Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'll bet that if you will pull the bullets from 2 factory loaded cartridges and the try to pour all of the powder into 1 case it ain't going to fit and leave room to seat the bullet

THER IS NO PROOF OF A DOUBLE CHARGE THE LOAD WAS A FACTORY LOAD

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And a top secret factory load at that...

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by JOG
And a top secret factory load at that...

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got to say that I'm afraid of Glock's at this point. There is no doubt that some of the folks on here have owned more guns than I have, but I've owned quite a few. Only one Glock, a model 20, so I am hardly experienced in Glockdom. I have said many times on here that I didn't like mine because every time you touched a round off it felt like it was going to explode. Now the 10 is a fairly high-powered round, but I've shot it in a number of other pistols, including the Delta Elite, which is not known for an overabundance of strength. It just seems like there are a lot of posted pics and anecdotes about KABOOM's with this brand. At this time, I don't ever intend to own one.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jwp475

I'll bet that if you will pull the bullets from 2 factory loaded cartridges and the try to pour all of the powder into 1 case it ain't going to fit and leave room to seat the bullet

THER IS NO PROOF OF A DOUBLE CHARGE THE LOAD WAS A FACTORY LOAD

In the OP it is stated that it was a over charged case and ammo company has refunded the money on the other ammo they guy had. I am pretty damn sure if the ammo company says it was a over charged case they are damn sure it was thier mistake.

If you read the OP I don't know how you can take it the wrong way.

Dink

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

OP posted "Offered" doesn't say he has "recieved". The OP alos posted "overcharged round" does not say "double charged"
This is your first post and that is what I responded to.

Originally Posted by DINK
No one can blame the pistol for coming apart with a double charged load.

I have seen pictures of some ruger redhawks that came apart with double charged loads. Hardly the pistols fault.

Dink

I see you have changed from "double charge" to "over charged" yet none of that has been proven as of yet

Do you jump to conclusions when you investigate a crime?

Last edited by jwp475; 02/16/11.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm not a Glockophile...but I'm familiar with one major city that has used them for more years than I can remember, in .40 cal and with hundreds of pistols and thousands of rounds, they haven't had any kboom issues that I've heard about. I'll contact an officer/trainer to be sure, but considering the number or guns out there and the number of kbooms, it's got to be rare.

Still, my hands are more important to me than status symbols. So, I'll stick to the pistols I know don't have a potential issue.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
guys,i talked to the owner of the ammo company yesterday and he plainly stated that the load had to have been to hot. he said he had know idea how that would have happened . i guess it does happen from time to time with all ammo companies,know ones runs anything at 100% ,there has to be some bad ones. we'll see what he does.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
know, no, too, to

It's a confusing language.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I've got to say that I'm afraid of Glock's at this point. There is no doubt that some of the folks on here have owned more guns than I have, but I've owned quite a few. Only one Glock, a model 20, so I am hardly experienced in Glockdom. I have said many times on here that I didn't like mine because every time you touched a round off it felt like it was going to explode. Now the 10 is a fairly high-powered round, but I've shot it in a number of other pistols, including the Delta Elite, which is not known for an overabundance of strength. It just seems like there are a lot of posted pics and anecdotes about KABOOM's with this brand. At this time, I don't ever intend to own one.

I love my G20
exciting stuff there!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
well the 40 is a higher pressure round i think on that we all agree and the the glock is not a fully supported chamber so with that the risk of this happening is incressed. now i am not a glock junkie but do have 2( a 30-45 and 31-357sig and carry one on a daily basis ) i know there has been some cases of ka-booms mostly with 40's and than 9's next in line but now days with the internet if it happens to 1 pistol it gets posted evey where and you would think half of them out there blew up if there was a major problem with this l beleive there would be a recall . glock tells you no reloaded ammo i will be the first to admit i do run my reloads(not lead)
for practic rounds cant afford to buy that much factory ammo i do watch for "bludged" cases and discard them that being said there is a lot of factory ammo out there that uses "recondioned" brass and i bet they dont check their brass as well as most handloaders combine that with a high pressure round and IF they had "reconditioned" brass and an over charge and a not fully supported chamber you get the idea but it could have been a defective pistol but not likley

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I think it would be a good idea to identify the ammo company and lot number.

