Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Fella's........

I just got home and happened to see this schit storm that got started and thought I'd better get my two cents in here before someone shows up at my door with a hangman's noose.

First of all I'd like to state for the record that trespassing on posted land is WRONG and should not be tolerated under any circumstances!

And yes I also agree that technically if one trespasses on someone's land for the purpose of taking game this can be viewed as a form of poaching.

However........and it's a big however......I do believe that this issue is not as black and white as some would like it to be and............ because this is a hunting Forum, it's exactly the place where topics like this should be discussed and if need be, strongly debated.

Since much of the fury here seems to be centered around what a landowner's rights are, let's get right to it!

Of course every landowner has the right to prohibit others from using his land.

But is it "right" in all cases for him to do so?

For example, if someone owns a hundred acres of vacant and unused property and he is approached by a responsible person who politely asks to hunt there and is willing to provide him with their name, address and other landowner references................. he has the right to approve or deny the request of course, but is he "right" to do so?

If a landowner gets a crop damage permit from the state to kill deer that are damaging his crops, he has the right to kill as many as he wants, but is he "right" in denying hunters permission to do the same?

If a landowner get a special tax exemption from the state to set aside a portion of his land for conservation purposes, it's his right to prohibit hunting on this property, but is he "right" in barring hunters that may be subsidizing his tax credit from using the land?

If hunters work their butts off (and pay through licensing fees) to re-introduce various game species into the wild (i.e. turkeys, ducks, grouse, elk etc.), the landowner has the right to prohibit hunters from taking these animals on his land, but is he "right" in doing so?

I could go on and on, but I hope you can see my point about the difference between the right to do something and doing the "right" thing.

It's apparent that I did a lousy job getting this point across in my now famous "Robin Hood" post and you guy's certainly kicked my azz for it.

Holy schit!

But my intent was simply to express the outright frustration felt by many hunters when they try to act responsibly and they are routinely denied access to land without ever receiving even the slightest explanation for why this action was taken.

The landowner has the right to do this of course...............but is he "right" in doing it?

You guys can be the judge of that!

I'm sure you'll promptly inform me of your decision... smirk

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is not required to be "right".
Any whim is reason enough.
Not liking you should be more than enough reason.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
He is not required to be "right".
Any whim is reason enough.
Not liking you should be more than enough reason.
+1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow. You really are just that stupid.

Originally Posted by nemesis
Hi Fella's........

I just got home and happened to see this schit storm that got started and thought I'd better get my two cents in here before someone shows up at my door with a hangman's noose.

First of all I'd like to state for the record that trespassing on posted land is WRONG and should not be tolerated under any circumstances!

And yes I also agree that technically if one trespasses on someone's land for the purpose of taking game this can be viewed as a form of poaching.

However........and it's a big however......I do believe that this issue is not as black and white as some would like it to be and............ because this is a hunting Forum, it's exactly the place where topics like this should be discussed and if need be, strongly debated.

Since much of the fury here seems to be centered around what a landowner's rights are, let's get right to it!

For example, if someone owns a hundred acres of vacant and unused property and he is approached by a responsible person who politely asks to hunt there and is willing to provide him with their name, address and other landowner references................. he has the right to approve or deny the request of course, but is he "right" to do so?

If a landowner gets a crop damage permit from the state to kill deer that are damaging his crops, he has the right to kill as many as he wants, but is he "right" in denying hunters permission to do the same?

If a landowner get a special tax exemption from the state to set aside a portion of his land for conservation purposes, it's his right to prohibit hunting on this property, but is he "right" in barring hunters that may be subsidizing his tax credit from using the land?

If hunters work their butts off (and pay through licensing fees) to re-introduce various game species into the wild (i.e. turkeys, ducks, grouse, elk etc.), the landowner has the right to prohibit hunters from taking these animals on his land, but is he "right" in doing so?

I could go on and on, but I hope you can see my point about the difference between the right to do something and doing the "right" thing.

It's apparent that I did a lousy job getting this point across in my now famous "Robin Hood" post and you guy's certainly kicked my azz for it.

Holy schit!

But my intent was simply to express the outright frustration felt by many hunters when they try to act responsibly and they are routinely denied access to land without ever receiving even the slightest explanation for why this action was taken.

