Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If a guy posts a WTB ad and doesn't buy, there is no harm no foul...

From the heading - figured someone was selling video games!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OT, I thought the same thing! I just thought he made a grammatical error using IS rather than ARE.

Tanner is good people and while Hogan has 85-90% of his posts in the Classifieds, Tanner does not.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to make a deal either way with Tanner. I just did as a matter of fact.

You better not stiff me on that LCD you little [bleep]! grin

Last edited by nsaqam; 05/22/12.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
How many on here have a draw of stuff that you posted I'll Take It and discovered later that you had miss read the classifieds...I have several of these items. They where bargain items but not really what I was looking for. It pays to read slowly when ever reading the classifieds or does it....

I have, I misread a post of a rifle for sale and committed to buy it.
I realized my mistake later, but went on with the deal.
My word is worth more than the cost of a rifle.

H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Perhaps the young man is inexperienced and didn't have larceny in his heart? I can give him that.

I have not followed his Blazing path across this forum and had he disclosed his age, it would have explained a lot.

I am not a "dealer", nor do I care about selling this gear at this time. I do understand this is a family site. I haven't sold gear to minors or teenagers that I know of. Sold a few knives years ago, but not to anyone under age 21.

I did think Mr. Tanner showed a high level of immaturity in the way he posted his WTBs for same stuff all over the net. Thought maybe he was just a nut job having a mid-life crisis. Not like there is a shortage of these types on the forums that're always buying loads of stuff and chisel you down on price to get a fair price...

Are there lots of 18 and under folk posting here? Mr. Tanner is evidently in process of building several rifles. He can't decide if he wants a Rem 700 or Win 70 in .375 H&H. Maybe he's gonna buy both; if he can get a "fair price"....

There is a big "fair price" crowd at Campfire. It is obnoxious and a sign of immaturity to expect a stranger you've never met or shown interest in to cut you a deal because you're YOU and YOU think you deserve whatever you want on whatever terms you decide are fair...

When a guy, even if he is only 18, is only interested in price. Whe he don't care to see a pic that you've offered, when he won't sign is full name in course of a couple replies, it shows all the guy cares about is a cheap deal.

Guys who are all about the money are rarely worth knowing, and even less likely are they worth dealing with. When a guy says he wants to buy and don't state how or when he's going to pay you, it is a harbinger of doom on a deal.

I've bought stuff from some of the people on this thread. Pretty sure I bought a Buckmasters scope from Traylor. Paid $225 for the used scope, no box, in decent condition if you like a mildly canted mil-dot reticle. Course, might've been another guy who's a lawyer in OR. Seems like the guy was a lawyer... Maybe Killer owns a meat market or a feedlot? Good name for a lawyer anyway; honest...

Ya know guys, I've posted good replies on a variety of subjects here over the years, but I'm on other forums since my real interest is more in precision shooting and handloading, plus hunting with tactical gear. I am no longer mad at the deer, turkey's, moose, or bear. I've killed and field dressed enough game animals, but still admit to liking a Grouse dinner from time to time...

Tanner will fit in really well here. He's learned from The Best to assume he ain't gonna get a fair deal or a fair price... He's learned that The Chase here on The Classifieds is all about beating a guy out of his last $10..

I came to this forum in 2006, and "you guys" were running some poor guy out of town on a rail for admitting he needed the money to pay bills so decided to sell his gear to a guy who offered him more than the first guy who posted "I'll take it"...

Bunch of grifters then and a bunch of grifters now.
I doubt I've posted 5 items for sale here since 2012 rolled in.

I am glad I was successful enough not to ever have to worry about whether if I sold something too low, would my family or financial situation suffer...

Have met a bunch of good guys here in between the bums, but ain't that the way of life? It's all about your perspective.

Some of the biggest bums are the most unlikely. Like the military upper-level officer who was ecstatic to buy my
Rem 700 .22-250 Varmint Special barreled action. He just needed 3 weeks to come up with the other half of the money. A month later, having never head from him that he needed to pay later than planned, I sent him back his $300 deposit less cost for postal moneyorder and stamp. The guy bitched me out, but he conducted his business like a bum...

Oh well, some deals get done, some don't.
Life is too short to have to deal with bums...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yah - those damned Gamers are taking over trying to trade X-boxes for rifles!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hogan
Perhaps the young man is inexperienced and didn't have larceny in his heart? I can give him that.

