-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
R
I own neither in 223, My Sako Finnbear 30 06 will outshoot either of my Montanas (308 & 7mm 08) any day of the week, Maybe I just got lucky with the old Sako and unlucky with the 2 Kimbers. The Kimbers both shoot fair (< 1in) and are a pleasure to carry. Buy 'em both! You only go round once, you might as well go happy!!!!

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TannerGun
Stick, have you found some Montanas to not twist the 75Amax quick enough?

Mine wont' run 'em with 335 or R-15.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
mine does, but it's punched AI

and i would NOT trade it for any of the Sakos pictured.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Montana is nice, and I want one, but Sako Vixens are one of those sweet litle rifles that make my knees weak, my heart skip a beat, and my mouth fall open. They're just beautiful! Maybe you should buy both.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by roninflag
Boxer- do not know where you are . i am envious of your grass. it is green. here it is mostly brown. nice rifle and binos. don't know what to say about those skulls.

I don't know which skulls you may be referring to, but I know one of his is completely empty...

'nel,

I very much enjoy that you don't have to play Dumb,yet despite your best efforts...you can't play Smart. Rather interesting dichotomy,ripe for inherent humor of the oblivious nature. Bless your heart. Was hoping for a week long trade,so I could knock some of the [bleep] new off your Mall Ninja Safe Queens for you. Could put more use on one in an afternoon,than you could in a Life. Too funny!

Drug the shutter too long from an ice mound and couldn't catch the rain for you,beings you've never seen or shot in it before. Doing my best not to laugh at you and your crossed-eyes too.

[Linked Image]

Tried to get one flying over the wares for you,but it wasn't to be. The wind was gusting 70-ish,replete with a Monsoon and I was trying to do the 1D3 some favors.

[Linked Image]

Bumped exposure,but the light wasn't all that great.

[Linked Image]

Did manage a 20-pounder With Cheese,for your Whine.

[Linked Image]

You really is a "go getter".

Wow.

'74,

Hop in there and getcha' some. Say something about your "experience".

Laffin'!

'worm,

Points awarded for humor,with a Dude Licker being an "option" for you and your "hard use" "needs".

Lemme borrow that "superior" sumbitch for a week and you can muse POA/POI intersection,zero retention and rust.

In no [bleep] particular order.

'herdj,

Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret",in that it's a rather inordinate rifle that won't shoot exceptionally well. Brass,boolits,powder and glass have come a lonnnggggggggg ways baby.

Just sayin'.

'55,

I rather like the Montucky "odds" down range.(grin)

I'm glad the Window Lickers have been watching Martha Stewart all day and practicing their Pretend and Imagination...if only because that sorta humor can't be topped! If someone can top a 30yr+ old rifle on it's first barrel and less a scratch,please do tell! Then frost it with some 'thoughts" on boolits,twist,throating and mag confines.

Holy [bleep] dog schit,don't ANY of you idiots shoot?!!?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
wouldnt let you borrow an anvil. you'd lose it or break it, eat it perhaps.
I'd guess a only a very small percentage of rifle owners and shooters throw thier chit in the snow and roll it around with dead fish.
Maybe theres a niche' market you could explore.
But for the 99.9% of rifle users the sako (sans jelly bean [bleep] paint job) will be a superior rifle.
At least untill they fall off the planet and wind up in [bleep] hunting salmon with a 22 AI.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I heard they crank this chit up when Stick rolls into mancamp!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ringworm
wouldnt let you borrow an anvil. you'd lose it or break it, eat it perhaps.
I'd guess a only a very small percentage of rifle owners and shooters throw thier chit in the snow and roll it around with dead fish.
Maybe theres a niche' market you could explore.
But for the 99.9% of rifle users the sako (sans jelly bean [bleep] paint job) will be a superior rifle.
At least untill they fall off the planet and wind up in [bleep] hunting salmon with a 22 AI.

'worm,

Didn't mean to horn you up and have you leaping outta the closet,but your avatar really is bad ass! Laffin'! Pardon my beauty.

