Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

This is bad, very bad for our side.

Here is a young white man, obviously deranged, but not a Muslim who shoots a Liberal Democrat Congresswoman with a High cap semi-auto pistol, in gun friendly Arizona. Can't get much worse than that (for us), just hope he isn't an NRA member with a CCW.

This is the Liberal, gunbanners dream scenario, just stand back and watch the MSM go full bore on this and expect more restrictive gun laws.

The only good thing is that this didn't happen in California.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you're done gloating,

.....PLEASE go back to bragging about your own good fortune and wealth.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rockchucker
i know they make the 33 rd 9mm.

some one state he used a glock 45. and i don't believe they make a 30 rounder for that.

Glock makes a 33 rounder for the 9mm, a 22 rounder for the .40 and a 13 for the .45. Can't say what the aftermarkets are producing, but I can state that many aftermarket mags do not function and very few will drop free of the well when empty. That includes the Korean mags that have been popping up lately. Junk, as far as I'm concerned.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a sad friggin' day in America. frown

A tragedy.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ditto that.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.glock.com/english/index_magazines.htm

The news has been reporting it was a 9mm. So I take it the 33 plus 2 according to the glock website?

I can see a lawsuit heading Glocks way and the direction of whoever sold him the gun 3 days ago. (CNN reporting gun was bought 3 days ago)

My family headed into town this afternoon and the road was still closed. Guess its reopened now. Either way it didn't seem like a normal day in Tucson. Did notice there was less traffic out. I am just glad my in laws were not there(thank God for old age). It's just odd to think it happened in my state, my city, affected my neighbors and my community. Most never expect it in their town. I was wrong and I am asshamed because I shoulda known better. I never thought of it.
This situation wakes people up. It has for my family. Sad that this world has turned out so bad.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by denton
Fox reports that a bystander returned fire.

Not done reading all the posts but that's the best news I've heard yet!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I am not gloating, If you are not concerned about the implications of this event I refer you to Columbine and previous high profile shootings.

You may remember some unpleasantness back in the early 60's that led to some law in 1968 that many here do not like.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go back to Bragging,...you do it WAY better.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I am not gloating, If you are not concerned about the implications of this event I refer you to Columbine and previous high profile shootings.

You may remember some unpleasantness back in the early 60's that led to some law in 1968 that many here do not like.

Thanks for the "History lesson", Spankojackoffalus.

I also remember some events SINCE 1968 like Ronald Reagan, after he was the victim of a nearly identical shooting, REPEALED some of the aspects of the GCA of '68.

What ant-gun legislation resulted from Columbine?
The liberal MSM trying to make hay out of a trajedy that had NOTHING to do with the behavior of the average gun owner does not automatically result in ant- gun legislation. It only HIGHLIGHTS the bogus arguments of the Anti gun crowd.

Other than Bill Clinton/ and Rosie O'Donnell trying to sir up schit -NOTHING happened after Columbine. Higher NRA membership and more guns sold. The assult weapons ban still sunsetted a few years later. More CCW states now than ever before. Pretty much only YOUR state's gun laws have steadily gone to hell in a hand basket since then. While you know doubt ,were sailing yachts with your anti-gun freinds.

Most Americans are SMART enough to know their rights should not be sacrificed due to the actions of a nut-job.
In Kalifornia, I am SURE your fellow members of the "Marin County Yacht club" support such bullschit, but here in the Heartland, not so much.

Thanks to the folks in "flyover country" as you call us,we now have a Republican controlled house. They will no doubt send their condolences to the victims BUT will not commit political suicide and hasten more of their membership into early retirement in 2012 by passing any stupid anti-gun legislation over this.

Last edited by jim62; 01/08/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Did anybody notice ABC commie news tonight.

They reported that a reporter asked Gabby's father if she had any more know enemies, he replied,
"The TEA Party".

Damage done.

Of course the Tea Party did this to Gabby.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ya'll need to chill a bit. Spanokopitas is a good dude, and he's just offering his opinion here.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Just a sad friggin' day in America. frown

A tragedy.

Yup,.....and I can't pull down and post stuff I can READ on my computer, which is strange.

Short takes......

"agents in FBI jackets milling about the location."

""We're getting out of here. We are freaked out,"

""He has kind of a troubled past, I can tell you that," Dupnik said. "(Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, and idiot with connections, and a prick with ears)

and THIS,....perhaps the lowest "BLOW" of all

"During his campaign effort to unseat Giffords in November, Republican challenger Jesse Kelly held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle. Kelly is a former Marine who served in Iraq and was pictured on his website in military gear holding his automatic weapon and promoting the event.

"I don't see the connection," between the fundraisers featuring weapons and Saturday's shooting, said John Ellinwood, Kelly's spokesman. "I don't know this person, we cannot find any records that he was associated with the campaign in any way. I just don't see the connection."

..........We hosted Kelly at OUR range , too.

"Firepower Demonstrations" are Not about "Unseating" anybody, they are an old and revered American tradition.

Sad day indeed, and the Libs will lap this kinda' press up like dogs do with the chit from a scouring calf.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Ya'll need to chill a bit. Spanokopitas is a good dude, and he's just offering his opinion here.

Brian.

Oh,...Yah,....

between his bragging and razzing the board in general about his OWN personal good luck, and wealth.

Heads up,....this did NOT go down in California,...and if Arizona wants an opinion from California we'll goddam well ISSUE you one.

That post was ALL about gloating,...[bleep] "Chillin OUT"

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So only Arizonans can talk about something that's national news?

Get off your high horse and go [bleep] yourself dude.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
now now. lets be reasonable here. Next thing I'm gonna read is you guys kissing and making up and then you guys [bleep] each other. This is not broke back mountain. It's 24hourcampfire. LOL

Sorry guys just had to change the mood a bit. Hope it helped.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So only Arizonans can talk about something that's national news?

Get off your high horse and go [bleep] yourself dude.

Brian.

Spano says, "The only good thing is that this didn't happen in California."

Brilliant Statesmanship there,...

.... VERY sensitive "National News" attitude,.....it's almost overwhelming in it's clarity, and lack of bias.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yah; I'm amazed at the amount of ado about nothing.

The shooter is a bad guy, sure enough, because he shot up a bunch of regular folks and killed a kid.

But Giffords? Roll? It's just a politician and a judge, for Pete's sake. Why all the hoopla? Shouldn't government legislators and adjudicators expect to get shot at when they ignore the will of their subjects? Isn't that what the Second Amendment is about? I know government enforcers certainly expect to get shot at when they trample the will of the people: it's why they hide their identities, carry heavy firepower, wear vests, and ride in armored vehicles. Why should the other two branches of the State be any different?

"Congratulations: the computers say you won the election. So: here is the power to tax away our income. Here's the power to regulate away our livelihoods. Here's the power to throw us in prison for doing harmless things you disapprove of. Here's the power to conscript our children and use them up in pointless foreign wars. Here's the power to send thugs to break down our doors in the middle of the night and murder us in our sleep. Here's the power to make radical foreign terrorists so angry at us that they kill us by the thousands.

"Okay...got all that? Can you carry it? You okay? Great: good luck. See you on C-SPAN.

"Oh--wait. One more thing. Almost forgot. Here's a bullseye to wear on your back in case we decide you're getting a bit uppity in the way you use all those powers."

Sounds fair to me.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think anyone wants a tragedy to happen in their locale. I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone, anywhere.

Brian.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
REPEAT!

""The only good thing is that this didn't happen in California."

...indefensible

Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.