I have not followed his Blazing path across this forum and had he disclosed his age, it would have explained a lot.

I am not a "dealer", nor do I care about selling this gear at this time. I do understand this is a family site. I haven't sold gear to minors or teenagers that I know of. Sold a few knives years ago, but not to anyone under age 21.

I did think Mr. Tanner showed a high level of immaturity in the way he posted his WTBs for same stuff all over the net. Thought maybe he was just a nut job having a mid-life crisis. Not like there is a shortage of these types on the forums that're always buying loads of stuff and chisel you down on price to get a fair price...

Are there lots of 18 and under folk posting here? Mr. Tanner is evidently in process of building several rifles. He can't decide if he wants a Rem 700 or Win 70 in .375 H&H. Maybe he's gonna buy both; if he can get a "fair price"....

There is a big "fair price" crowd at Campfire. It is obnoxious and a sign of immaturity to expect a stranger you've never met or shown interest in to cut you a deal because you're YOU and YOU think you deserve whatever you want on whatever terms you decide are fair...

When a guy, even if he is only 18, is only interested in price. Whe he don't care to see a pic that you've offered, when he won't sign is full name in course of a couple replies, it shows all the guy cares about is a cheap deal.

Guys who are all about the money are rarely worth knowing, and even less likely are they worth dealing with. When a guy says he wants to buy and don't state how or when he's going to pay you, it is a harbinger of doom on a deal.

I've bought stuff from some of the people on this thread. Pretty sure I bought a Buckmasters scope from Traylor. Paid $225 for the used scope, no box, in decent condition if you like a mildly canted mil-dot reticle. Course, might've been another guy who's a lawyer in OR. Seems like the guy was a lawyer... Maybe Killer owns a meat market or a feedlot? Good name for a lawyer anyway; honest...

Ya know guys, I've posted good replies on a variety of subjects here over the years, but I'm on other forums since my real interest is more in precision shooting and handloading, plus hunting with tactical gear. I am no longer mad at the deer, turkey's, moose, or bear. I've killed and field dressed enough game animals, but still admit to liking a Grouse dinner from time to time...

Tanner will fit in really well here. He's learned from The Best to assume he ain't gonna get a fair deal or a fair price... He's learned that The Chase here on The Classifieds is all about beating a guy out of his last $10..

I came to this forum in 2006, and "you guys" were running some poor guy out of town on a rail for admitting he needed the money to pay bills so decided to sell his gear to a guy who offered him more than the first guy who posted "I'll take it"...

I am glad I was successful enough not to ever have to worry about whether if I sold something too low, would my family or financial situation suffer...

Have met a bunch of good guys here in between the bums, but ain't that the way of life? It's all about your perspective.

Some of the biggest bums are the most unlikely. Like the military upper-level officer who was ecstatic to buy my
Rem 700 .22-250 Varmint Special barreled action. He just needed 3 weeks to come up with the other half of the money. A month later, having never head from him that he needed to pay later than planned, I sent him back his $300 deposit less cost for postal moneyorder and stamp. The guy bitched me out, but he conducted his business like a bum...

WTF? Another one goes on ignore!

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by nsaqam
OT, I thought the same thing! I just thought he made a grammatical error using IS rather than ARE.

Tanner is good people and while Hogan has 85-90% of his posts in the Classifieds, Tanner does not.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to make a deal either way with Tanner. I just did as a matter of fact.

You better not stiff me on that LCD you little [bleep]! grin

Is there a reason you believe yourself entitled to use language on my thread that is a violation of terms of use on this forum?

Evidently, sir, you are a self-willed creature who gets excited very easily over nothing, and likes to stir the pot.

The issue is whether it is acceptable for a member here to post a WTB ad, state to other member that they want to buy gear offered to them "for a fair price" and then negotiate their deal only later stating their intent is to pay in several weeks or a month's time.

A

H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Tripper,

Ships in the dark, amigo.

Vaya con Dios...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, sensitive guy this Hogan!

The little [bleep] I was referring to was Tanner who recently sold me a Lee Collet Die (LCD).
He knows full well that I was joking.

Nowhere did I slander you. Nor did I do any pot stirring.