Curiously enough,a rifle slung on the shoulder,carried in the mitts or laying on the snow...all incurs a like amount of precipitation in a deluge(doubly so when it's blowing 70mph). There's simply no way around it and I very much enjoy that all your "hardcore pursuits",preclude you from that obvious. A 42" OAL rifle is a fair to middlin' barometer,from which to subtend Scaled Splendor,if a gent knows what he's looking at. No need for you to reiterate your cluelessness,as it's never been anything short of glaringly obvious. Nice touch to miss the Species,your haste to take stupidity to places it's never been before,is nothing shy of impressive. Bless your heart.

Feel free to wax eloquent upon your Flatlanding Fair Weather Forays and how those "findings" allow you to feel that a Dude Licker Sako has no peer for Critterly Pursuits and is "superior". I know,I know,it'll be another long and [bleep] awkward silence,as you practice Pretend and polish your Imagination,but do your best with what you've got...because it'll be funnier than [bleep]. Points awarded for the weather conditions and Critters you and the Dude Licker "contend" with. I'm cryin',I'm laughing so hard!!

Now in fairness,I'd say that it'd squarely take someone as stupid as you,to even begin to hint that a CM/Walnut Dude Licker can hang with SS/Synthetic of repute. Let's hope you are dumb enough now,to say a little sumptin' about boolits,twist,throating(don't let the notion horn you up all over again!) and mag latitude.

Never have heard of a 22AI,do tell. You are on an epic roll and my fingers are crossed that you'll continue with your vast "knowledge","experience" and continue with your version of "enlightenment".

Wow!

SamO,

Your fixation is wellfounded. Bless your heart.

As per always,take notes and apply same,if only because it'll much improve your Game.

Pun be intended.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BoxerStick,

Gotta agree that a SS/plastic is superior when weather is awful. thus, My Motorcycle scabbard rifle is Coated SS with plastic and my 340 is also coated SS with waterproofed Laminate handle.

That said there are NOT rodents out and about to shoot at in bad weather, and even if there were, I don't like shooting them bad enough to get after them in that kind of mess. Thus, no negatives for a nice looking sweet handling rifle for such. Your comment that beauty or sweetnes or nice or whatever comes from a longer action and plastic with long throuats and fast twist is a valid OPINION, but that is all it is, and OPINION. You are entitled to it, and can live your life accordingly. Looks like you do. Others with different experince or preference also have valid opinions, and that is all they are is opinions and preferences. Equal in all respects, and we all get to buy and hunt with what works ofr us in our locale and style, with our preferences in hand. GOD BLESS THE USA! Love the freedom we have, as well as the econimis to buy and own such a wide aray of rifles and glass etc. Many countries I have been to or hunted in, the average guy on the street could not buy one of the guns you or I own if he saved every dime he made for his whole life.

We are a bleesed Nation and people, hunt with what you like, and Bless your heart. smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I stated simplistic mechanical FACTS,none of which is subjective.

As an aside,I was awaiting the Fair Weather Flatlanding Chronicles,which would denote the Sako Dude Licker being "superior".

Concessions is NEVER advantages...take that to the Bank.

Hint.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for me there is nobodies opinion on hunting rifles I respect more that Sticks solely due to his astoundingly broad experience killing crap.

As an amateur furniture maker I love figured wood of all types. Love working with it, feeling it and smelling it but that's for my furniture not my rifles.

Can't wait to build my first 223AI throated to kiss the 75 Amax at a COAL which works within my mag constraints.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He's an expert on this too: smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_tossing

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've no doubt Stick has figured out what works best for him, for what he uses a .223/.223AI for, in the conditions he uses them in.

What the dumb sumbitch can't/won't reckon is that.... uh... most people aren't using their .223's on Prince of Wales island, as a big game boat gun.

Bless his heart, he's got his head so far up his own ass that he thinks the weather is "brown".

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Travis13
Given the choice woud you rather have the Vixen or the Kimber Montana. I have been offered a Vixen in 95% condition for less than $1000 and am thinking of going that route and throwing it in a Edge sometime in the future.

