Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5875488 12/03/11
M
moon222 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Are Hoyt bows made better?? In regard to bearings & Limb pockets??

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hoyt has many years of experience with quality manufacturing and they build one of the most bulletproof products on the market.

Are they better....than what exactly? All of the top brand name manufacturers make a very good bow..... I've put thousands of arrows through Hoyts, Mathews, Bowtech bows and all were excellent.

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Howyt's are very good bows but so are alot of other brands.If you asked what is the very best compound bow on the market today,you would probably get atleast 10 different answers...Some things on a bow are more important to some shooters than others which makes the best,a personal choice thing.

Jayco

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dunno about that, but I've got a couple of Hoyt recurves from the 1970's that still shoot very well. Never bothered buying any other bows.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This comes down to a lot of personal opinion, some based on facts some not. The big three all make very good bows that if taken care of properly will last you more then a lifetime. Of course bows will advance in a lifetime so many feel the need or just want to buy the new stuff. Every company in every industry has that 10% that slips thru the QA department over the years. So you will hear stories of people that have had or know someone that had a bad experiance with every company. So I am not going to tell you who has the "best bows". What I will tell you is that for over 25 years I have been shooting Hoyt compound bows. I have had one issue with a Hoyt bow that was totally my own fualt as I fell walking into my stand in the dark crossing a typical New England stonewall. Hoyt replaced the limbs in three business days no questions asked.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep, Hoyt has great customer service. I own 4 hoyts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 32" Alphamax and couldn't be any more pleased but my Bear Truth 2 has never disappointed me either.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hoyts are great bows, I just prefer Mathews a little more. Simplicity of design and the ultra thin limbs of the Mathews give them the edge for ME.

It's all just a matter of opinion.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I have two Hoyt Ultratecs that have performed flawlessly since 2003 they make great bows, but wouldn't mind trying a Matthews to see if I have been missing anything!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have owned and shot Hoyt bows for most of my adult life. I have won several State championships, countless regional tournaments, and taken the majority of my archery killed big game animals with my Hoyts.

I have a pretty stong brand loyalty to them.

I have shot others but always seem to come back to them. I know there is a lot of subjectivity to "the best". I just always liked their products and their customer service, in the few times I have needed it, has been outstanding.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have no brand loyalty when it comes to bows. There isn't a bad bow made by anybody nowadays. Right now I'm shooting a Hoyt, but I've also owned a Mathews and PSE. It comes down to what specs you want and what feels good for you. You need to figure out what you want in specs and shoot a few side by side. You'd be surprised that a lot of times the bow you think you want based off all the internet talk, isn't the bow you buy.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
With regards to Hoyt's bearings and limb pockets being better than other brands parts, I have found them to be of good quality and have had very few problems with them as a bowtech for the past four years.

Other than owner abuse, I have not seen any failures. By this I mean dry fires, for the most part....but I have found that bearings can and will also fail over time from people who draw and shoot with poor form, as the bearings are subjected to torque forces that they are not designed for. You will also want to keep an eye on your top cam for cam lean. It is nice to see that Hoyt is now serving there yoke on the cable, so that cam lean can now be corrected.

But I have to also say that I have found the same results with Mathews, Bowtech, PSE, Bear, Quest, and Athens.

Customer service from Hoyt has been good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ive shot Mathews for the past 8yrs (Icon, Switchback,Switchback Xt,DXT)getting ready to buy a new bow not sure if a Bowtech Destroyer 340 or a Hoyt CR35,they are all good bows .buy the one that feels best

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I shot Mathews for years and still own my original Q2XL but had a little falling out with the local dealer so went over to Hoyt. I've owned three diffrent Hoyts over the past few years, Viper Tec, Alpha Max, and now a CRX. In general I prefer the Hoyt grip to the Mathews. I also shoot an Elite Pure. I guess each one had its own unique qualities that I liked. I like the Elite for the smooth draw and valley for 3D and spots but prefer the CRX for the hard wall for hunting. I have mended ways with the Mathew dealer over time but just haven't found a good reason to leave Hoyt.

[Linked Image]
D
dcd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
was a pse loyalist but hoyt changed that.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Count me in as a big Hoyt fan. I really can't say if their design is better, but I've never had a problem after thousands of shots through by Vectrix. I've shot the Matthews but really can't warm up to their feel, particularly the grip. Purely a personal preference issue of course.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
well its like this if you have an eye for quality you can look at a hoyt and recognize it.if you like 2nd hand stuff then the other brands may be for you.i have never had a hoyt fail me in 10 years and 10 different bows.before i shot hoyt i shot another brand bow that uses those cheap 5 dollar limbs and they broke.nuff said

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a older Hoyt that looks like crap but it is a awesome bow to shoot.

To be honest, I do not like the looks of the newer Hoyt's. If I had the funds I would buy a Bowtech or Stroher SX-1.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by B_Lance
Hoyt has many years of experience with quality manufacturing and they build one of the most bulletproof products on the market.

Are they better....than what exactly? All of the top brand name manufacturers make a very good bow..... I've put thousands of arrows through Hoyts, Mathews, Bowtech bows and all were excellent.

All the top manufacturers bows are pretty equal. Or they wouldn't stay in business long. They all make good bows. It depends on you needs, style, and preferences.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hoyt is a great old time American archery brand. I really tried and want to love them. I just cannot get past those ugly risers. What the hell were/are they thinking? I wish they could just use a regular riser like everyone else. I have seen others say the same thing, so I guess I am not alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 46 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.