Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Oh what a topic! smile

Mc Carver drives me nuts because he explains EVEREYTHING like he is talking to kindergarteners....

Joe Morgan needs to take an English class...

But the worst, and I mean the absolute worst, I mean he will make you puke in your mouth, is Jerry Coleman for San Diego. I can't listen to him... He BUTCHRES the game!

I have had 50 years of listening to Vin Scully of the Dodgers, the absolute Master of baseball play by play.

Ovis_Chaser

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Growing up in So. Cal, the only reason I listened to Dodger games, was because of Vin. He weaves a story throughout the game, that is just magical.

You want bad...listen to the dopes for the Tx. Rangers.

Last edited by sactoller; 04/01/11.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
I grew up listening to Dizzy Dean and Buddy Blattner. Falstaff beer was one of the major sponsors. Ol' Diz was a hoot.

I loved Diz and Pewee Reese together. Diz once said "Look at that! He slupt when he slud into second."

You just don't get that play-byplay anymore. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fluffy
I like Bert. laugh
Circle me,daggit!

I like Blyleven also... He makes the game fun.. But Uecker is my favorite to listen to on the radio.. He's the only reason I ever listen to a Brewers game..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guys who do the Indians games are really bad. If a call goes against their team, they'll still be obsessing over it four innings later. Announcers from Tampa Bay are also pretty bad.

McCarver does over analyze. He would be more enjoyable if he would talk half as much. But I have learned a lot from him and I think he is far from the worst announcer in MLB.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
on radio...in Cleveland Ohio
Mudcat ( Mudflap ) Grant!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe Morgan....next would be McCarver going over every little basic detail of the game, like he's coaching a little league team. I loved it when Deon Sanders dumped a bucket of water on his head.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Morgan sidekick, Jon Miller, has a mouth full of nothing at all to add to the game. Glad they're gone from ESPN Sundays!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ovis_Chaser

McCarver drives me nuts because he explains EVERYTHING like he is talking to kindergartners....

Joe Morgan needs to take an English class...

BINGO..!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You guys got it all wrong. Its the diamondbacks announcing crew.

One who is a vegetarian is not living life too the fullest.
IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I am very happy that Morgan and Miller are gone from the Sunday night ESPN crew... While Miller is a skilled play by play man, he couldn�t keep from being a Giants homer... Bringing up the Giants and Barry Bonds even when it wasn�t relevant. Or as Morgan would say Barerrie Bonds...

Miller's Spanish speaking ability is fantastic... I have to give him props on that. He is the most skilled bi-lingual announcer in the big leagues. I am glad he made the Hall of Fame... Morgan belongs in the Hall of Shame! Ovis_Chaser

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
tim mcarver and joe buck SUCK ! I PUT THE T.V ON MUTE AND LISTENED TO THE RADIO BROADCAST during the playoffs.

favorite was dave neihouse, and of course harry carey. his kid skip isn't to bad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After the pleasure of listening to the likes of HOF'ers Ernie Harwell, Al Kaline & George Kell (the Tigers have been VERY fortunate in this regard) nearly ALL the rest suck to me.

Vin Scully and Uecker are about the best. Rest all suck.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like most folks don't like the network guys like Buck and McCarver. Should let the local broadcast crew do all the TV games especially the playoffs. Phillies had Harry Kallas and Richie Ashburn for the longest time and they were a pleasure to listen to on TV or the radio. Before that By Sahm, another great broadcast voice. All homers but they also had some insight too.

Watching the Yankees/Tigers game right now. These two knuckleheads, Buck/McCarver, can't shutup. Let the game happen.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jon Miller is the the worst that I have heard. Joe Morgan is next. Together they make a game unwatchable.

I started watching baseball because of the Atlanta Braves TBS crew in the early 90's, especially Skip Carey. I miss him badly. However, his son Skip is completely excellent and his partner Joe Simpson provides a great battery mate. Watching a game with them is like watching it with good friends. I rarely miss a game.

I think Vin Scully is the best there has ever been.

RS

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Jon Miller and Joe Morgan, the best in the business....

McCarver is horrible, and is a moron!!!

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
And I'd strike any of you DSMFers OUT!!!!
Hahhahaha

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
ESPN as a whole... outta New England. How much more of a Boston love fest can we get?... Another Red Sox movie / documentary, being advertised... how bout' a money trail movie, of the various taxes paid by sox / yanks to teams like the Twins, so that they can pay a catcher 189 mil, for 9 homers!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,924
Posts18,479,785
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.