[Linked Image]

FWIW,

Having owned 7 different Kimbers, 4 of them Montanas and a couple dozen Sakos, I'm wont to say, I like Kimbers, but I love my Sakos.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Sako Vixen.

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
As for me there is nobodies opinion on hunting rifles I respect more that Sticks solely due to his astoundingly broad experience killing crap.

As an amateur furniture maker I love figured wood of all types. Love working with it, feeling it and smelling it but that's for my furniture not my rifles.

Can't wait to build my first 223AI throated to kiss the 75 Amax at a COAL which works within my mag constraints.

Wood can't hang upon a hard use Utility Rifle,that's going to see actual time afield in all conditions(as opposed to the Safe Queens thus far illustrated by the Do-Nothing Gang). That becomes more and more evident,as one stretches things out downrange. Wood walks,synthetic is static...end of story. Though I'm MUCH looking forward to the 82 Trick Move Treatise on how to make live wood stable in all weathers,by sealing this and that,sprinkling Magic Dust here and there,yada,yada. Done,seen and heard it all,thus my pleasure in swapping rifles as an extrapolation of that which do work,that which don't and more importantly why.

I do hear good things about a magfed 75-Max which is kissing lands.

'Raider,

I'm at ease in casting hooks into the gaping yaps of Texans,as they slurk the bottom of the pool in the mud. Though admittedly easy,it never don't not crack me the [bleep] up. The only thing you shoot is your mouth and I groove that though as badly as you WISH you could...you know better than to dabble rifle particulars.

Go put pellets in your Deer Feeder,batteries in your "Game" camera and practice slipping through the barbedwire in your Haybale Ghillie suit.

Laffin'!

Jeff-O,

Always a treat to listen to all the things you nearly did,with the wares you nearly had in the places you nearly went...especially when it is frosted with your heartfelt vicarious angst and that pleasing nasal whine. Say a little sumptin' about your Sako 223,Montucky 223 and the boolits slated to each. Too [bleep] funny! Hell...why don't you build a chart and wax eloquent upon all them things you've never seen or let alone done,as poignant extrapolation to your vast "experience" and "knowledge". Then really ring the bell and and try to pawn it off like you've a [bleep] clue! [bleep],you're an amazingly inept dumbphuck.

You read just enough Field & Stream,to embolden your dumbphucktitude and I'd like to pay for your next year's subscription,if only to make sure your inherent humor do not wane!

Bless your heart.

'dubya,

Points for high gloss less a scratch and windage adjustable rings,upon your "hard chargers".

Wow.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
As per earlier post,

I like the Montanas

[Linked Image]
325 WSM, 308 Win, 260 Rem.

but love the Sako's

[Linked Image]
7WSM, 220 Swift, 260 Rem

GWB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Montana's too.

Rains a lot here, so my criteria starts with stainless steel and a synthetic stock of some flavor. I actually like laminate- if you fix the balance, I kind of like the little bit more heft, and lord knows the rain doesn't hurt them.

I like to play around at longer ranges too so it's nice to be able to stabilize longer bullets.

Where I take issue with Boxer is that I don't extrapolate from that, to calling everyone who doesn't share those requirements an idiot all full of dumbphuckitude and know-nothingness and sore [bleep] and whatever else he's tossing out these days to try to get folks worked up.

Where I grew up, stainless would be a non-issue. Walnut works just fine. And then, most people aren't using their .223's as long-range big game rifles and so don't exactly lust after heavy bullets.

But bless Boxer's heart, he will play anyone like a fish who falls for his provocations and gets horned up. It's his whole gig- piss people off then enjoy watching them get upset. It's what makes him MUCH less interesting unless watching trainwrecks is your thing. Too bad.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by geedubya
As per earlier post,

I like the Montanas

[Linked Image]
325 WSM, 308 Win, 260 Rem.

but love the Sako's

[Linked Image]
7WSM, 220 Swift, 260 Rem

GWB

"Oddly" enough,nary a Montucky 223 in the fray. Cheer up though...poor dumb Jeff-O ain't ever seen or shot one either. It'd be very interesting to drive a stake and see which of you does less than the other,if only in the interest of R&D. Laffin'!

