Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Brian;

That's only going back under 36 months, and searching merely the word "pray". Want to wonder what'd be shown for searching further back and under more words that you disdain?

Care to figure where the impression you leave comes from, and where the self-righteous snickering is easily seen when someone of faith dies?

You brought this upon yourself. Have the dignity to slink away, leave Christmas relatively intact, or perhaps the honor to realize that Scott was correct in the assertion he made as to your intent across MANY threads...and just leave.

Of course, you'll do none of that.

Merry Christmas.

GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
agreed! we saw a record breaking White Christmas last year.

quite a sight to see. it's quite time to relax and allow the Christmas season to manifest.

to go a step further, we're eyeing collard greens, and black-eyed peas, with baked porkchops for New Year's Day. and i haven't forgotten the cornbread and sliced onions either.

Merry Christmas, y'all, for about the thousand's time.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Brian;
I must confess that I've come and gone about a dozen times from your post trying to determine what, if any my response would or even should be.

After some prayer for wisdom Brian, I've begun to type.

We've exchanged PM's Brian and have had what I considered to be a pleasant phone conversation. I find much in common with many of yours posts, not all to be sure, but still as we're from the same geographic area and share many common interests on most things I can at least understand where you are coming from.

I've eaten two meals with Scott thus far, one of which was at our home on the deck. Scott knows that he and his family have a standing invitation to return to our home anytime. I'll add that I've phoned, emailed and PM'd Scott on a myriad of occasions and have always and without exception felt I was a better man for doing so.

In terms of this forum Brian and truly in the greater scheme of things, it's not within the scope of my ability to compel anyone to act more charitably towards their fellow humans.

Although I do strive for - sometimes indeed falling far short of the goal - nonetheless I do try to post and for that matter to live in such a way that reflects well upon the God who I've chosen to serve. I am acutely aware that daily I fall short, but with His help and guidance hopefully I'll make some headway.

I write the last part only to try to better articulate where I'm coming from when I say that from the bottom of my heart Brian, I hope and also pray that you and your family have a good Christmas together.

All the best in 2012 to you all as well.

Dwayne

Sir, we have never met, or even conversed, but I have always watched your posts.
You must surely be one of the finest examples of Christian character that I have run into.
How anyone can take issue with the source of your strength and character is a complete mystery to me.

+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
BC, let it go. we're dealing with folks on tons of different wave-lengths or octaves. just leave it alone. evil (lack of information) just feeds off it's self. forget salving an ego. it can't be done on this Earth-plane. just let it go, and pray for forgiveness to all, because of their lack of understanding.

just assume everyone means well, especially here on the Internet, and let it go at that.

the Sun is rising higher in the sky every day, and that forecasts a warm spring and a hot summer. grin

BCB's in good company.

re-phrase,....APPROPRIATE, AND SUITABLE "COMPANY".

One's as bright as the other is cute.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Brian, think for a second.

� How many Campfire folks, do you reckon, had paid much attention to what Scott F said that bothered you so much?

� How many Campfire folks, do you reckon, had remembered the slightest whisper of what Scott F said before you reminded us all of what only a few of us had read? (How many of us, do you reckon, would have to resurrect Scott's pertinent post to see what he'd said?)

� NOW � how many Campfire folks have seen a decidedly unattractive even repulsive manifestation of your ego?

� Are you satisfied that you've done what you set out to do?

� Are you satisfied with what it has cost us all?

It cost you squat Ken.

Why why why - would a Christian post such lies about another forum member?

Why isn't anyone here - asking that?

Brian,

With respect, it has nothing to do with Christian vs Non Christian.

Did you ever stop to thing that it may be just one man disagreeing with another man. Problem is you have to make everything about your belief, or lack thereof, in a higher power, so that you can play the victim. You play the victim card again and again to justify your behavior, because if you didn't your posts would have no relevance and wouldn't get as much play.

Beyond that you already took this up with Scott in the original thread that he mentioned it, so why the urge to defend your honor again? Attention whoring is the term, and doing this today is nothing more than verification of the same.

Again Merry Christmas and God Bless.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To quote an old axiom,..."This Thread is NOTHING without pics"

Could someone pose the shot of BCB doing his "Tucson Shooter /Jarrod Laughner"" schtick.

Than this thread will fizzle out.

If the sorry azzwhole had a hair on his behind he could have DRIVEN down to Scott F's place, said this to his face, and been home by dark.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BCBrian
I'll quit this forum - forever.

