B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The big three federal budget busters are:

Defense

Social Security

Medicare/Medicaid

The budget deficit for this year is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 trillion dollars. The national debt is nearing the 14 trillion dollar mark.

Without *deep* cuts to the above mentioned budget busters, there will be no meaningful reduction in the annual budget deficit and the national debt will continue to escalate at an alarming, unsustainable rate.

There can be no recovery as long as the wealth of the nation is bleeding out at the current rate,...and it will continue to bleed out until spending on the big 3 is shut down.

No one who gets elected will shut it down.

Even if they did, it would pretty much amount to the elimination of the boomer generation,..which is due to totally clobber Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid much *much* harder over the next 20 years,...so, a collapse is inevitable.

Taking in the situation as a whole,...the only logical conclusion is to live for today.

Tomorrow gonna suck.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
And don't forget "defense" includes invading foreign countries
Not just defense of the USA

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My point is,...if you're above age 40 or so, there's just no relief for you.

Not fixing the problem is going to hammer you, and fixing the problem is going to hammer you.

Vote for whoever you want, but their choices can be boiled down to 1 of 2 paths,..and either of them is going to mean serious pain for at least a couple of generations,..maybe much longer,...maybe forever.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Personally all that more "experiece" will get us is someone more and more disconnected from the vast majority of Americans. Yeah I'd rather have some polished political hack that has spent the majority of their life in "politics". One more McCain RINO to trott out to try to appeal to the masses... blah blah blah, makes me want to puke.

I'll take someone that doesn't just "feel our pain", but has actually experienced it. Someone that shares our values and passions, and will use that experience to make decisions. I'll take someone that will surround themselves with knowledgeable people, with character, that share their values.

One doesn't need a vast amount of "experience" to know right from wrong, and to know what Freedom, and Liberty mean to Americans.

Yeah, I wish Palin had been able to serve out her term as governor, but do the people that use that against her have any understanding of the thousands, and potentially millions of dollars that the unending string of baseless accusations, and lawsuits cost the state of Alaska and the Palins personally??? How many of you could afford $500,000 in legal fees to defend yourself against absurd accusations? Also note that the never ending lawsuits stopped completely when she resigned.

I'm not saying that Palin is the end all, be all, but show me who else is out there that even comes close.

Last edited by stuckalot; 12/12/10.

I am free only because thousands of brave Americans have given their lives' for me.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There is however, one last best hope,...if the people wake up very soon and act on it.

Nullification.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Nullification.shtml

An excerpt: (but click the link and read it all)

Washington is out of control. It does as it likes, without restraint. It spends American money and American lives to fight remote wars for which it cannot provide a plausible reason. It determines what our children will be taught, who we can hire and fire, to whom we can sell our houses, whether we can defend ourselves, even what names we can call each other. The feds read our email and track the web sites we visit, make us hop around barefoot in airports at the command of surly unaccountable rentacops. They search us at random in train stations without even a pretense of probable cause. We have no influence over them, no way of resisting.

Except, perhaps, to ignore them.

Washington has learned to insulate itself from interference by the population. Huge impenetrable bureaucracies beyond public control make regulations that amount to laws, spending God knows how much money to do God knows what for the benefit of the interest groups that run the government. These bureaucrats cannot be fired and usually cannot be named. Congress, like the bureaucracies, serves not the United States but the big lobbies. The looters of Wall Street wreck the lives of millions, and get millions in bonuses for doing it instead of the end of a rope.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Which made the job Ronnie did there even more amazing and overshadows Palins puny record of achievements. She needs more years of real experience.

And what would this "experience" be if I may ask?

How do you explain the fact that there have been numerous past Presidents with every type of "experience" you could imagine and they still failed miserbly?

If you want to oppose Sarah Palin's candidacy, it seems to me ya' gotta challenge her on her record and her position on the current issues facing this country.......... and then compare and contrast them with others that may be vying for the job.

Ya' know?

Ya...I do know. She isn't qualified and would loose just like Angel did to Reid...Ya know?

I laugh my azz off here when the rational arguments get to insults and name calling. The liberals laugh theirs off, too.

