Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I frankly love Paypal and if your account is set up right there are ZERO fees for buyer or seller when using the "gift" option.
I recently discovered that there are ZERO fees for either party if you use the "services" option.

Sure makes payment either way very very easy and quick.

seems like stealing to me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22WRF
I frankly love Paypal and if your account is set up right there are ZERO fees for buyer or seller when using the "gift" option.
I recently discovered that there are ZERO fees for either party if you use the "services" option.

seems like stealing to me.

Not if you're paying for services or gifting the money. Paypal makes the rules not me.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Refunds through PP also don't cost a thing.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I used the gift option, and rather than taking the 3% surcharge from the recipient of my money, PayPal pulled the 3% out of MY account. There ain't no free rides.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Set up your account right and there are no fees taken out on either end.
I haven't had a single cent of fees taken out any time I used the gift or services options.
Get yourself the Paypal Smart Connect card and all those fees go away.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recently I have been receiving my neighbors mail and my neighbors have been receiving my mail. I'm actually getting stuff for the same street number but wrong street lately. Funny that I see this post as I'm going to the Post Office today to raise hell about this. I had a substantial check get delivered to the wrong address and it took me 2 weeks to get it from a neighbor. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Matt sent the check and the USPS screwed up. I can see why both guys are pissed but maybe they can hug it out and lead us all in a rendition of kumbya

Last edited by huntsonora; 05/14/12.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

No Pay Pal for me, no sir

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jwp475

...Why? Because they are Anti-gun? Please elaborate.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Actually it's funny as Hell as we had been training to fight in the Desert for eleven years before the conflict started in 1990.

Hell, I trained in the desert to go to VietNam. Ft. Bliss, Texas does not have much jungle. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by fatjack34

That's why I try to avoid them if at all possible. Them and ebay too.

"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by fatjack34

centerpatriot
New Community Member

Kudos: 1

Re: Firearm policy...

Feb-02-201104:42 PM

I read the policy today to determine whether I could sell a barrel using PayPal.

I'm a tax attorney and I get paid to interpret complicated statutes, regulations, court cases, etc.

Anyway...the policy appears to be intentionally written to be ambiguous and confusing.

PayPal would have no more legal liability than would my credit card company or UPS for shipping it.

Obviously it is just a political statement. Personally, I find it repugnant that PayPal has a problem with a perfectly legal transaction just because it doesn't square with their political beliefs. GPal (from google) doesn't have a problem with it, so I'm going to use them and I encourage others to do the same.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Firearm-policy/td-p/105446

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody want to look up the numbers on the refund I sent Friday afternoon. They are in the pictures I took and posted.

Or maybe take a WAG as to what happened?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Magnumdood wrote: "I used the gift option, and rather than taking the 3% surcharge from the recipient of my money, PayPal pulled the 3% out of MY account. There ain't no free rides"

If you use the gift option and either have $$ in your paypal account or are linked to a bank account and backed by a credit card, there are NEVER any fees to use this service (gift). But you have to set it up correctly to avoid the fees.

So yes, there IS a free ride. You just have to know how to hitch-hike ha ha!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Magnumdood wrote: "I used the gift option, and rather than taking the 3% surcharge from the recipient of my money, PayPal pulled the 3% out of MY account. There ain't no free rides"

If you use the gift option and either have $$ in your paypal account or are linked to a bank account and backed by a credit card, there are NEVER any fees to use this service (gift). But you have to set it up correctly to avoid the fees.

So yes, there IS a free ride. You just have to know how to hitch-hike ha ha!

I have used this once or twice.

Business 101 tells us that if a few gun guys have figured out a loop hole so that PayPal makes no money for providing a service that costs them money to provide, that PayPal will not allow this loop hole to last for very long.

Just saying.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's lasted a long time already but I agree that Paypal cannot continue this in perpetuity.

It isn't just gun guys who use the gift option either.

You get no protection from PP using gift so maybe it isn't very costly for them.

PP services also is a no fee service if your account is set up correctly.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Please let this thread be a lesson to all noob trolls.

My favorite quote of the entire thread! grin

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody want to look up the numbers on the refund I sent Friday afternoon. They are in the pictures I took and posted.

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)

Bummer.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)

Bummer.

He should have stayed home from work so he could be there for his $65. wink

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He had me send it to a PO Box......

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
He had me send it to a PO Box......

I don't know about the original poster, but for some of us a PO Box is the ONLY address at which we can receive mail.

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (17Hunter, 1OntarioJim, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 27 invisible), 1,331 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.