-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Michael Reagan and Rush both defending Newt. How could any conservative vote for a guy that voted for Carter and then Mondale against Reagan??!! Then supported Paul Tsongas. That would be Mitt. We just don't need another wimpy azz candidate.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Rush comes on at 1:00 PM in Grants Pass. In his opening monolog he said Nancy Reagan and Michael Reagan are endorcing Neut. He said Neut was one of Reagan's best suporters.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It boils down to money. A lot of people have invested a LOT of money in Romney and they will do anything to see their guy win. That's just the way it is. You can't blame them either, they had to make a call, and they did.

Unfortunately for them, the average Joe will vote for the person that they will benefit from most without that kind of investment.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Newt is and always has been in this thing for Newt, not for Reagan or anybody else. Just Newt.

Steve, I think to some extent, that's what voters like about him. He doesn't seem the type that would have to call the NAACP or Goldman Sachs before making a decision. I can also see why that would make the GOP consider him dangerous.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Newt gives the term "loose cannon" new meaning.

Did he really say we ought to colonize the Moon and make it a state? Tell me he didn't.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Did he really say we ought to colonize the Moon and make it a state? Tell me he didn't.

ah come on. drop the attachment to the status quo. where's your sense of adventure, your sense of excitement?

wha't wrong with setting up a big observatory on the backside of the moon to better observe the universe?

are you stuck down here on the Urth with the descendents of the pyramid builders? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes he did. Romney agreed, but added that any aliens would have to self-deport when we moved in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan V
I do believe we're going to hear from a lot of conservatives that Newt has torn his pants about Reagan.....and he's been living off his Reagan like positions.

Can't see where a real Reagan conservative is a bad thing.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yes he did. Romney agreed, but added that any aliens would have to self-deport when we moved in.

laugh

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Vote for the man who has a decent chance of beating BHO.

I'm thinking that if The Newt is nominated he could go down in a Goldwater style landslide.

I like him but don't at all like his chances in the Big One.

I have endorsed Romney and re-affirm that endorsement.

Did you miss the Reagan style landslide for Newt in South Carolina?

The total increase in Republican turnout in South Carolina from 2008 was greater than the entire Iowa turnout.

Exit polls showed that over 50 percent of the religious and fiscal conservatives supported the Tea Party.

I know that as we wait for tonight�s debate to unfold the Newt/Mitt polls are all over the place.

I suggest that the South Carolina vote is the best poll we got.

Until Tuesday night in Florida.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It boils down to money. A lot of people have invested a LOT of money in Romney and they will do anything to see their guy win. That's just the way it is. You can't blame them either, they had to make a call, and they did.

Unfortunately for them, the average Joe will vote for the person that they will benefit from most without that kind of investment.
Good observation. And money invested means influence, and that influence they purchased at great cost will disappear, making their huge investment a total loss, if he doesn't win it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

COCOA, Florida- Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich wants to set aside 10 percent of NASA's budget "for prizes" in space competitions. Gingrich discussed the space program Wednesday in Brevard County on Florida's Space Coast. He is campaigning ahead of the Jan. 31 Republican presidential primary.

"It is tragic to see what has happened" to the American space program, Gingrich told supporters at a rally. He professed "a deep passion" about space exploration dating back to the late 1950s.
Saying prizes inspire competitors to race to be first to make technological breakthroughs, Gingrich suggested $10 billion as a prize for a way to reach Mars quickly. That number would be considerably more than 10 percent of NASA's entire 2011 budget of about $18 billion.
Gingrich said his proposals "are going to make some in the NASA bureaucracy uncomfortable." He included the agency in a critique of bogged down federal bureaucracies he said take too long to make only limited progress.
"By the end of my second term," Gingrich said, "there will be the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American." Gingrich also promised to push for an energetic industry in low-earth orbit involving science, tourism and technology development.
Gingrich said he wants NASA launch facilities reworked to support "five or eight launches a day instead of one." And he said the Atlas V rocket should be "interchangeable" for use by both NASA and the Air Force instead of requiring modifications for each customer.

http://blog.al.com/space-news/2012/01/newt_gingrich_wants_10_percent.html

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Newt is and always has been in this thing for Newt, not for Reagan or anybody else. Just Newt.

