Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Last year I had a SAKO AIII Safari Grade Rifle for sale in the mid $2m's. I posted it on both sites, it sold on AR next day at a fair price but I did get a few low ball offers here.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by krp
Just checked my membership and it's still there, joined the same time as here though I've never posted... never posted anywhere until here in '08. Joined sites to use the search function on reloading info, many sites required membership to search.

The thing I remember about that time and AR was Seafire and his bluedot loads... tried some in a 243 and they where amazing.

Haven't looked there in a long time.

Kent

I've heard of that Seafire character and those Blue Dot loads...tried some of them and they worked real well... couldn't believe tho, the guy stole my handle.. so I had to use Seafire2 instead...

guy was some sort of nut as I remember him...

Right, uh huh, yep, gotcha. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They have a forum just for lefties - left handed people, I should clarify. That's where I heard about the two very limited runs of Ruger LH stainless steel short action rifles and also the group buy of left handed Zastava Mausers.
a little off topic, but I got into it with Bricktop over that subject... I had seen some lefty handed Ruger Stainless Left Handed Short Actions at a local gunshop.. almost bought one for Seafire Jr..but he wanted a right handed rifle, as he learn to shoot lefty with a right handed bolt...

but Bricktop called me every name in the book and kept on demanding the name of the gunshop, so he could call them over it... he kept on insisting Ruger "Never Ever Ever made a short action, stainless in a left handed action"

well I guess that makes 2 of us who supposedly were hallucinating when we saw them......

of course I have pretty much ignored BrickTop and his charming personality ever since...
You never pass up an opportunity to quantify exactly how f*cking dumb you are, do you? Jesus Christ.

At the time you were proving to God and the world that no one could bury their head any further up their ass than you, NO, Ruger was NOT making any short action left-handed rifles in stainless, nor were they making any stainless left-handed rifles. It was about a year ago if you'd like to revisit that episode. I went as far as calling your f*cking bitch-ass bluff and contacted the shop you mentioned and they confirmed that they had no such rifle nor had they EVER handled any such rifle. Because Ruger is now making them doesn't get your dumb f*cking ass off the hook for that incident. It's just another instance of your f*cking ego getting in your way.

Seawhiz at Her Best

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AR has gone to hell in a handbasket. I posted there (mostly in the political forum) roughly 30,000 times......but today only check the classifieds if I want to buy or sell something.

Moderators were a$$holes mostly....it was never clear where the flak was coming from.....it just got to the point I went elsewhere.

I recognize a lot of folks here from there....they run off a lot of very good posters like Digital Dan....

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

That reminds me of a time a couple of buddies and I were coming home from bass fishing at night.

We were a few miles out of town yet on a windy road, pitch black, swept around a corner and the headlights flashed over a dude... long haired, hippy looking, no shirt for sure, walking 50 yards out in the desert, direction was away from town, no light we could see... smack in the middle of a cholla patch.

What the hell was that!

A naked dude!

Where the hell's he going!

He's right in the middle of the cholla!

What's he doing off the road?

Did he have a light?

Should I find a place to turn around with the boat and check him out?

He looked like Jesus!

Maybe he can walk on cactus...

He'll be alright, let's go home.

Kent

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I quit on reading how a 257 roberts was a poor deer rifle on that forum. Fellow was discussing how he was shooting into a flock of deer and not one dropped, thus the roberts was no good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like Maddog I used to participate in AR regularly as I was planning a safari; likely the best place on the 'net for such. There are members there who have made a number of trips and are a great repository of experience on travel, customs, and booking/PH recommendations.

Saeed seems to like Americans, but not our government. It would seem that in any political season there are ample numbers in this country who feel the same. And, yes, he has been quite generous in friendly contributions for our men in uniform. In the early years of the Iraq conflict an AR member was throwing a farewell sendoff for a squad of soldiers; I couldn't contribute much but sent off a meager check. The member sent out a "thank you" email to all that contributed and Saeed was on the list. Shortly thereafter there was an AR -bashing thread here involving people who bitched about Saeed and hence left AR. Interesingly, none of the bitchers here contributed while at AR as had Saeed and others.

As to moderators: AR has no advertising and no interest in running up post counts to enhance advertising revenue. Hence fools aren't tolerated quite as much.

Having said all that, I prefer this place as there is so much variety in content and characters. Just wanted to set the record straight as I see it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
AR is probably the best site for African hunting. I read that plus the big bore and double rifle stuff.

I have never seen any anti-American stuff on AR. Where is it?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got kicked out of there actually - and I am darn proud of it too smile

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
African and Rifles Forum, in my opinion, the best site for all three. Everybody's pretty much covered all the other bases. Oh, and I've outed Larry over there as well. They have his number(s).

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Been a member there for some time and enjoy it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The liberal wing there was way too agresive to my liking.

Remember that guy with Minderwertigkeitskomplex? Duhman or something like that?

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I've enjoyed the site for many years, though I don't go there as often now.
There are lots of decent, knowledgeable people on there as well as a significant share of vocal "experts" (in their own mind)who don't know their front from their back. It doesn't take long to figure out who is worth listening to, and who is full of it.
I find Saeed a decent fellow, I have no issues with him. A bit aside, I think he spent several years in the states (Texas I think) and was very good at trapshooting. I believe his brother was/is also big into trapshooting and had some noteable sucess quite recently. I don't have to agree with someone all the time to feel that way about him.
"Walter" is either a made up character or just a buffoon though.
Lots of good info there on african hunting and some really knowledgeable gunsmiths on there regularily as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
AR earned its current status with great diligence and perseverance. Screw 'em.

Saeed is like any other benevolent master. They are nice to those who tow the line and a prick to those who don't.

Only forum I ever got the boot from. I was tired of Saeed, insulting, etc. our pres, GW, so I posted a photo of Saeed's leader (I guess his uncle or some inbred relative), the old fart, and commented on how stupid he looks. That post disappeared so fast, I'm fairly sure only Saeed saw it. I was forgiven, lectured, then reinstated by Don, but I told him off and quit. smile I then recieved several annonomous threats on my life, telling me that Saeed had a lot of money and he could hire the best.

I used to defend guys like Sea Fairy from the real dirtbags on that forum, but Sea Fairy turned on me on this forum. So screw him too. smile

I did copy some pretty funny stuff from there, including a Digital Dan picture of a cool door knocker.

There are many copies.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Dickless, I mean BrickTopped...

I see something managed to catch your attention...

and it gave your ego the expected response..

thanks for the morning laugh... you still aren't any smarter now than you were a year ago evidently...

once again, your stellar personality shows itself.. and that is always good for a laugh as you show off what a pompous moron you are..

so have a nice day, and F.O.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Without AR I wouldn't have heard of 'the fire'. Third leg of the stool could be NitroExpress, but it isn't really part of a triumvirate...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's probably where I heard of the Campfire, too � or the old shooters.com � and left with a bellyful of guys like Good Ol' HotCore. Been happy here despite a few like Good Ol' HotCore here, too.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

This, pretty much. I was a member on AR before I stumbled into this joint, actually. wink

It's a lot more diverse, and has more international stuff and some of the kind of hunting/traveling I am interested in than we do here. That said, I have become friends with, and spent time with more folks here. Good folks at both places, but had I to choose, I'd be here.

We actually only keep you around here for the food reports! wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (808outdoors, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 907brass, 14 invisible), 15,080 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,909
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.