Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I can't understand how something so scary can have a person laughing so hard. Hysterical and terribly frightening all at the same time.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rob,

I am sorry you had to go through this.

This has to be the funniest thread I've read yet!

My business partner just walked into the room and thought I was having a heart attack or something. I couldn't breathe, tears coming down my face and red in the face!

Thanks, guys, for brightening up my day!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah,...I had one o'them things cut offa me once,...not the hospital kind,..but the outpatient type.

They had this hydraulic table thing that ya squatted on and it raised ya up and bent you over so that the hemmorrhoid was in the optimum position to be worked on.

So there I am,...all up in the air with my ass poked out for all the world to see,..not a trace of dignity left anywhere,..and I'm thinkin',.. "Maybe I just shoulda prayed about this fer a day er two."

After I'm all up in the air on that azzhole car lift,...this pretty little nurse walks in. Ain't no doubt that they make the pretty little nurse stay outside until they get you ready,...'cause ain't no man gonna let hisself get in that position in front of *any* woman,....

Well,...I'm fairly anxious by then and I'm wonderin', "What's this gonna be like?"

I look back under my arm and the doc is holdin' a syring with a needle about 2 feet long, and he tells me, "Now you just say anything you want, 'cause we've heard it all".

Naturally, my first thought is "Oh chit!"

Then he stuck the needle in it.

I made a noise like a donkey.

I ain't ever make a noise like a donkey before,...didn't even know I could,..but I learned that day that if a doctor sticks a needle in an inflammed area of my bunghole,..I can indeed make a donkey noise.

You can too.

Believe it.

Also,..after the donkey noise had played out, I couldn't breath. Now,...I don't know what the connection between ya bunghole and your lungs is,...but they is one,...because when somebody sticks a needle in ya bunghole, your lungs up and shut down. There's no doubt whatsoever that if he had stuck me twice, I woulda suffocated. Just call the bonewagon and the tombstone place,...have 'em inscribe, "Here's Bristoe,...they stuck him twice."

Then he started cutting on it with one o'them hi tech Exacto knives that the doctors use.

Of course, by this time I got no dignity left and don't really give a damn. My left eyeball is out of its socket,...I have brayed like a donkey,..I can't breath, and a pretty young nurse is dabbin' the blood off my bag with a cotton ball and saying', It'll all be over in a minute".

Things get kinda fuzzy after that.

The doc gave me a prescription for pain pills,...I chased 'em down with a half pint,...and have been trying to forget ever since,..to no avail.

All I can say is,..eat fiber.

All you can do when you've gone through something like this is laugh about it.

When we get a week or so of sun we are planning on having a bonfire and having friends over for chili.So we had friends of ours laughing to the point we were hurting over this. Kathy was saying she wanted to meet this big tough guy, so we asked Ozzie if he wanted to come over when we had the bonfire and he said it sounded great. So I'm telling Kathy she will have a chance to meet Ozzie and she wanted to know how she was supposed to keep a straight face, I told her don't look at me or it will definitely be all over.

I figure we are going to have to tell it his way which is multitudes funnier with his accent than I can ever tell it. This could have the whole crowd laughing to the point of pain, and I've got some world class funny stuff I can back it up with.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About a week ago I had a sebaceous cyst break open on my right butt cheek. It had been there for years and no body gave it any thought. So i go to the docter with this stuff ozzing out. The doctor was pretty impressed and went and got another doctor to show them, along with 3 nurses, of course one of the nurses was a past tenant that I had evicted 6 months ago. Made for an interesting day.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have an hour physical scheduled in the 26th. First physical in at least 15 years and a lady doctor to boot. Your story has done much to make me confident! eek

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When the the little girl Doctor asked if my wife and I are sexually active, I said I am but she kinda just lays there. Then she did the finger thang. I think she likes me.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What I live for.

By the way, there was a colonoscopy thread in here somewhere. I mentioned the doctor playing star wars up in my butt!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I remember it all to well! I think I will probably be getting in line for a scope starting and both ends.

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have Barrett's. I am supposed to get mt throat scoped and a biopsy every year. It has been about fifteen years since I have had it done. I have never had the other end checked.