Nominate someone electable and scare their miserable azzes. Palin isn't the one, sorry. I suppose to the diaper set here, she seems mature and worldly. She isn't.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Defense

Social Security

Medicare/Medicaid

The budget deficit for this year is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 trillion dollars. The national debt is nearing the 14 trillion dollar mark.

Without *deep* cuts to the above mentioned budget busters, there will be no meaningful reduction in the annual budget deficit and the national debt will continue to escalate at an alarming, unsustainable rate.

There can be no recovery as long as the wealth of the nation is bleeding out at the current rate,...and it will continue to bleed out until spending on the big 3 is shut down.

Even if they did, it would pretty much amount to the elimination of the boomer generation,..which is due to totally clobber Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid much *much* harder over the next 20 years,...so, a collapse is inevitable.

Taking in the situation as a whole,...the only logical conclusion is to live for today.

Tomorrow gonna suck.

Not arguing, but you left out "interest on existing debt"

If we think it is high at 4%, wonder what the dollar amount per year would be at 11% or 18%?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Defense

Social Security

Medicare/Medicaid

Tomorrow gonna suck.

MF,....

I've been pretty happy standing aside as the futility of the argument seems to go right over the head of those on the right. You give it to them point blank but I guarantee the leg humpers on the right will turn a blind eye just as much as those who live in La La land on the left.

Pretty much proves the point folks would rather take part in partisan politics rather than face the reality of the situation we face that we are where we are because both parties have had an almost equal hand in fuggin' the American people for their own benefit.

..I mean,..how blind do people really have to be to think our situation should be laid at the feet of the 'other side'? Do they really believe one side is Snow White when they get elected to office and not the self serving, self righteous white shirts like those on the left that get corrupted by power and self preservation as soon as they hit the curbs of DC?

...Friggin' clueless. Ain't no sense in trying to install any common sense in folks who are just as guilty of the brainwashing they get as those who live in Fantasy Land on the other side.

I ain't got no fancy education but sure as hell, I can think for myself and have enough common sense to know where my screwing is coming from. My advise is to live as far away from people as possible because the majority of them are too friggin' stupid too think for themselves and would rather let some smug white shirt politician tell them what is happening and what caused it than to take the 2 minutes to figure it out for themselves.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rrroae
but I guarantee the leg humpers on the right will turn a blind eye just as much as those who live in La La land on the left.

Yeah,...but it's a coping mechanism,.and the politicians know how to tap into it.

It's not a coincidence that every winning campaign slogan for the past 3 decades can be boiled down to "HOPE!" and "CHANGE!"

Obama just chose to leave it at that.

I can just hear his campaign manager,..."Fuggit, man,..ain't no need in getting all wordy about it. Just say hope and change."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's not a coincidence that every winning campaign slogan for the past 3 decades can be boiled down to "HOPE!" and "CHANGE!"

lol

Yeah and each side gets all in a frenzy thinking it will make some sort of difference.
\

Not sure why you even bother pointing it out anymore. Buy yourself one of those nice pieces of Kentucky land deep in the woods and get as far away from folks as you can.

I promise you,.....if you do,....you'll care even less than you do now(if you care at all) of your're countrymen's irrational stupidity.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm hoping that before you go off calling your fellow countrymen stupid,you have that pond of yours filled up by now.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I'm tying a good one one, I call folks a lot more than stupid. Of course the context and tone I do it in helps get more more smirks than fists directing in my direction(thankfully,..I can't fight worth a dam).

...and the ponds about 2/3rds full.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Good on ya',Noah!! Got your fish in,yet?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rrroae
Not sure why you even bother pointing it out anymore.

I don't all that much,....but occasionally when people start touting this candidate or that candidate, I feel compelled to ask:

"Do they got 14 fuggin' trillion dollahs ta donate to the cause? If they don't, you better find somebody to vote fer dat DO.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by nemesis
[quote=luv2safari]

If you want to oppose Sarah Palin's candidacy, it seems to me ya' gotta challenge her on her record and her position on the current issues facing this country.......... and then compare and contrast them with others that may be vying for the job.

Ya' know?

Ya...I do know. She isn't qualified and would loose just like Angel did to Reid...Ya know?

I laugh my azz off here when the rational arguments get to insults and name calling. The liberals laugh theirs off, too.

