-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, Brian, I'm an old guy who doesn't like to wear reading glasses, so I use them big azzed fonts on my display. Rick

I'm better when I move.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am in for Sat. April 30th 12:00 at the cook house.
Allan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spano,

I will be there at the cookhouse at noon on the 30th. My wife is not sure she wants to attend unless there will be some other spouse's or girl friends going as well.

I am interested in seeing if anybody is bringing a guest?

Daveyreka

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
G
G

Hello Fellas,
I find it interesting to see you talking about the Samoa Cookhouse. I was born and raised there . One of my best friends at the Samoa school lived at the Cookhouse because his Dad ran the cookhouse in those days for the working men that lived in the bunk houses. Him and I often ate there amoung the men .My dad was a millwright at the sawmill and in the early days it was Hammond Lumber Co., later Georgia Pacific .I am trying to imagine where a rifle range would be within 3 minutes of the cookhouse . Awe the memories ,Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I might bring Boolitt Bob.

I asked The Wife if she would like to attend and she said, "I'd enjoy that about as much as you enjoy tea with my mother and us girls. You go fart and scratch and talk bullets and tell dirty, racist, filthy, sexist, homophopic jokes and have a good time. I'll be here when you get home."

Damn, I love that woman.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunBuff

Hello Fellas,
I find it interesting to see you talking about the Samoa Cookhouse. I was born and raised there . One of my best friends at the Samoa school lived at the Cookhouse because his Dad ran the cookhouse in those days for the working men that lived in the bunk houses. Him and I often ate there amoung the men .My dad was a millwright at the sawmill and in the early days it was Hammond Lumber Co., later Georgia Pacific .I am trying to imagine where a rifle range would be within 3 minutes of the cookhouse . Awe the memories ,Jim

Howdy Jim,
My Grandpa used to eat at the Cookhouse on a regular basis too. That was back in the days before they put the highway around the bay, and you had to cross on a ferry. He worked for Georgia Pacific IIRC. I know my father did later.

If you are headed from Eureka and going north through Samoa to Arcata, the rifle range is just before you get to the mill and the railroad crossing. It's just a small place right off the beach.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
"You go fart and scratch and talk bullets and tell dirty, racist, filthy, sexist, homophopic jokes and have a good time."

Damn, she's setting the bar high. I don't know if I know enough dirty, racist, filthy, sexist, homophobic jokes to meet her expectations.

Also, if any of you fart around me, I'll be obligated to rip your heart out with my bare hands. You have been warned.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
G
G
Brian ,
I have often read your post on the Fire and I hear you talk about places that are familiar to me . When my dad worked at the plant we lived in a company house one of 4 that were not in the Samoa village itself . The 4 houses were right where the bridge from Eureka touches down on the Samoa side . There used to be a railroad Roundhouse there. My stomping grounds.When I was in the lower grades at school the High School kids had to take the ferry to Eureka High School . The year before I finished grade 8 they started sending the high schoolers to Arcata . I was sure glad of that . It's good to here from home , Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Gun Buff---You would certainly be welcome and you don't even need directions.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
G
G

Spano I'm getting a little too old . I would never make it on time and I think my arms would get a little tired flying from Australia . But I surely would like to be there ,Jim

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whooooooooooo boy, you sure made it a long ways from home!

I'm still living within 10 miles of the hospital I was born in. I guess I'm just not very ambitious.

Brian.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Spano I'm getting a little too old . I would never make it on time and I think my arms would get a little tired flying from Australia . But I surely would like to be there ,Jim

Not to worry, Mate, they have these things called areoplanes now. Save your arms and jump on one. Bring the Sheila with you. WB and I'll pick you up in my lorry at ACV and stand you a pint at the local.

Good on you and 'gday.---Spano

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just found this thread - Is it 12:00 on Saturday the 30th at the Cookhouse for certain.

Because I think I could make it then.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heck, I will make it. Count me in.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

G
G

Brian I was probably born at the same hospital as you , the General in Eureka ,altho probably a diferent day .
Spano my sheila is a Sharon that hails from Mckinleyville . By the way they do have good beer over here (buckets or pints).
I hope you all have a good get together and I will be thinking of you on the day . Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not going. I've already been there.

That ... and it's a two day drive from my house. smile

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm in.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian I was probably born at the same hospital as you , the General in Eureka ,altho probably a diferent day .

Actually, I was born at the Mad River Hospital in Arcata. My old man though was born in the old General Hospital when it was in Henderson Center.

Brian.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
See you there.
Frank

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spano,

Will be arriving in Eureka on Friday and staying at the Bayshore Best Western. Wife (aka Warden) wants to go shopping so I will be solo at the Cookhouse at noon on Saturday. Looking forward to putting faces with names.

I will be the one with my left arm raised most of the time (to save my watch and jewelry) because I expect the crap to be very deep if Brian (Wheelchairbandit) is up to his usual antics. Hope he brings pictures or better yet dancing girls because I will have a fist full of singles for a lap dance. Yeeee Haaawww

Daveyreka

Last edited by daveyreka; 04/19/11.

The toughest thing about doing nothing is knowing when you are finished?
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 69 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,400
Posts18,506,951
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.