Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by DayPacker
Hopefully they will not push the earth off of its orbit. The recoil from a laser that size should be astonomical.

omg! if the shot is made from the wrong direction, the earthen might stop it's traditional spin? and if it stops spinning, it might fall over on it's side and go wobbling through the heavens, before stopping at the edge of a great abyss
Now that's funny.
Ironically funny... but...

Are you trying to be clever? smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
One of these days, we're going to pick a lock, open a door... and REALLY not like what we find on the other side.

My thoughts, as well.
Hard to find a hard enough backdrop for that thing.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I mean, people get exited when you shoot a .22 into the air on New Years Eve, and rightfully so.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There were a lot of surprised people that found out the earth wasn't flat.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
There were a lot of surprised people that found out the earth wasn't flat.
Especially those from Iowa.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just gotta wonder if when they shoot tha dang thing off, if'n they is gonna hit somebody's planet that is a gonna SHOOT BACK ! Gotta go practice my duck and cover drills. Also would suggest these scientists strap their asses on to the porcelein waste conveyance so when the inevitable "HOLY [bleep]" happens, they are prepared to deal with it without leaving a trail of waste behind them to mark their passage into the unknown. Can you imagine how embarassing it would be to have our first ambassadors to another dimension arrive covered in their own feces?

Flower Child

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought aliens were going to invade us because we are violent and increasing our technology. wouldn't this be the lynch pin in the whole deal?

I can see a committee of aliens sitting around a large desk made of some silvery material all debating our future, then someone flys in with the story on our giant lazer, and they say, ok enough is enough lets vaporize earth. boom, we're all dead. ask the democraps, it will happen, we must plan for it.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Imagine the global warming from a laser this size? Wait until Al Gore hears about this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Karnis
What kind of Leupie would you have to put on that thing?

Leupie ... ? No, no.

Strap the Hubble to that bad boy. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fish head

Leupie ... ? No, no.

+1 laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head

Leupie ... ? No, no.

Thought about that but I think the lenses were put in backwards. I'd hate to think what the muzzle flash would be on that one. eek

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Steve
Good point. Just to be safe use a big pile of 10pF caps.

One of my BIL's used to work "pulsed power" projects for General Dynamics (military lasers) and currently (pun intended) holds the record for building the worlds' largest electric bomb. The capacitor they were testing, roughly twice the physical size of a 55 gal drum (he declined to give the capacity laugh ), malfunctioned and destroyed the test chamber which was constructed of 6" thick reinforced concrete slabs, collapsing the roof, and blowing the walls out.

They successfully created the capacitors needed for the project and he has since moved on to other pulsed power projects for other companies.

Ed

Sounds like a project a guy I know worked on:

Stop a 500hp electric motor from full rpm to full stop in 1/2 of a revolution with a combination of electrical, and mechanical brakes....

Didn't work, but the end results were VERY loud and impressive !!

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,900
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.