Hop To
Page 11 of 40 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 39 40
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Steelhead
One doesn't need to know anything about the shooter know he's a nut job, other than his actions today, it needs no reinforcement.

Random murder of bystanders. Yeah, he shot a judge and congressman. That makes him a political assassin at best. Then shooting those just gathered around? That makes him a cowardly, bent, twisted, perverted sonofabitch on nobody's side but his own. Rick, forgive me but there's no synonym. Doesn't matter how decrepid his past, how unfulfilling his childhood, or how persecuted he may have felt. I'll be first in line to throw the switch, drop the hammer or push the syringe. But he'll have an attorney, exposure and sympathy from some. Most likely trial delays and appeals. Just hope he dies as swiftly as McVeigh after Oklahoma. Kill him quickly, extreme prejudice.

Amen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
e.g.
There was no security at the event, a meet-and-greet outside a Safeway on the northwest side, Grey said.

There was a Tuscon Daily Star web news blurb up,....( I read it aloud to Vanimrod ) all full of quotes from one of her "Congressional Aides",.....HIS "Eyewitness account",.....he used the phrase "caught in the crossfire",....while describing how he passed up the opportunity to stop the thing before it started.

....It's been "Taken Down",....and will require some searching,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Eyewitness (an emergency room doc) I heard interviewed on Fox refuted any notion of a second shooter. Said the perp was the sole shooter and fired cooly and methodically for what he estimated to be 8 to 10 seconds before being tackled. Entirely plausible.

8-10 seconds, yeah, I can easily see that.

[bleep]' nutcase.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockchucker

a 30 rd. glock 45 mag?

i don't think so
33 round 9mm.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i know they make the 33 rd 9mm.

some one state he used a glock 45. and i don't believe they make a 30 rounder for that.

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
through the years it has been very easy and not considered worthy of comment to approach elected officials.
as a very young boy when barry goldwater was first running for office, i sat on his lap with him on his horse in prescott.
When mccain first ran for office, he was hanging around at the square in prescott.
I would have NOT thought it possible for someone to do this in this state. Which i guess proves i am an old man and not in touch with the times.
Heck, you could write or call congressmen/women in this state and they would respond to you.

for that matter, my wife seems to remember rightly or wrongly that giffords was at a border rally this summer along the border.

by the way greg, this morning was up on a 4x4 road off the gila river. 80year in a jeep with his 50something daughter had a flat tire. We stopped to change it for him.
Would you believe upon us leaving this rather good looking woman grabbed by hand to shake it,then kissed my hand?
Must be the facial fur i sport.

She sounds like one of my students, I probably kissed HER hand sometime recent,.....and she was just thinking that it was the right thing to do.

you gracious and well behaved old fart.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

some one state he used a glock 45. and i don't believe they make a 30 rounder for that.

You may be right. I don't know.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That video of him in the wizard robe and HappyFace burning the American flag in the desert was sure weird.

Betcha he's been under psychiatric care, probably voiced some crazy ideas that the counsellor was praying he never acted-out.

[Linked Image] Steve

"He wins the most, who honor saves. Success is not the test"--Ryan

Blog: http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=71
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Factory Glock 33-round 9mm 3rd Generation New Unmarked magazines. Fits Glock 17, 18, 19, 26, and 34. also fits Kel-tec rifles which use the Glock

Looks like someone beat me to it, but there is the facts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For those ESPOUSING the "Lone Gunman" theory, I went and searched,.....this little "HERO's" report,.....

His 15 seconds of fame might have lain in STOPPING this , before it started,

I encourage you to read, and RE-READ his little tale ....

Link: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/76bc3c24-1b79-11e0-b748-001cc4c002e0.html

Home / News / Local / Crime
Witness: Gunman 'was going for the congresswoman'

* Story
* Comments

Witness: Gunman 'was going for the congresswoman'

By Patrick Finley Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 3:45 pm | Comments

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

The gunman, wearing a beanie and baggy clothes, approached Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords� meet-and-greet Saturday wanting to speak with her immediately, a witness says.

Alex Villec, a 19-year-old volunteer, organized the line of constituents outside the Safeway where a young man approached the line.

He said, �Can I talk to the congresswoman?�, or something to that effect, Villec said. He told the man to stand at the back of a line to wait for about 20 minutes.

�He went to the back of the line,� Villec said, �and didn�t seem too interested in what I had to say.�

Minutes later, the man left the back of the line and walked toward Giffords, who was with 20 to 25 constituents, employees and volunteers.

�He was intent,� Villec said. �He was intent when he came back � a pretty stone cold glance and glare.�

�I didn�t see his gun, but it was clear who he was going for. He was going for the congresswoman,� Villec said.

�A few staff members were caught in the crossfire �. His goal was the congresswoman.�

The shooter walked past Villec and to his left, past tables and toward Giffords. He raised his hand. Villec heard gunshots before ducking behind a pillar and later running across the Safeway parking lot to a bank for safety.

�It was bedlam,� he said. �People were getting down on the ground. They were screaming. I just did what I could to keep myself protected.�

Villec worked on Giffords� 2008 campaign and interned twice in the past year for her, both in Tucson and in Washington, D.C. The Catalina Foothills High School graduate volunteered Saturday in part to see old friends. He was set to return to Georgetown University on Sunday.