Steve, I think to some extent, that's what voters like about him. He doesn't seem the type that would have to call the NAACP or Goldman Sachs before making a decision. I can also see why that would make the GOP consider him dangerous.

the problem is so many of his decisions are disastrously stupid. and his statements are beyond stupid....that Telemundo interview literally sounded like any liberal democrat talking.

I mean, people say they don't trust Romney, that he just pretends to be conservative.....hell, Newt ain't even pretending, he sounds like a garden variety democrat pandering to the hispanic vote, and bashing rich folks as an added bonus. Maybe he didn't realize some non-Hispanics might watch and you-tube it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[
Newt said what he said about Reagan, that's a matter of record. Newt is and always has been in this thing for Newt, not for Reagan or anybody else. Just Newt.

Show me the part in Newt Gingrich�s 21st Century Contract with America that is all about Newt and just for Newt.

This is the Newt shorthand version:

Washington today must undertake five parallel policies designed to create jobs, put Americans back to work, rebuild the housing market and cut off inflation before it grows out of control:

1. Pass a powerful tax cut and regulatory reform package designed to launch a decade of job creation and economic growth;

2. Pass an American energy program that creates jobs here at home.
An American energy program would not just create jobs in the energy sector.
Lowering the cost of gasoline, heating oil, and electricity would stimulate job creation throughout the economy;

3. Repeal Obamacare before it does permanent damage to our health system and economy;

4. Bring the Federal Reserve under control by insisting on a sound dollar policy and by exposing and investigating the billions in secret deals the Fed used to shift money to giant foreign and American banks;

5. Cut spending decisively to create the fiscal space for a pro-growth economic policy.
As the Congress approaches the debt ceiling debate and other future confrontations with the Obama Administration, it must make sure job creation is the number one focus.
America only works when Americans are working.
That is the heart of our current crisis.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I mean, people say they don't trust Romney, that he just pretends to be conservative.....hell, Newt ain't even pretending, he sounds like a garden variety democrat pandering to the hispanic vote, and bashing rich folks as an added bonus. Maybe he didn't realize some non-Hispanics might watch and you-tube it.

Steve, "pretending" is the problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
but Newt doesn't even pretend....I hate to agree with Beck, but the dude is a progressive and pretty much has been from the start.

the Contract was great....Newt didn't write it but he was instrumental in passing what got through. but thoughout, his mouth and his uncontrollable need to generate "grandiose" ideas led to more and more problems for him. even now, he is simply not a mature man....he is childish, petulant, lies pretty much reflexively, and spouts incredibly liberal BS on immigration and class warfare issues.

I would still vote for him...or a dead cat....over Obama, but people claiming he's some classic conservative are just not paying attention. Even to what he says today, much less his record.

google up the you tube of his telemundo interview, and gag.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Newt would have as much chance getting zero % Capitol gains as paultard would with all his liberty blather.
dave

====================

He may not get zero but he'll do better than 15%. You seem to forget that both Houses will most likely be favoring the GOP side and with the Tea-Party and fiscal conservative factions,it will be pro-business and investment.

Arther Laugher supports Ginrich. Sounds good to me

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
he is childish, petulant, lies pretty much reflexively, and spouts incredibly liberal BS

Gingrich is the poster boy for the contemporary, mainstream Republican party.

Deal widdit.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
... with all his liberty blather.
dave

Patrick Henry just threw up in his mouth a little.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by isaac
Newt would have as much chance getting zero % Capitol gains as paultard would with all his liberty blather.
dave

====================

He may not get zero but he'll do better than 15%. You seem to forget that both Houses will most likely be favoring the GOP side and with the Tea-Party and fiscal conservative factions,it will be pro-business and investment.

Arther Laugher supports Ginrich. Sounds good to me

�I think if Newt is president, you are going to see economic growth beyond what you have ever seen,� said Art Laffer, in Storm Lake, Iowa.
�Newt really delivered,� said Laffer, �When he was speaker, he was able to work with Bill Clinton closely and carefully to bring one of the most prosperous periods in American history.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (219DW, 160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.