Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

When dealing with something as moronic as this, "GFY" is perfect acceptable.

Then, you simply repost the item.

Travis

Amen.

I don't understand the "pay some now, pay the rest later"... That's inviting trouble IMO...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Like the rest I am sorry to hear that you have had such problems, as for me I am relatively new here but I have completed several deals with none going bad. As for making a deal knowing that you do not have the ability to pay is bad for everyone. This is just my humble opinion.

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks for the replies...

I deleted the PMs we exchanged, but this has just rubbed me the wrong way for several days.

Couple of years ago, another member here was soliciting loading gear for a disabled vet who he said wanted to get back into shooting. I had some .243 dies, brass and bullets I donated and paid Express Mail shipment costs to get to the Camper who said he was helping the Veteran. He got the gear. I had to confirm he received it. Never heard another word from the guy about how the guy was doing or if he enjoyed getting back into shooting.

I dunno. Not like I was trying to beat this guy up for a buck...

80 WTB listings? It would not surprise me, this Tanner guy may not mean any harm but if you don't have money to spend, you say so up front. I would've been fine waiting a while to get paid...
Not like he asked me to send him the gear before he paid. I have had guys suggest that before... LOL.

When a guy can post 2800 times on this forum in a bit more than a year, it is no wonder he don't have any money to spend...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hogan
Just wanting to understand if the consensus here has changed...

Really wondering if you guys think this kind of tactic is kosher here? Is the Name of the Campfire Buying Game; get the lowest price firmed up, & then tell the guy you're broke but maybe next month you can pay?

No this is not acceptable. You let your finacial situation be known before any deal is done not after.

In my opinion if someone pulls this kind of crap thier a scammer or trying to be a scammer.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I'm not sure if the PM I sent you went through or not, so I'll paste the exact message I sent you today after reading this thread:

The reason I posted a WTB for a barrel for EITHER a Rem700 or M70 was because I was going to let the barrel dictate which action I bought. I realize that's a bit backwards, but hey, both are great actions.

I thought your asking price was just a bit high at first, but realizing you're a good guy I didn't want to lowball you. i don't recall EVER offering even close to half of what you wanted, and I had said that 140 shipped sounded quite fair.

The next point that I likely made a mistake in was asking you to hold it for me. I had thought that since you hadn't posted it for sale in the Classifieds, you were in no hurry to get rid of it. I had every intention of purchasing the barrel from you, as I had an action lined up with a seller at the exact same time.

I guess what my main hope was that I was going to find someone who wanted to work with me a little bit on the deal. Maybe hold it for me for a bit if they didn't really need to sell it, or maybe do a trade of some sort. I realize that you weren't that guy, and that is totally fine, I understand completely wanting to sell something ASAP when answering a WTB ad.

I'm just an 18 year old student still learning how this game works, and I apologize for making some mistakes in our hopeful deal. I hope you do not think any less of me, as I've done probably 10-15 great deals on this site without even a hiccup. I was also able to donate to the Kids in Need thread, and have since donated more supplies and help to people around my town.

I hope this begins to clear things up a bit, thanks for listening. Hope all is well in your camp, and that you can understand my apology.

Thanks, Tanner

-------------------

I learned when I was young that in the end, all you have is your good name. Like I said in my apology, I'm still kind of learning how this whole system works, what is okay and what is not. This is a bummer for me to see, after thinking that I had kind of worked myself into a good name with the deals I'd done and what-not. No money was lost on either end, so I would hope that hogan could just let it go and actually read my apology. I'd hate to have my name dragged through the mud and have the friends I've made on here think any less of me.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Interesting....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tanner, your good with me, sounds like hogan is kind of a whining piss baby

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After reading every reply on this post, I am going to have to side with 303savage and Tanner and that I think Hogan might have jumped the gun and flew off the handle. Tanners logic makes perfect sense to me...Grow up Kids

Last edited by theduke308; 05/22/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting conversation here. Maybe a little more clarity in the "WTB" post as to your intentions. Maybe a little better communication between buyer and seller.

Funny how that usually fixes things. Typing is easy......

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
+1 for Tanner. A stand up guy. When a mistake happens he steps up, takes it and does what he can to make amends; a man that understands the value of honor and a good name; the kind of guy I'd like to do business with.

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope everyone can see it that way. Thanks gentlemen...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No problem Tanner... Just another AAR from a disgruntled Campfire Dealer.
Give then a little slack, they got to eat too. whistle

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by theduke308
After reading every reply on this post, I am going to have to side with 303savage and Tanner and that I think Hogan might have jumped the gun and flew off the handle. Tanners logic makes perfect sense to me...Grow up Kids

X2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by carmarkie
When posting a WTB, I think you should be prepared financially to buy it, but reserve the right to back off if it is unreasonably priced. Bottom line is don't post a WTB, if you don't have the money to do the deal...

I've had one exception. I had a $200 price range for a scope. Posted an WTB ad, and reciever a nice offer on a Nitrex TR-two. It was above my price limit, but the seller gave me some time to get the rest of the money. I did, however, send a deposit as a security move.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
18yrs old & 2800 post it's obvious Tanner contributes to this site and was not trying to rip nobody off. Sounds like he is just trying to build a rifle reasonable. Giv'em a break Hogan.

Recent post by Tanner...good stuff!
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...38/Re_My_First_Time_at_1_000#Post6522938

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Seems like the 18yo is more mature then some others...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Seems like the 18yo is more mature then some others...

Very good observation!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schit, it's just nice to see a stand up 18 year-old.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again... thanks for seeing it from my POV guys. No disses to hogan, I'm sure he means well but I do not understand not reading my apology via PM. Seems like the right way to handle it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on you, Tanner for posting a thoughtful reply. I hope my boys are as mature when they are 18.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,247
Posts18,504,646
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.