Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wdg, I went pre-fab too but in metal followed by homemade shelves from mdf. I have stuffed it in my closet with two 150w compact fl lights overhead and it is bright. It works well for now but I have a Lee progressive and a Square Deal to mount so I am planning the next bench.

[Linked Image]

Dave

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My bench is a "baker's table" with butcher block top from the unfinished furniture store. I bought a two shelf book case and high back swivel bar stool at the seme time and finished them to match. Over the bench I installed three eyeball lights which give excellent illumination. I use Planter"s peanut jars for brass storage, they're square so they don't take up much room in addition they are clear with a wide mouth. Best solution to brass storage I've found. My presses are mounted to the bench with a quick change mounting system of my design, pull two locking pins to change to whichever press or accessory I want to use and the benchtop is not woodpeckered full of holes. Seldom used presses are mounted on a microwave cart from the home center, locking casters make it easy to move into position for use and back to storage location when not used.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Decided to go with the Harbor Freight bench over the Kobalt and picked it up yesterday. I googled , "Harbor Freight Coupons", and up came a 20% off one item coupon good until the end of January. They have it on sale at $159.99, so it netted out at $128, not bad. I put it together last night and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I think I'm going to do as sig88 did and attach a 3/4" solid top to it, just to beef it up a little.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
That's just WAY too neat! Needs more clutter to be a REAL loading bench grin

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I use one of those for my workbench in the garage it is sturdy and I did use it for reloading until the weather go cold around here I then I threw something together with some left over cabinets I had and just a simple plywood top for in the basement. But that will work very well for you.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the same bench....actually two of them. Best solution I could find.

[Linked Image]

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the same bench....actually two of them. Best solution I could find. Kids moved out...I moved in...lol.

[Linked Image]

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
tag

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Since I'm off for Marty's Birthday, I had some time to get one press mounted. It's removable and can be locked down anywhere along the bench. I used T nuts under holes I drilled in the top and threaded clamping knobs. I also plan to mount my measures,trimmer, and shotshell presses with this system. This press was mounted higher so that drawers below will work with it mounted and to get it a little higher.

[Linked Image]

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but that doesn't look that solid..I looks like you will be getting more flex/movement than you want with the way that press is mounted... I could be wrong though just seems that way...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I made from fron a second kitchen benchtop.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MuleyFan
Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but that doesn't look that solid..I looks like you will be getting more flex/movement than you want with the way that press is mounted... I could be wrong though just seems that way...

That was a concern of mine as well. It's very solid.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That is a very good looking bench and I like the light color. Did it come finished or do you need to apply some type of finish to it?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Finished

- Henry Ford
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by whitedogone
Originally Posted by MuleyFan

That was a concern of mine as well. It's very solid.

Cool..Looks like yer getting setup quite well...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks pretty solid to me. Your workmanship and design of the mount looks very good. A LOT of people don't recognise the value of raising a press high enough to allow the lever to be fully depressed without having to bend over!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks, I did spent a little extra time cutting a couple dados and using the plate joiner on the top. The other mounts will be a simple flat piece of wood.

- Henry Ford
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I too have that same bench. Been using it for about 4 years now.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RRA223
Looking good. I picked up my Harbor Freight loading bench today! Thanks for posting this.

Well, you know the drill....no pictures....didn't happen.

- Henry Ford
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I bought this same bench and just put it together. So what are the wood dowls and metal anvils that it comes with? I know they go into the holes on the top and I wont be using them, just not sure what they would be used for?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,681
Posts18,474,998
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.