Time to pay the piper.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Man! I thought this was a parody on having to voting for Mitt this fall!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I started getting yearly physicals when I turned 50. Every time I would go in and my blood pressure would be high. I also donate blood on a regular basis of every 2 months at which time my blood pressure is also checked. When I donate blood, my BP is always normal. I started keeping records of my BP and then I showed it to my Doctor the next time I got a physical. This satisfied his concern of my high BP and wrote if off as white coat syndrome. He said however, he was a bit offended because my BP was ok when I gave blood even though I knew I was going to get stuck with a needle, but yet when I came to see him, my blood pressure was high.
I said, "Yea Doc I know. But they don't check my prostate when I give Blood".
He laughed and said, "Well I guess it's true. It's better to give than to receive!"

Last edited by Cretch; 04/11/12.

3825 24336
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ohhh, this all sounds too familiar. I've been battling anal fissures for years. I really don't think most people fully appreciate the full meaning of "pain in the ass". It's such a... personal pain. To those of you without problems... fiber! lots of fiber!! 100% of the recommended daily intake is just a good starting point, I simply call it "breakfast". i had an anoscopy a few years back. When it was over, I asked the Doctor if anyone ever hit him during the exam. I've had the same Doctor for decades, I almost have him trained now, and he just smiled and said "no, but a lot of people seem to think about it".

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, make sure they use a different hose for each end.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago when I was either in my late 20's or early 30's I had to go in to be checked for hemorroids. The doctor decided some trimming was necessary. They draped me over a folding table, then placed a gown over my back end with an opening in the appropriate area. The doctor took a look, then hummed and hawed a bit, at which time he said I'm sure you will not mind my having some student nurses have a look at your "condition".

He then proceeded to allowed a group of young student nurses crowd into the room. As you can imagine I was glad all I could see of the nurses was their ankles as he used a couple of popsicle sticks to open up the cavity and point out my particular condition. There was absolutely no concern about Mr. Happy becoming happy under these circumstances.

I haven't thought about this incident in years but this thread brought it all back. Not sure whether to than you or not.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Originally Posted by Texas99
The oriental doctors generally have smaller fingers.

Female doctors probably have smaller fingers, too. I've never asked for that option but it's probably worth considering.

BTDT smile

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Scott, make sure they use a different hose for each end.

Since I will be out cold for the throat thing I will make sure I get that one done first. If they use the same hose it will work out better that way. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Many years ago when I was either in my late 20's or early 30's I had to go in to be checked for hemorroids. The doctor decided some trimming was necessary. They draped me over a folding table, then placed a gown over my back end with an opening in the appropriate area. The doctor took a look, then hummed and hawed a bit, at which time he said I'm sure you will not mind my having some student nurses have a look at your "condition".

He then proceeded to allowed a group of young student nurses crowd into the room. As you can imagine I was glad all I could see of the nurses was their ankles as he used a couple of popsicle sticks to open up the cavity and point out my particular condition. There was absolutely no concern about Mr. Happy becoming happy under these circumstances.

I haven't thought about this incident in years but this thread brought it all back. Not sure whether to than you or not.

Jim

A friend of mine went through four hours of hemorrhoid surgery with no anesthetic of any kind. eek

He was not really that tough, just a paraplegic and could feel nothing below his navel.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
rob p,

Ya should have contacted Barney Frank before ya went. He likely could have told you how to make it enjoyable. sick

Bout thirty years ago when I had my roids done they wadded up about six feet of gauze like an accordion and plugged my butt. The day I was to get out the nurse told me I had to take a dump first. I said I had already tried but something was hanging out of me. She said "Give it a good yank and it will come out and you will be fine." So I pulled it out very s-l-o-w-l-y and I almost passed out from the pain. Felt like all my guts were attached. Blood eveywhere. My wife was furious. They are so willing to shove things in there but shy away from taking them out! She found me sweating bullets and hanging onto the rail on the wall.
Then they send me home with Tylenol 3 (which can and was very constipating) and tell me to take stool softners and Metamuccil three times daily. Well, like I said the Tyleniol 3 was extremely constipating (they never warned me) so after thirteen days and no dump I looked like Octo-Mom. Back to the hospital for the biggest ream job in history. (Wasn't it Hippocrates that said "Do no harm" ???) Almost collapsed and blood gushing everywhere. Nurse didn't do a great clean up job either. Got home and crapped long shards of glass for the next two hours and was relieved enough to feel like I was weightless for a while. Worse thing I ever went through.
I was afraid to fart for months and ran to the john in case everything fell out of me.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (219 Wasp, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,081
Posts18,521,809
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.