Perhaps some day,you'll knock the new off one of those Safe Queens?!? Nawwwwwwwww...THAT assuredly ain't gonna [bleep] happen.

Wow.

'O,

Your version of "rain" is commensurate with your idea of "difficult","impossible" and every other [bleep] delusion that seeps out of your head. Too bad rifles don't have hour meters upon them,as it'd put all in context. It really is a crying shame,that there is no such thing as the Imagination Olympics,as you'd have whole Nations forfeiting in your wake!

I very much enjoy that you don't let facts sway your dumbphucktitude and the ease in which you use your Imagination to craft Pretend,is rather something. It would still be [bleep] hilarious,if it were a scripted Act...but rest assured that the hilarity is vastly improved,because you are simply doing the best you can,with what very little you've got to work with. Too bad the profundity of that concise statement,will sail over your pointy head. I'm unaware of anyone who can shift their brain into a low enough [bleep] gear,to quip even in passing,that you've the first [bleep] clue about ANYTHING. Bless your heart and the ease in which you set that bar!

Feel free to cite the lat/long coordinates to the place in La-La Land in which CM is the equal of S/S and Walnut the equal of a good synthetic. Don't be shy,pound the delusion with pixels too and frost it with an eloquent tutorial reaffirming your "experience" and "knowledge" in regards to same,then cite "weather" or "rain" into the mix. I'm [bleep] crying I'm laughing soooooooooooo hard!!! Don't forget to add a coupla charts too and muse boolits,glass,twist and throats! Holy [bleep] dogschit,you are THE dumbest sonofabitch on the [bleep] Planet! (That weren't a compliment).

I savvy that you are undoubtedly on your 14th [bleep] Transplant,due the hours you set nestled atop your's on the couch and I'd not wish to slight the "magnitude"of that "accomplishment". Congratulations?

In the interest of FACTS,I'll again state plainly that: CM can't hang with S/S. Walnut can't hang with good synthetic. Twist rate,magbox latitude and boolit selection...are THE perpetual key in ALL chamberings. By design,the Sako remains a series of heavy concessions to the Montucky and Estrogen fueled subjective whining cast from the utter depths of your incredible dumbphucktitide...can't/won't change those facts. Points awarded however,for burning bandwidth once again,in regards to wares you've never seen or shot. That too is [bleep] Priceless!

Pardon the early AM jaunt,it's how I roll.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i love my Vixen but it don't get the play a Montana would... that's a fact!!!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I like Montana's too.

Where I take issue with Boxer is that I don't extrapolate from that, to calling everyone who doesn't share those requirements an idiot all full of dumbphuckitude and know-nothingness and sore [bleep] and whatever else he's tossing out these days to try to get folks worked up.

But bless Boxer's heart, he will play anyone like a fish who falls for his provocations and gets horned up. It's his whole gig- piss people off then enjoy watching them get upset. It's what makes him MUCH less interesting unless watching trainwrecks is your thing. Too bad.

Sir,

What is the old bromide...... Never was a horse that couldn't be rode, and never was a rider that couldn't be throwed.
I learned at an early age, that there would always be someone come along, given sufficient time that was bigger, better, tougher, richer, smarter, even if it was only in their own mind.
Consequently at my age, I tell folks I operate within a narrow band of mediocrity. Don't do anything real good, but don't do anything real bad. I'm happy with that.
So, I'll just post a little and enjoy reading what others post. I always keep in mind that this is for fun. Consequently I don't get "horned up" about anything. When Boxer was BS a few years back, we had fun playin' for a couple days when he came over and made something like 600 posts in a day and a half over at AR. I enjoyed the scenery, the rifles and the elocution.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and I do like blue steel and wood Sakos.

even have a duece with 1 in 16 twist!

[Linked Image]

and if ya' promise you won't tell anybody, I'll even admit to havin' an S-491 in 223 AI. And dang me if it don't have and 8 twist.

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/10/12.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.