The landowner has the right to do this of course...............but is he "right" in doing it?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ever been shot at Nemesis?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Buddy, the short answer to your several questions is that yes, the landowner is right in everyone of your cases, if that is his desire. We have no say in the matter(s).

I do not understand your logic.

Were you raised in a big city? Help me out here. You justify your stance.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put the bastid on ignore last time this came up. It is not worth arguing with someone who is that stupid. They just drag you down to that level and beat you with experiance.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Since it is my right - it is right. I'm not interested in what others think.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Think of it like a country club. You do not get to piss in the pool unless you get invited and sponsored to join, you have to pay your annual dues, and you have to spend the requisite amount in the restaurant/lounge each month.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Doesn't matter if you pay taxes to keep the road paved up to the main gate.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

See, that's where the disconnect is. It has not a [bleep] [bleep] thing to do with ethics, morals, right, wrong or indifferent. It's ANOTHER MAN'S LAND, BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. WHO THE [bleep] IS ANYONE ELSE TO QUESTION THAT?

Sir, you'd hinted around you and I meeting at a range we both have used. It's my wish that should we ever cross paths, you ignore me. I shall be doing the same. I wish not to be associated with a poacher, in any way, shape or form. A good day, and a good riddance to you, sir.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hi Fella's....

...Since much of the fury here seems to be centered around what a landowner's rights are, let's get right to it!

It's really not your privilege, right, or place to do on someone else's land what the owner doesn't want done on his land...end of argument. You're on the moral low ground here.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I just can't believe someone is stupid enough to admit to this on a public forum..

+2

Game wardens love these guys...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm guessing that Nemisis is of the younger "entitled" crowd. Or was raised by an even bigger idiot.

He's also a weasel. In the "robin hood" post, he clearly admits to doing it. Now he says it's "wrong." Got caught and now trying to back pedal. Too late.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lhonda

See, that's where the disconnect is. It has not a [bleep] [bleep] thing to do with ethics, morals, right, wrong or indifferent. It's ANOTHER MAN'S LAND, BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. WHO THE [bleep] IS ANYONE ELSE TO QUESTION THAT?

You put this in a way that is soooo easy to understand! The logic is crystal clear. Good job.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a landowner, I've had several confrontations with trespassers over the years. All the trespassers were doing so knowingly and all felt entitled.

Shoot a trespasser around here and you'll probably go to jail. I won't say LE is on the side of the trespassers (which is what this is really about rather than strictly poaching) but it leans that way to the extent of not assuming a big gap between the party that owns the property and the one who doesn't if there is a conflict. Not just in Kansas, but in Missouri too. At least, that is the way I view it.

I've seen quite a few posts referencing ordering people off land that the posters didn't really own. I live amongst a bunch of my extended family, some of which I used to farm with. They were constantly bitching about trespassers and relating what should be done if one of us encountered one on any of our land. After a couple of times either being around when one of these jokers encountered a trespasser and also having run some people off their lands (with my relatives ostensibly countenancing it beforehand) I can offer a bit of sage advice. Be sure of who your friends are. Mine would not back me up after the fact. To be brutally honest, they pussed out and left me hanging. I no longer farm with them to any great extent nor even associate with them much. If I tell somebody, "you see an unauthorized person while you're on my land (farming, hunting, whatever) run their ass off," then you can be dammed sure I will tell the cops exactly what I told you if there is a problem. I will also back you up 100% if the trespasser asks me about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
Originally Posted by lhonda

You put this in a way that is soooo easy to understand! The logic is crystal clear. Good job.

Alan
Not really. Maybe it's splitting hairs but it is ALL to do with ethics, morals, right and wrong and most of all LEGALITIES. The latter is what you will be dealing with if you order somebody off and it goes south.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Then it is ok by you if I come by your house without your permission and dic your hot wife as long as you don't know? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes the land owner is right in all cases and doesn't have to explain to anyone why!!! Did your momma have to give you an explaination every time she said no???

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hi Fella's........

Holy schit!

You're either lying now and trying to get out of your admission that you're a poacher, or you were lying then.

I doubt it the latter.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12savage, 65 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,915
Posts18,479,632
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.