-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I love the beer threads, Just had my first Velvet Rooster this evening, would glady enjoy again. Had a Buffalo Sweat a while back and that was good too. I gotta tell you for Ales if it says Stone Brewing on the label, shut up and drink it, you won't regret it a bit. Gotta love anything that says Alaskan onit too. My all time fav is Alakan White, can't get it in Kansas, sucks to be me, but I buy alot when I go back to Colorado for visits. Alaskan Summer is on my list and Alaskan IPA is one of the best/smoothest IPA's you will ever try. I just love trying anything from a small micro brewery, you never know what you are going to get, but you can rest assured that the guy putting it in the bottle/can is proud of it and wants to share. RustyL

GB4

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[quote=rugerrunner] I gotta tell you for Ales if it says Stone Brewing on the label, shut up and drink it, you won't regret it a bit. [quote]

Someone might if they're not really into hops.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I grant you the hops part. Every Stone's I've tried has plenty. I guess thats an aquired taste thing. RustyL

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do you like Boulevard?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Teal, you ever try any of these? I've only had the red bottle, but it's very good.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Boulevard has some good stuff too. We can get their Wheat on tap around here, Their Pale Ale is fine, Tank Seven is better

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I generally like well hopped beer, but a couple of the Stone brews are too much except for occasional consumption in moderate quantity. That's coming from a guy whose staples include Victory Hop Devil and Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Their PA and Hefe were our faves when I had to live in KS.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lagunitas, Little Sumpin is pretty good too. Sierra Torpedo, Victory Golden Monkey is a Fav, Storm King is right up there

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lagunitas IPA is a fine beer..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Teal, you ever try any of these? I've only had the red bottle, but it's very good.

[Linked Image]

Chimay Blue was my longstanding favorite, until I found my friend that I posted above. I love it when Chimay 1500ml bottles come out around Christmas, I always grab a few.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I love these threads. The only thing that gets me though is theres no way Ill ever get to try most of the beers shown in this thread!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by levrluvr

Molson Canadian and their ales have been part of our family's life at our place in Ontario since the 1950's.

Mt. Sutton/Mt. Saint Anne in QC, 1984. Six pack of Brador Dark for breakfast and ski down to the lift. Hit a spruce about 20' up jumping off a headwall at speed, wearing camouflage jumpsuit. Destroyed a set of K2s first day I ran them. Picked up by a bombshell French Canadian of 31. Next day, after some more BDs, I leaned with all my weight on my hand on an electric stove. Unfortunately for me the thing was on and glowing bright orange when I did that. I had four 3rd degree semicircles on my palm. Had the scar for maybe 5 years. The next year I turned 16. Ugh. Good times, but ugh.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by teal
I
Also starting to play with the idea of building my own kayak so that might kill some brewing time.

On my agenda

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/...uck-10-light-recreational-kayak-kit.html

Think it's a great project for out at camp.

A neighbor builds and runs his own 'yaks. They're truly a thing of beauty. The guy is obviously very talented and experienced with building them I'll ask for some casual thoughts on design, and general pluses and minuses and pass them on. Any idea what kind of water you'd be using it in?

I've only used the composites in freshwater bodies, but they're such neat rigs, and for some applications, nothing can touch a 'yak, as far as paddle-powered jobbies go.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
All -

When I comes to beers - I prefer stouts and belgians. Not a hop head.

Therefore I had to share. Came across Buffalo Sweat by Tallgrass Brewing out of Manhatten KS. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but believe is a great beer.

Hands down, the best stout I've come across in a VERY long time. It's an Oatmeal Cream Stout.

Prefer it over Left Hand's Milk Stout, over Guinness and even Guinness Foreign Extra.

I've been drinking it over my homebrew - that good. Of course now exact kits are available from Northern Brewer to make your own if you aren't in Tallgrass' distro. They're not clones - they are the real deal, put together in partnership with Tallgrass. It's essentially their recipie - scaled down for 5 gallons at a time.

[Linked Image]

Good to know.. I'll see if I can find some around here.. Stouts and Porters are some REALLY good stuff, usually..

Originally Posted by ironbender
I sent some to a lab one time wondering what exactly is in that beer.

The lab report came back stating...........my horse has diabetes!
Hmmm.. Grain Belt?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by levrluvr

Molson Canadian and their ales have been part of our family's life at our place in Ontario since the 1950's.

Mt. Sutton/Mt. Saint Anne in QC, 1984. Six pack of Brador Dark for breakfast and ski down to the lift. Hit a spruce about 20' up jumping off a headwall at speed, wearing camouflage jumpsuit. Destroyed a set of K2s first day I ran them. Picked up by a bombshell French Canadian of 31. Next day, after some more BDs, I leaned with all my weight on my hand on an electric stove. Unfortunately for me the thing was on and glowing bright orange when I did that. I had four 3rd degree semicircles on my palm. Had the scar for maybe 5 years. The next year I turned 16. Ugh. Good times, but ugh.

kg- you obviously missed the fine print on the Brador label stating "not recommended for breakfast" grin
I've actually forgotten how to start a '57 Evinrude after tangling with that stuff.
Try LeBatt's Extra Stock- it's got about the same taste, and kick.

It seems I have brewery just 20 minutes from the farm we bought here in Wisconsin, but I've yet to peruse the menu or take the tour. New Glarus Brewery in New Glarus, WI; supposedly makes some fine stuff. Road trip, soon.....
Jim

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Here are two of my favorities:

Left hand Brewing Co. - "Smokejumper" (a smoked porter)

Sam Adams Utopius - goes for about $300 a bottle and is very difficult to get. We used it to celebrate our granddaughter's birth - @5% alcohol!!! see: http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-detail.aspx?id=f2f5d102-82aa-4971-ba34-452dc736573c

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Black IPA's seem to be a current trend among a few microbreweries lately.
They can be a hit or miss IMO..balancing the hops with the black patent character is where they can get off balance.
Alaskan Brewing Co. makes a good version that isn't too over the top.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought this stuff was surprisingly delicious....

[Linked Image]

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i like cold beer....or free

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,888
Posts18,479,129
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.