-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe lost within 10 minutes. He came across as smug and dismissive. That's all that the Romney team needed.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times.

How many times did Ryan interrupt just for the sake of comparison? GW
.................Nowhere near 82 times. Totally lopsided in the interrupting dept.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No way did Biden win this debate. Honestly, to me no one came off as the home run victor. I do give the edge to Ryan though and had he told Biden to shut the heck up and let him speak I think it would have spoken volumes. In the end I think he did the right thing. He was respectful and if you want to work together with both parties you need to be that way. And he didn't necessarily have to do anything big to keep the ball rolling for Romney.

Biden may have controlled the debate, but it certainly wasn't by any substance with what he said. He just wouldn't let the debate happen because of his interupting arrogance and attitude, which is what I think the Dems wanted. Ryan said it best, that if you don't have a record to run on you use scare tactics to keep them voting for the opposition. Biden was just reaching out and pulling everything he could to hopefully stick. I don't think it's going to sit well with the American people on how he acted. Voters want to hear both sides. It wasn't professional in the least bit. If he were confident in what he had to bring to the table he would have let Ryan speak. And the fact that he denied they knew anything about the requests made in Libya, I simply cannot believe that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My read on it. Looking at Romney's comment on the 47%, Romney clearly states that he will never get the vote of 47% of the electorate regardless of what he does or says. So in reality they are competing over 4% of the voters to carry them over the top. The Independent voter in other words.

I have already made my decision long ago that Biden is a complete ass but believe it or not, a lot of voters don't even know he is the Vice President (I still have trouble believing it). In many circles people still respect polite behavior and do not appreciate condescending, rude, petulant behavior in a grown man. They might perhaps expect it from a young upstart.

I think the handlers really lead Joe down the wrong path because that behavior only appealed to the MSNBC watching crowd, snarky at best. I only wonder if other stations did the split screen like Fox so you could see the big jackass. If not, perhaps that was part of the plan too.

Last edited by supercrewd; 10/11/12.

NRA Life Member
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
He sure is, old joe blow hard. God it was tough watching him try to make his gestures mean something. A real buffoon, old joe, is.
Sure would be nice to have a real VP with class represent us. Also,A real business man represent us in the WH.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not looking all that good for `ol Joe on Twitter.

His arrogance, smirking, laughing, condescending, and the continual interrupting just may have overshadowed everything else.

Impression is so critical. Joe`s likability among independents and undecideds imo went down a few points.

The hard left Obammy supporters, suckers and drones loved the debate and thought that Joe won.

Joe`s version of who knew what and blaming the intel regarding the events in Libya,,,is haunting him already!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ryan's demeanor was calculated and executed with controlled precision. He came away as the respectful gentleman with continually interrupted facts and straight talk which was relentlessly cut short and badgered by a cbs witch.

Joe did his own damage, punched himself out with the cbs whore stroking his dead old dick.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To me Biden came off as a blowhard, a pompous ass. But that was pretty much a given before the debate.

Ryan did well if you dismissed Biden's rhetoric, I don't think Ryan has the mindset for adversarial debate. I would not want Ryan arguing my case before a jury. I would want Biden arguing my case before a jury particularly if I was guilty. Now if my case was before a judge who would dismiss the extraneous crap, definitely Ryan.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LMAO!!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by supercrewd
My read on it. Looking at Romney's comment on the 47%, Romney clearly states that he will never get the vote of 47% of the electorate regardless of what he does or says. So in reality they are competing over 4% of the voters to carry them over the top. The Independent voter in other words.

It's not that simple. A big portion of that 47% is also one of the least likely to get out and vote. The elderly, yes. But the youngsters and the welfare rolls don't usually bother. So 47% of the electorate won't vote for Romney, but half of those can't be bothered to vote for Obama either..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
You are correct.

Ryan looked like a puzzy.

Travis

No, that is called class. Ryan has a pretty in depth workout program. If he wanted, he could get Biden's lunch money from him real quick.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Putting aside partisanship as much as I am able, I'd say 55-45 Bidens's favor in the public view. Bastid lies smoothly - he's had practice.

And he had the "patrician' look going for him.

He's obviously not as dumb as Fox News makes him out to be...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems Biden a bit old to me for the young generation vote regardless of what comes out his hole.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Putting aside partisanship as much as I am able, I'd say 55-45 Bidens's favor in the public view. Bastid lies smoothly - he's had practice.

And he had the "patrician' look going for him.

He's obviously not as dumb as Fox News makes him out to be...

I think that's called the "Idiot" look! Or he was talking out of his other [bleep]... Biden lost 20 points by just making a ass out of himself. He didn't need any help from Ryan. And No, he's not a very good liar, either. Hell, he's to dumb to even spell F-O-X. cool

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
why wont biden shut his damn mouth and let ryan talk?...
...what an ass!

Biden's strategy was in fact not to let Ryan speak.

- Rogue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Biden is just as fake as his white teeth.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
For a while there I was thinking old Joe was going to tell Ryan to pull his finger, he reminded me of the old SNL skit where Chevy Chase was making faces every time his opponent looked the other way.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
At the point where things boiled up to the "oh now you're Jack Kennedy?"

Ryan should have just stopped, looked directly at Biden and asked him if he was ok.

Something clever here.

338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A quote from Walter, "800 Million Billion" WTF?

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One thing I haven't seen latched onto in the press....

Joe said something to the effect of "who cares if Iran can create a nuclear device? They don't have a weapon to deliver it, so it doesn't matter if they can make a bomb."

And no one caught that in the press? No one????

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.