The weapon �sounded like a handgun.� He did not hear the shooter speak while firing; from behind a pillar, Villec heard someone cry, �Get down.� Villec did not see two men tackle the gunman, though spoke with one of the men afterward. That tackler, he said, was next in line to greet Giffords.

�It�s heroic,� Villec said.� I�m at a loss for words to describe the courage it takes to do a thing like that.�

At 10:19 a.m., Villec texted his mother, Anne Hoff.

�I�m safe and fine,� it read. �There was a shooting outside Safeway. I�m completely O.K.�

Hoff, who drove to the Safeway lot, said she was thankful for the pre-emptive text.

�I don�t know,� she said, �what makes someone lucky.�

Villec, who was still shocked about his close call, knew the gravity of what occurred outside the Safeway early Saturday.

�It�s clear that this is a contentious district. Passions run deep on these issues, so much so that somebody would be compelled to do something like this,� he said. �However, the kind of bickering that happens on a day-to-day basis never reaches physical violence.

�This is unprecedented � and it�s going to send shockwaves throughout the country.�

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/08/11. Reason: Add Link

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I just put up a link for a twenty-five round .45 magazine awhile ago. I can't say about thirty, but I found the 25 rounder with only a quick search.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Given that the "Event as it unfolds" is kinda' important to a FEW,.....COULD SOMEONE please GO START A [bleep]' "Glock Magazine Capacity" thread ?

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i dont know about glock magazine capacities, but the sheriff did say durring the news conference that the shooter was using an "extended capacity magazine"

=========================================================
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since it seems a certainty the shooter's ramblings will be taken offline, here's the text, given on a plain back background, the 1:10 minute video jumps between six different screens of text...

Screen 1: Hello, my name is... <gives his name>

Screen 2: This video is my introduction to you! My favorite activity is conscience dreaming; the greatest inspiration for my political business information. Some of you dont dream - sadly.

Screen 3: Firstly, the current government officials are in power for their currency, but I'm informing you for your new currency! If you're treasurer of a new money system, then you're responsible for the distribution of a new currency. We know now - the treasurer for a new money system is the distributor of the new currency. As a result, the people approve a new money system which is promising new information thats accurate, and we truly believe in a new currency. Above all you have your new currency, listener?

Screen 4: Secondly my hope is for you to be literate! If you're literate in English grammar, then you comprehend English grammar. The majority of people who reside in District-8, are illiterate - hilarious. I don't control your English grammar structure, but you control your English grammar structure.

Screen 5: Thirdly, I know who's listening: Government Officials and the People. Nearly all the People, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I had my Civil Rights, then this message wouldn't have happen.

Screen 6: In conclusion, my ambition - is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I'm conscience dreaming! Thank you!

FYI

Birdwatcher

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I just put up a link for a twenty-five round .45 magazine awhile ago. I can't say about thirty, but I found the 25 rounder with only a quick search.

it's not really important.

it's just another schitty day in america.

it's amazing how a few schitt heads in america make all of as look bad to the rest of the world.

godspeed to the victims of this madness

FJB
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You may be right. I don't know.

Oughta be your answer for everything, your signature line, and your [bleep]' motto...

Last edited by VAnimrod; 01/08/11.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit

Interesting. Thank ya kindly.

Brian.
Don't bother with them. Only the ones made by Glock are reliable.

No interest in owning a Glock or a high cap magazine. I had just never heard of such a large mag for a Glock.

Apologies for getting the thread off subject.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Interesting. Thank ya kindly.

Brian.
Don't bother with them. Only the ones made by Glock are reliable.

No interest in owning a Glock or a high cap magazine. I had just never heard of such a large mag for a Glock.

Apologies for getting the thread off subject.

Brian.

me too

FJB
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Whack job gets gun, shoots notable people. Unfortunately, the human tragedy will be lost in the shuffle. This is gonna be trouble. We all know where the "Brady" bill came from.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just putting this stuff up in raw form,.....cause there are some SERIOUS problems recording it's co-ords at all, the "program" just keeps jumping from story to story,...and NO, there's nothing wrong with this devil-box, or my server.....

Here:

Link: http://azstarnet.com/article_91db5db4-1b74-11e0-ba23-001cc4c002e0.html

Here:

Home
Man linked to Giffords shooting rampage called 'very disturbed'

* Story
* Comments

Man linked to Giffords shooting rampage called 'very disturbed'

By Tim Steller, Arizona Daily Star Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2011 3:11 pm | Comments

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

buy this photo Mamta Popat/Arizona Daily Star Jared Loughner is the man identified by the Associated Press as the suspect in the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and slayings of U.S. District Judge John Roll and 5 others this morning in Tucson. Law enforcement is at house on Soledad Avenue that matches the address of the Jared Loughner who registered as a volunteer at the 2010 Tucson Festival of Books, where this photo was taken.
Related Video

'Introduction: Jared Loughner'
'Introduction: Jared Loughner'

Related Stories

* Related: What was in his head? YouTube reveals grievances on currencies, grammar, religion, Constitution

The man linked to the shooting today of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others is 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner, the Associated Press reported.