Like I said, sensitive guy this Hogan!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the bottom of every thread there's a link directly to RickBin.

Feel free to report me.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 16bore
Schit, it's just nice to see a stand up 18 year-old.....

That certainly is fewer and farther between anymore!

About immaturity, it always amazes me. A guy opens a "call out" thread, it doesn�t go as he had planned, now EVRYONE ELSE is THE jerk...Pot or Kettle???

I�ve done a bit of business here. The vast majority of my posts are in the classifieds, that�s ok with me. Some guys are Johnny on the Spot with their payment, shipping etc. Others, well, it�s a little more difficult. I see little wrong with how Tanner handled the deal after he said �No thanks�� I am , also, with the �No harm, no foul�� crowd. JMHO.

As for the �fair price� deal�, well, there are a few folks who are WAY too proud of their stuff. They are also usually the threads that go on and on with �bump� or �TTT� and no replies� I have also received plenty of �fair priced� items on here. And I make an honest effort to appropriately price my items for sale. It�s the nature of the online classifieds, sight un-seen world. Either deal with it, or don�t buy/sell on them.

That's my 2 cents!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nsaqam
At the bottom of every thread there's a link directly to RickBin.

Feel free to report me.

If you call Rick Bin what ever you do "don't mention anything about guns"..you want ever get the dude off the phone.

Last edited by Oklahoma; 05/23/12.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 16bore
Schit, it's just nice to see a stand up 18 year-old.....

Amen!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There are more than a few on here I've put on ignore (as a reminder) because if being idiots with items for sale. I've called a few off also because some folks are just a PIA and I've said [bleep] it because I never need the money that bad.

I guess some folks can read others better.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And after reading all this I am reminded that once again the wheat and chaff always separate with a little shake.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Jesus H... it appears that you still haven't read the apology I took the time to write for you. I had no intention of buying "both" actions at any point in time. I bought ONE gun, in fact I traded it here locally. The guy I traded it to provided me with a badass Remington 700 Classic 375 H&H, with which I will likely drag around 10-15 days this year when I come back from school and hopefully kill at least 4 ungulates with. I've hardly had a "blazing path" across the internet, I just take advantage of being able to ask questions to those with a lot of experience and insight.

I work my ass off on the weekends, and come Tuesday I'll work 5-6 days a week. I'm hardly a "bum" and don't really give a dang about trying to screw someone out of their last $10 dollars. See if anyone else wants to purchase a factory barrel for 170-180 dollars.

You had also said that you would've been fine hanging onto the barrel for me, which is ironically exactly what I'd asked if you would do? So I'm a bit confused about that.

Sadly, this whole thing could've been solved via PM, but you elected to not read mine and instead attempt to drag me through the mud. I hope it was worth it for you, sir!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hogan made my "Ignore List" way back in January 2007.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1188172/Re_No_Scruples_list#Post1188172

Rather interesting and insightful to review his posts back in 2007 and flash forward to today...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And after reading all this I am reminded that once again the wheat and chaff always separate with a little shake.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I�ve done a bit of business here. The vast majority of my posts are in the classifieds, that�s ok with me.

Imagine that! What you are doing is OK with you! People amaze me sometime. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner

Jesus H... it appears that you still haven't read the apology I took the time to write for you. I had no intention of buying "both" actions at any point in time. I bought ONE gun, in fact I traded it here locally. The guy I traded it to provided me with a badass Remington 700 Classic 375 H&H, with which I will likely drag around 10-15 days this year when I come back from school and hopefully kill at least 4 ungulates with. I've hardly had a "blazing path" across the internet, I just take advantage of being able to ask questions to those with a lot of experience and insight.

I work my ass off on the weekends, and come Tuesday I'll work 5-6 days a week. I'm hardly a "bum" and don't really give a dang about trying to screw someone out of their last $10 dollars. See if anyone else wants to purchase a factory barrel for 170-180 dollars.

You had also said that you would've been fine hanging onto the barrel for me, which is ironically exactly what I'd asked if you would do? So I'm a bit confused about that.

Sadly, this whole thing could've been solved via PM, but you elected to not read mine and instead attempt to drag me through the mud. I hope it was worth it for you, sir!

Just curious as to what kind of barrel Mr tanner is looking for????

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (12344mag, 257 roberts, 160user, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,110
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.