It could save someone else from injury.

Agreed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think most have heard of Glock kabooms before, but in its defense, other than the greatest handgun ever made,(1911), the Glock is probably the most popular handgun in existance today. Most other manufactures are doing there best to play catch up, in the polymer framed defensive handgun market.
Shooting can be a dangerous activity, I think manufactures try to make it as safe as possible, but accidents sometimes happen. Accidents and kabooms have happened with every type of firearm at one time or another for whatever reason. Statisticaly they will happen more often with the most widely owned types.
More poeple die on the highways then from firearm accidents, that doesnt mean im gonna stop driving anytime soon, not sellin my glocks either, just like driving a car, im gonna be as safe and aware as I can while doing something I enjoy. Just my 2cents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He said he talked to the owner of the ammo company. Call me crazy, but if I call Winchester, Remington, etc... I'm not gonna get the owner on the line to chat. I'm betting this was a small outfit. Perhaps one of the many small outfits claiming to have the best +P+ loads and crap like that. Name the damn company. If they make it right, we can respect that company. If they don't, it's a good way for us to know to avoid them. In any case, if they can overcharge a .40 to the point it blows up a pistol (even a plastic one with an unsupported chamber), people should have that info. If they admitted to being at fault, you're not trash talking them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flinch444
More poeple die on the highways then from firearm accidents, that doesnt mean im gonna stop driving anytime soon,

But I bet you're not driving a Pinto with a full tank of gas. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jwp475: Two things - YOU don't know anything about relaoding 40 S&W ammo obviously - AND I have been around and shot more Glocks than YOU will ever see in your lifetime and I have NEVER seen one go KABOOM to date!
Not one!
Something was catastrophically wrong with that 40 S&W factory ammo - NOT with the Glock.
Sounds like the ammo company agrees with ME!
Like someone else mentioned from what I see in the enclosed pictures that Glock held together pretty well!
I have NO plans what so ever to sell ANY of my Glocks as a result of this incident.
Maybe YOU could enlighten the rest of us as to which 40 S&W pistol YOU would guarantee that would have held up better under this circumstance?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I see the eggspurt on everything under the sun has spoken....should be a dead issue now. crazy

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by flinch444
More poeple die on the highways then from firearm accidents, that doesnt mean im gonna stop driving anytime soon,

But I bet you're not driving a Pinto with a full tank of gas. laugh

You got that right. Dont drive a grand cherokee either, same problem.
If I thought there was a problem with Glocks, I wouldnt own one. I just dont see it as the guns fault when it was almost every time, an ammo issue. Some of the toughest guns ever made have been blown to pieces due to ammo issues. It can happen with pretty much anything. It probably does happen more with glocks, because there are more of them out there.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jwp475

OP posted "Offered" doesn't say he has "recieved". The OP alos posted "overcharged round" does not say "double charged"
This is your first post and that is what I responded to.

Originally Posted by DINK
No one can blame the pistol for coming apart with a double charged load.

I have seen pictures of some ruger redhawks that came apart with double charged loads. Hardly the pistols fault.

Dink

I see you have changed from "double charge" to "over charged" yet none of that has been proven as of yet

Do you jump to conclusions when you investigate a crime?

Over charged or double charged it really matters not. The end result is to much [bleep] powder in the case. Know one even know if the right powder is in the case.

Are you always this slow or only when your on the internet?

Dink

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I always thought the Glock Kaboom was a ultra rare occurance that was prepetuated by the G haters club.

Until....dec 17, 2010

Lesson learned.
Do Not shoot reloads in any HP Glock barrel.

Listen to Glock, they know their gun and it's limitations.

Could a 1911 kaboom?
Sure? the result may be more catastrophic! ?
Like a powder magazine. The stronger the container the bigger the bang!

I will contiunue to enjoy my G 20 and do EVERYthing in my power
to never see another kaBoom, in my grip!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If anyone has their thong in a twist over G23's going kaboom, please send them to me. I will dispose of them for you properly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (7mmStwer, 01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 10 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.