Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Been a member there for some time and enjoy it.

+1

I tend to stay away from political sections. I never knew an anti-American bias existed.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by stxhunter
signed up over there the other day to say high to lawrence, man talk about a dead place. you might get one reply a day on a thread if your lucky.

This place has helped me time and time again. Love it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I also frequent this site and accuratereloading.com. I agree with those who have said AR's forums for hunting in Africa and all other continents (except North America) are superior to anything on the internet. (24hourcamfire.com has better coverage of North American hunting than AR.)

I do like AR's classifieds better because items on that forum are easier to find. Granted, 24HC's classified section has more visitors (potential buyers), but that can be a negative when readers search for something hidden somewhere in ten or more pages of items posted that day.

The campfire's classified thread could be greatly improved by separating items into categories, such as firearms, firearms parts, ammunition, equipment, hunting clothes, books, etc., etc., etc., much like the classified sections of newspapers.

Bill Quimby

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by agazain
Without AR I wouldn't have heard of 'the fire'. Third leg of the stool could be NitroExpress, but it isn't really part of a triumvirate...

I went from NitroExpress to AR, then here. I like to spread my "wisdom". whistle whistle

crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry just PM me to say he sent this thread to Saeed. can you believe a 72 yr old so called man running and tattling because he thinks he's being picked on. I never realized just how utterly pathetic this individual is till now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
check out this PM, i mean how pathetic must his life be?

45-70 shooter
Posted 16 January 2013 22:38
from Key West to TX in a few hours.

really enjoyed your thread on the campfire (Roger sent it along) where you and your trolls went on about only coming here to stalk me and then all the racist/ethnic slurs as well.

you can guess who was sent a link to it......
(chuckle).

Tick, Toc.............

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I love that site, that is where I first heard of 24hr!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That jerk hates America and I got sick of it and asked him to delete me. The mods there sold their soul to him and are bought and paid f or by him. Turncoats.

Principle Above All Else
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
That's probably where I heard of the Campfire, too � or the old shooters.com � and left with a bellyful of guys like Good Ol' HotCore. Been happy here despite a few like Good Ol' HotCore here, too.

No, on further thought, I think that I heard of this forum on shooters.com and heard of Saeed's forum here.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I first starting posting on AccurateReloading I didn't even know of Saeed. He wrote me a couple of personal emails and sent along some exceptionally nice images of African animals. I don't agree with everything I've seen him post but that is pretty much consistent with everyone else here.

I also heard of 24hr there and spend all of my time here now.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never understood the mentality of coming on a forum to complain about another forum. Every forum has strengths and weeknesses. It's not like 24hour lacks leftists and morons.

Saeed is from a different part of the world and a different country, hence he has a different point of view. I can respect that. When you consider all the nasty comments he's recieved, he's shown quite a bit of restraint and gentlemanly behaviour.

If you enjoy AR, great, if you have better things to do with your time, great.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been a member there since 2004. Post/reply maybe 2 or 3 times a week. The info and hunting pics of Africa are great.

Ray
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AR have one heck of a rifle collection I'll give them that.

The worst place ever was Shortmags.org.What a pathetic [bleep] that moderator was-is...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i ain't been to that site in so long i forgot about it!....never could figuer out what the helll them leftys were doing with guns in the 1st place......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody ever go to huntamerica.com anymore?

24hcf, huntamerica and Accuratereloading were the three sites I'd spend all my time on. IIRC the moderator over at HA had a meltdown one day and started banning people right and left. I haven't been to that site in many years.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
haven't been their in a few yrs, came here from there. don't think it even exists anymore.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had to check myself before making my post. It exists but I have no idea if it's under the same ownershp or not. That place became a ghost town after the owner/moderator had his banning tantrum.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Huntamerica and huntingnet were the first sites I ever lurked on. Huntingnet had a decent archery section and why I found them... Late 90s.

Bowsite was also one I frequented at that time.

Back then we had one computer and a couple kids at home, so frequent meant maybe an hour a week.

Started reloading for rifle just before 2000... there was HA and HN to start, there was some guy named Steve that had a load site... there was hunttalk with some Moosie guy... I found shooters right before they disappeared... there was something like 'reload bulletin board'...

Don't know how many are still around.

Kent

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I think that anyone who spends his own money and creates the finest African hunting site on the net deserves a lot of praise. I have no quarrel with Saeed. Again, where does he post anything anti-American?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's probably where I heard of the Campfire, too � or the old shooters.com � and left with a bellyful of guys like Good Ol' HotCore. Been happy here despite a few like Good Ol' HotCore here, too.

No, on further thought, I think that I heard of this forum on shooters.com and heard of Saeed's forum here.

Good God...

Good old Hot Bore....haven't thought of him in a while.. kind of shot himself in the foot when he claimed he had killed well over 2000 deer in life...

then after someone put that figure to a little math, and came out with an average number deer killed per year to reach a number like that...

one thing you could say about AR, is that it certainly attracted a number of flamboyant characters...

I Pm'ed Saeed once and asked him what was the cost for him to sponsor the site monthly... he told me $2500+.. all out of his pocket...

that is why many guys liked to response that those who didn't like the site, should request a refund then..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.