Nominate someone electable and scare their miserable azzes. Palin isn't the one, sorry. I suppose to the diaper set here, she seems mature and worldly. She isn't.

You mean when you got to insults like this?

�Is your head so deep in the sand as to believe she wrote any of her speeches and columns by herself.�

After I had posted this?
If Governor Palin is writing all those Ed-Op columns about foreign policy and everything else for the WSJ and others�and the Editors all say she is writing the gist of it herself�with less professional writing help than most of the politicians that appear under their banner�did you read about Sarah�s speech in Hong Kong last year�

And you posted-nothing? I have a lot more back up if you ever come with anything �

�Sarah would loose in a landslide against the Magic One.�

Is that the best you got? Your idea of a �rational argument?�

After I started this tread with 4 pages of reasons why and how Palin could beat Obama including this?
And there is this little thing about Obama losing his left wing base-dropping in the polls like a rock-even the late night shows poking� him with a stick�

Maybe we will see his new TV show-�Obama�s Chicagoland�
When the left loons run �Jerry Brown�s Moonbeamland� at him in the Dems primaries.

Using the Gallup numbers originally posted by Flyfast to look at the popular vote:
40% conservative
35% moderate
20% liberal
5% �don�t have a clue�

If Obama pulls a Clinton and moves center and the Tea Party wins a few fights in 2011/12 and staves off disaster-I see:
40% conservative for Palin
15/20% split moderates for Palin AND her Tea Party
Judging by the last election that should be maybe 5/30% split.
40+20=60% or more for Palin and Obama loses 5-10% of his pissed off liberal base and some of the undecided that will vote for Jerry Brown or some other leftwing nut.

If Obama hunkers down on the left and Everything goes south:
30% moderate for Palin. Obama gets the other 5% and keeps the 20% liberal and 5% undecided. 70% Palin 30% Obama.

And you posted-nothing.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're forgetting the reason the left is turning on little o. He'll be replace by one the left will all get behind. Probably Clinton.

I'm guessing it'll be another standard issue left(whacko) vs right(neocon) election. I hope I'm wrong and there's an actual conservative that'll run a "hack to government back down to size and quit spending like drunk sailors" campaign but I'm not holding my breath.

Whatver the case, it's gonna be fun to watch!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dream on. All the poles show her double digits behind Obama right now, and he is at his lowest approval rating ever.

Hll, I don't want the Magic One back as much as anybody. Palin simply can't beat him. She proved a negative in the last election.

McCain would have been Prez, had he chosen someone with better background in world and domestic politics. The "Stump the Palin" interviews by the MSM were murder for the campaign. All poles said it, and so did the electorate. Many women can't stand her...ones who would vote Republican ordinarily. Her fingers-on-a-chalkboard voice is a killer, too.

I have absolutely no fault with her message and find her refreshingly honest. I can't fathom her winning the top job, however.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
There are few things more useless that 2010 polls about who can win in 2012.

For example: the slanted left leaning McClatchy-Marist poll has shown that Palin has cut the Gap between her and Obama in half��

And over on the Daily Kos polls:
Palin is in the lead nationally-up by 3 over Romney:

Palin 21%
Gingrich 19%
Romney 18%
Huckabee 16%
Paul 5%
Pawlenty 5%
Thune 3%
Daniels 2%

And in just Montana-up by a lot more:

Palin 23%
Huckabee 22%
Gingrich 16%
Romney 12%
Paul 9%
Pawlenty 3%
Thune 3%
Daniels 2%

�This poll is further evidence that Mitt Romney has absolutely fallen apart. In 2008, Romney won Montana by a 38-25 margin over Ron Paul. Today, he's running far behind Governor Palin despite the fact that Montana's Republican electorate is comprised of a large percentage of Mormons.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BOW...
I really believe that nobody on that list will be nominated in the end. I think it may be a dark horse who captures imaginations and excitement. It will be someone with a more universal appeal and probably a bit more center right than you wish for. I don't like the idea of center-right, but it beats Marxist-left.

My point is finding a candidate who doesn't have the narrow appeal of Palin and doesn't have her baggage. The successful "stump-the-Palin" interviews of 2008 will keep biting her in the butt.

She might make a decent Sec of the Interior. wink

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,931
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.