Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm surely not one of the "betters on the fire" but I had the same experience almost 12 years ago. I didn't attend. And I have regretted it....it wasn't his fault she grew up to be a bitch.

Last edited by Batchief909; 08/23/12.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I would pay a visit to your ex beforhand and ask her if it would be OK to attend with your boys. If she would rather you wouldn't, give her your respects and sorrow in your father-in-laws passing and wish her well.

Phil

That's good.

Except I would think about calling rather than a face to face.
That's what I was thinking.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they have visitation at the funeral home a day or two before the funeral, you might be able to slip in, sign the register, say your goodbyes and drop a card in the basket. They'll know you were there and unless the ex is there at the same time you can do it on your own terms.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
just wanting to know how my 'betters' on the 'fire would handle it
Betters? Ignore my post then. wink

Hope it works out good for you. Tough situation to be in, but I'm sure you'll play it well.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went for my daughters and my ex-wife with whom I remained (and still remain) friends. Her current husband got bent out of shape, but I figured that was his problem, not mine. If my ex had asked me (or had someone relay the message) not to come, I would have respected her wishes.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I think you should go - and think you will be glad you did.

Also think the family will be glad you came.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to the Funeral home before the big service and sign the guest book.

Shows you care without much effort and probably won't have to run into anyone.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Go. You're not paying your respects to the family, you are paying them to your FIL...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What ingwe said. My thoughts exactly.

John

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Flowers, and a card - visit surreptitiously, if you will. No need to disrupt the ceremonies.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
oldtrapper is also oldundertaker.

Your boys need their father's support. Go.

Your ex brotherinlaw is a friend. Go.

The deceased was a friend. Go.

I've never seen a funeral where everyone was friends with everyone. Go.

Death is a common denominator. If ya go with the right intentions and someone acts like a horse's azz, it is on them. Go.

Go, you will otherwise regret it. Your question tells me so.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Very well said. I'd go because once I didn't and ever since I've wished I had. It's not about you and HER. Just don't sit next to HER in the family section and you'll be fine.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Left condolence message with bil's home phone, he's been with his mom all day. Talked to sil and she'd like to see me, so maybe it wouldn't be too outta line to go. I find it ironic that the ex was outta town with the 'worlds most interesting man', and reason for our divorce. Sil beat her back to town from Helena by a full day, as she won't get back until tomorrow. That's the update, appreciate all the feedback, fellers. Unless mother dearest wishes otherwise, I'll probably go. They're setting it up for tuesday to allow time for the outta town relatives to show up.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Go is the true answer too IMHO. Has nothign to do with the ex at all, but with the relationship you had with the FIL.

Best of luck though, I'll keep you in thoughts and prayers, my condolences and to those family members also.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
thanks,jeff

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Left condolence message with bil's home phone, he's been with his mom all day. Talked to sil and she'd like to see me, so maybe it wouldn't be too outta line to go. I find it ironic that the ex was outta town with the 'worlds most interesting man', and reason for our divorce. Sil beat her back to town from Helena by a full day, as she won't get back until tomorrow. That's the update, appreciate all the feedback, fellers. Unless mother dearest wishes otherwise, I'll probably go. They're setting it up for tuesday to allow time for the outta town relatives to show up.

Strength, Wisdom, and Love go with thee, Mister.

...travel safe.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd rather go and have it potentially be a bit uncomfortable than not go and regret it for the rest of your life.

I chose not to go to a funeral about five years ago and frequently regret it. Sucks!!

I say go.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe I would go pay my respect with my hat in my hand. Kinda hard to see how that could go wrong...Best wishes with this and sorry for your families loss...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It seems as if drama is in your future, I would not go. You made your attempt.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,492
Posts18,509,073
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.