over him.

The end result will be a continuance of the status quo in Washington (big government and big taxes), but you'll love every minute of it because you'll have your Presidential "manikin" with an R after his name on TV all the time telling you to be patient because good times are a coming.

It's funny how people claim they want "change" and when a dynamic, individual like Sarah Palin with new and refreshing ideas comes along they curl up in a fetal position and cry for the same old Ivy League trained, "fiscally conservative/socially liberal" males that have dominated the Republican Party for decades."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Who in 2012?

I can't think of anybody right now.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
Who in 2012?

I can't think of anybody right now.

I meant Jindal + US General is best guess.

Blackburn is best longterm (If he holds up).

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by savage62
this bumb obahma should be Inpeach for not proteching our borders

With that clear thinking we would have to impeach every president for the past 20+ years! Don't stop there lets nail some judges and every govenor of every state along the border as well(for the past 20 years) If you don't like some on impeach them! Stupid! [b][/b]

Last edited by northwestalaska; 12/10/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nem,

I never said I want what you had posted earlier. I am saying we need someone with strong conservative values with the ability to still be able to draw votes from the left. That might come from a sorta moderate right. However we can agree we don't want him/her too close to the middle.

Palin is too far right and we all know too far to one side is never good.

Example, take a look at Gov Jan Brewer here in AZ. She pi$$ed off the whole world with SB1070, she pi$$ed off a lot here in AZ with a 1 cent tax hike to help balance the books, she has cut a ton of programs and made a lot of enemies, yet she still managed to slaughter Terry Goddard in the Gov race.
That is the type of person we need for President. I don't think she has enough experience or know how to be president, but someone like her that can pi$$ off so many people while doing the right thing and still getting elected is what we need from the GOP to get rid of the current admin that is ruining this country.

Thats the type we need not a "Clinton or Bush look-a-like in a blue suit and red tie that is capable of mouthing every "God and Country" platitude that one could imagine" that you think I want or any other person on here wants. I'm just saying what I think we need besides Palin. I hope my example using our Gov here in AZ clarifies what I meant.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
The only thought that I have after reading such a loony tune diatribe, is that somebody is Cuckoo for CoCo Puffs...

The term "President Palin" is a scary thing, for criss sakes, you seen how she operates a rifle....some people need to lay off the kool-aid and take a dose of reality, Sarah Palin is not of character or intelligence to lead a country, let alone a hockey-mom bake sale, plain and simple.

She's nice to look at though, I'll give you fruit loops that!!!

"President Palin" has a nice ring to it�rolls off the tongue rather well�

And she really knows her way around a bolt gun after her Dad lets go and backs off�
Plain to see that�seen her do the same thing semi-auto in videos from a couple of army rifle ranges�

No leadership character or intelligence?
You forgot to give your reasons why you think so.

But, then Trolls never do�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
The only thought that I have after reading such a loony tune diatribe, is that somebody is Cuckoo for CoCo Puffs...

The term "President Palin" is a scary thing, for criss sakes, you seen how she operates a rifle....some people need to lay off the kool-aid and take a dose of reality, Sarah Palin is not of character or intelligence to lead a country, let alone a hockey-mom bake sale, plain and simple.

She's nice to look at though, I'll give you fruit loops that!!!

"President Palin" has a nice ring to it�rolls off the tongue rather well�

And she really knows her way around a bolt gun after her Dad lets go and backs off�
Plain to see that�seen her do the same thing semi-auto in videos from a couple of army rifle ranges�

No leadership character or intelligence?
You forgot to give your reasons why you think so.

But, then Trolls never do�

Bowsinger:

Lets just look at the easy stuff: You have a starting QB who has a record pulling him/herself out of the game when he/she receives a hard. Your QB complains that they are being mean to me! 4 years later the same QB now wants to be elevated to the coach position, what does your gut tell you about this quitter? Will they be there when the press starts ti be mean to the QB/Coach?

I love sport metaphors!

Not Quilifed by history of quitting. Understand now?

Last edited by northwestalaska; 12/10/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This guy would be a great VP

[Linked Image]

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Although I agree with Palin's political views, I'm not so sure she is the best person for the job.
+1..Although if it comes down to Palin vs Democrap, I'll vote Palin.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bowsinger, I'm with ya! While I know it would not be an easy task, it needs to be done. But, we do NOT want the established RINOS getting anywhere close. There are not many candidates that are not part of the RINOS, they cannot in any way command the presence of Sarah!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She doesn't stand a chance and is not ready for the job.

We need to wise up and nominate an electable candidate with brains and experience.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It all depends on where you a looking from doesn't it?

If you are looking from the far left........then sure, Sarah Palin appears to be "far right."

But if you are looking from the "right".............(as every good Conservative should be) then Sarah appears to be just perfect!

It's all a matter of perspective don't ya' see?

Sarah Palin is a champion of smaller, less intrusive government, is pro business, does not believe in wealth redistribution, is a hunter and fisherman and strongly supports gun rights and the Second Ammendment.

She is a good administrator and has demonstrated her belief in God and family and actively opposes the wholesale slaughter of the unborn that is currently going on in this country.

What more could a true Conservative ask for in a candidate for the Presidency.

Huh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis

It all depends on where you a looking from doesn't it?

If you are looking from the far left........then sure, Sarah Palin appears to be "far right."

But if you are looking from the "right".............(as every good Conservative should be) then Sarah appears to be just perfect!

It's all a matter of perspective don't ya' see?

Sarah Palin is a champion of smaller, less intrusive government, is pro business, does not believe in wealth redistribution, is a hunter and fisherman and strongly supports gun rights and the Second Ammendment.

She is a good administrator and has demonstrated her belief in God and family and actively opposes the wholesale slaughter of the unborn that is currently going on in this country.

What more could a true Conservative ask for in a candidate for the Presidency.

Huh?

Brains...experience... for starters.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,075
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.