Saturday afternoon, police surrounded a house at 7700 N. Soledad Ave., which is the address listed by a man with the same name on a variety of online accounts and in the volunteer registry for the 2010 Tucson Festival of Books. The home is near West Magee Road and North Thornydale Road on the northwest side, about five miles from the shooting scene.

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik would not confirm Loughner is the suspected shooter. He said the person arrested for the shooting is uninjured and uncooperative.

The suspected shooter has made death threats before and been contacted by law-enforcement officers, but the threats weren't against Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Dupnik said. The suspect is unstable, Dupnik said, but the sheriff would not say he is "insane."

A former classmate of Loughner at Pima Community College said he was "obviously very disturbed."

"He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts," said Lynda Sorenson, who took a math class with Loughner last summer at Pima Community College's Northwest campus.

Sorenson doesn't recall if he ever made any threats or uttered political statements but he was very disruptive, she said. He was asked to leave the pre-algebra class several times and eventually was barred from class, said Sorenson, a Tucson resident.

Another Pima classmate, Lydian Ali, said Loughner would frequently laugh aloud to himself during the advanced-poetry class they attended. Only about 16 people were in the class, so Loughner's behavior stood out, Ali said.

"It almost seemed like he was on his own planet, because his comments would have nothing to do with what we were talking about," Ali said.

MySpace, YouTube and Facebook accounts maintained by Loughner suggest he has spent most of his life on the northwest side: His profile says he attended Thornydale Elementary, Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View High School

The online accounts also contain bizarre discussions of a new currency and literacy, as well as threatening and despairing messages.

"WOW! I'm glad i didn't kill myself. I'll see you on National T.v.! This is foreshadow .... why doesn't anyone talk to me?.." he posted on MySpace Dec. 14.

On Dec. 13, he wrote: "I don't feel good: I'm ready to kill a police officer! I can say it."

In a posting on YouTube, Loughner wrote repeatedly about a new currency.

"I'm thinking of creating a new currency," he wrote. "Therefore, I'm thinking of a design for my new coins size, shape, color, material, and image to start a new money system."

He also wrote repeatedly about literacy. In a written message on YouTube, Loughner said: "The majority of people, who reside in District-8 are illiterate - hilarious. I don't control your English grammar structure, but you control your English grammar structure."

In a message posted on his MySpace account, titled "Goodbye friends," Loughner said: "Dear friends...please don't be mad at me. The literacy rate is below 5%. I haven't talked to one person who is literate." It was unclear when it was posted.

In a MySpace profile, Loughner said "My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college."

He lists among his favorite books "Mein Kampf" and "The Communist Manifesto". But he also includes a broad variety of other titles, including: "Animal Farm," "Brave New World," "To Kill a Mockingbird," and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

In another YouTube message, Loughner said: "I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People. Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen."

"In conclusion, my ambition - is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency; in a few days, you know I'm conscience dreaming! Thank you!"

In a YouTube video dated Dec. 15, titled "Introduction: Jared Loughner" the accused gunman describes himself as a U.S. military recruit who had applied to join the Army. The Army, however, said it rejected Lougher as a recruit in 2008.

In the video, Loughner makes a rambling mention of "MEPS in Phoenix" a reference to the Military Entrance Processing Station in the state capital that all Arizona recruits from every branch of service pass through before leaving for basic training.

"Every United States military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix is receiving one mini bible before the tests," it said. "Jared Loughner is a United States military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix. Therefore, Jared Loughner is receiving one mini bible before the tests.

"I didn't write a belief on my Army application and the recruiter wrote on the application: None."

First Sgt. Brian Homme, who oversees Army recruiting in Tucson, said Loughner applied to enlist in December 2008 and was sent to Phoenix to take a test and physical. But "he was found to be unqualified so he never joined the Army," Homme said.

He declined to say why Loughner was rejected, citing confidentiality laws.

Loughner has had at least two minor run-ins with police, according to on-line court records.

In October 2007, Loughner was cited by the Pima County Sheriff's Department for possession of drug paraphernalia, a charge that was dismissed in November 2007 when he completed a diversion program.

One year later, in October 2008, Loughner was charged with a "local charge" in Marana Municipal Court, that charge was also dismissed following the completion of a diversion program in March 2009.

Court records indicate the Marana case file is due to be purged in December 2013. It's unclear what the exact charge was.

Grant Wiens, 22, attended Mountain View High School with Loughner, although they were not in the same grade.

Wiens also took a class at Pima Community College with Loughner, where they occasionally talked, he said.

"He was a guy in high school who definitely had his opinions on stuff and didn't seem to care what people thought of him," Wiens said. "He did his own thing."

Ryan Miller, 19, was a sophomore at Mountain View when Loughner was a senior.

He said Loughner was seemed like a normal kid.

"I was in shock," he said, describing his reaction to the shooting. "I didn't know what possessed someone our age to do something like this."

Stay tuned to StarNet for updates

Page 11 of 40 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (5sdad, Akhutr, Amos63, 673, 7mm_Loco, 14 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,870
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.