Please do that. You're embarrassing to the rest of us here in Canada.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The existence of any admitted Christian is a threat to the complacency of a certain breed of atheist.

That's why they're so obsessively anti-Christian.

Only by thoroughly discrediting every vestige of Christianity can they hope to find any semblance of spiritual calm.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just find it amusing that anyone would care what another man thinks as far as religion goes. I have friends that are Mormon, Catholic, Baptists and even some that are atheists. My friends are what they are, and I am not gonna get in a conversation with them over why my beliefs are better than their beliefs.

A friend is not a feller who is taken in by sham....
A friend is one who knows our faults and doesn't give a damn...

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or have a good day off or stay safe working...Whatever winds your watch...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mr. Winston Churchill had a few thoughts on these affairs as they are nothing new under the sun.

�If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.�

�Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.�

�We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out�

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Brian;

That's only going back under 36 months, and searching merely the word "pray". Want to wonder what'd be shown for searching further back and under more words that you disdain?

Care to figure where the impression you leave comes from, and where the self-righteous snickering is easily seen when someone of faith dies?

You brought this upon yourself. Have the dignity to slink away, leave Christmas relatively intact, or perhaps the honor to realize that Scott was correct in the assertion he made as to your intent across MANY threads...and just leave.

Of course, you'll do none of that.

Merry Christmas.

And this gem...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5057079/Re_God_was_busy#Post5057079

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Could someone pose the shot of BCB doing his "Tucson Shooter /Jarrod Laughner"" schtick.

Than this thread will fizzle out.

If the sorry azzwhole had a hair on his behind he could have DRIVEN down to Scott F's place, said this to his face, and been home by dark.

GTC

Well, between that and the "reknowned 'christian'" Barak saying that a little girl in Arizona ought to have died because she was genetically inferior and destined to be a politician....

Helluva pair.

Merry Christmas, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think ScottF is one of the best dudes here, I think Brian is just trying to start chit. .02

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well, between that and the "reknowned 'christian'" Barak saying that a little girl in Arizona ought to have died because she was genetically inferior and destined to be a politician....

Helluva pair.

Merry Christmas, right?

Just goes to show that no religion, nor lack thereof, has a monopoly on evil.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Brian;
I must confess that I've come and gone about a dozen times from your post trying to determine what, if any my response would or even should be.

After some prayer for wisdom Brian, I've begun to type.

We've exchanged PM's Brian and have had what I considered to be a pleasant phone conversation. I find much in common with many of yours posts, not all to be sure, but still as we're from the same geographic area and share many common interests on most things I can at least understand where you are coming from.

I've eaten two meals with Scott thus far, one of which was at our home on the deck. Scott knows that he and his family have a standing invitation to return to our home anytime. I'll add that I've phoned, emailed and PM'd Scott on a myriad of occasions and have always and without exception felt I was a better man for doing so.

In terms of this forum Brian and truly in the greater scheme of things, it's not within the scope of my ability to compel anyone to act more charitably towards their fellow humans.

Although I do strive for - sometimes indeed falling far short of the goal - nonetheless I do try to post and for that matter to live in such a way that reflects well upon the God who I've chosen to serve. I am acutely aware that daily I fall short, but with His help and guidance hopefully I'll make some headway.

I write the last part only to try to better articulate where I'm coming from when I say that from the bottom of my heart Brian, I hope and also pray that you and your family have a good Christmas together.

All the best in 2012 to you all as well.

Dwayne

I am reiterating but, great post. I would stand beside Scott at anytime.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish the rancor could stop for a day or two over Christmas, at least over Christmas.

I wish both a sincere Merry Christmas.

L2S

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� If the sorry azzwhole had a hair on his behind he could have DRIVEN down to Scott F's place, said this to his face, and been home by dark.

� if he didn't waste too much time lying on his back with plus signs for eyes and tweety birds circling his head. grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Wouldn't happen. Scott and his lovely wife would have invited him for Christmas eve dinner and offered him a warm place to spend the night.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GTC

Ax and thou shalt receive...enjoy..

[Linked Image]

And now, everybody should do the same as I and quite a few others have done and put this jerk on "IGNORE." It's easy.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wouldn't happen. Scott and his lovely wife would have invited him for Christmas eve dinner and offered him a warm place to spend the night.

Yep!

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (35, 35WhelenNut, 7mm_Loco, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 15 invisible), 977 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,889
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.