Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
It might very well be, the hunter is a guy named Real Langlois also known as the Rack Man.
I think he has a hunting concession around the McMillan river area. Standing next to that moose sure is humbling, I'm 6'1" and could lie down between those paddles!

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Went to Newfoundland a couple of time. Saw a bunch of moose each time and was fortunate to take 2 bulls. One at 18 yards the other a little over 25 yards.
The people there add a whole lot to the experience, swell folks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a good day for something.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lhook7
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by Lhook7
Great pictures everyone!

My buddy and I were lucky enough to draw tags in Alaska in the Selawik NWR for September, so I am hoping to have some trophy pictures to share after that hunt.

Who you going to fly out with? That'll be a fun hunt. How many days?

Some great pictures on this thread. Crazy as it sounds, I haven't been moose hunting in a few years!

We're going with Joe Schuster at Sportsman's Air Service. We are doing a nonguided hunt and Joe will provide air taxi and a fully outfitted camp. Our dates are Sept. 10-20. I've only had the tag for about a week and the wait is already killing me!

Joe's good people and a fine pilot. You should have a great trip.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the response. i have been fortuante enough to have managed to somehow roll a few of the yukon variety over in order to process. They seemed about twice as big as the Alberta variety in my opinion.
shocked
tz

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Nice bull, and with "simple" archery equipment. My dad and his partner had gone to NFLD a few years back and they had a blast.
My dad saw 13 moose from half hour after sunup to about 11:30am.
They both got their moose the second day and spent the rest of the week hunting small game and fishing,( alot of walking, they were exhausted and sore by then!)

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
tz, Would love to see some pics if you`ve got any!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I got a serious case of moose envy after reading this thread but I'll throw in my 40" taken in Wyoming in 2006.
300 Win Mag at 300 yards.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Luck favors the prepared.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Hey NW AK. Can I come live with you! Those are some nice Moose. I hate my life. Are you folks crossing them with Caribou? Never saw a moose with a shovel.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Must be nice to see them miles away.Here it's a touch different.
[Linked Image]

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Nice bull!

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
NW AK, Those are some pretty nice pics! Is that 2 moose down within a few yards of each other??
Would like to hear story on that one!
What cartidges/bullets were you and your party using-distances?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks. Yeah that was a good time. I wrote it up here:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6995201/My_2012_Moose#Post6995201

I had my bow, but others had 338's.

M
M
body wrap are among the most popular items in the market at present. These items are effective in supporting your body, promoting magnetic therapy and in providing the right kind of support needed by some parts of your body. This body wrap is primarily used by people who are suffering from conditions that are related to pain because of its effectiveness in providing pain relief and physical support to the affected area or joints. Among the many parts of the body that are greatly supported by this wrap are knees, shoulders, elbows and ankles. You can also expect it to work in treating tennis elbow and persistent joint pain.

While there are firm magnetic wrap that are effective in providing the best support to your body, there are also flexible ones which you can use in dealing with conditions that result from work-related activities. The flexible type is usually used by sportsmen who wish to obtain relief from joint pain and prevent muscle strain. The good thing about the wraps is that these are also effective in treating conditions that lead to long-term consequences, preventative care, sports injuries and short and acute pain episodes.

It should be noted that there are different types of magnet wraps at present so finding one which caters to the specific problems that you have with your joints and body parts is possible. The majority of these items are light in weight so you will never have a problem moving around with it. High quality magnetic body wraps are also popular for their toughness and durability. Another advantage of this wrap is that you can use it in undergoing magnetic therapy which can be extremely beneficial for your health.

One of the major benefits of undergoing magnetic therapy with the help of a magnetic body wrap is that it works in treating chronic pains. You can expect the therapy to work perfectly for those who are suffering from migraines, joint pains, back aches, carpal tunnel syndrome and spondylitis. If you are planning to use the magnet wrap when trying to undergo the therapy to treat chronic pains, then you should know that it works even more effectively in getting rid of the pain from your back, thighs and shoulders.

You can also expect the magnetic wraps to work effectively for patients who want to battle depression through magnetic therapy. The act of using magnets when it comes to treating depression is called repetitive transcranial magnetic simulation and this works by stimulating the specific part of your brain which triggers a depressed state. If you are only suffering from mild depression, then using the most suitable magnetic body wrapsfor you might help.

The body wraps are also effective in managing stress. The ability of this wrap to support some parts of your body can help you obtain the kind of relaxation that you need after an extremely stressful day at work. This is a huge help in decreasing your stress levels, thereby allowing you to prevent any health consequences triggered by a higher stress level. Taking all these benefits into consideration, it is just right for you to purchase this type of magnet wrap and use it to safely undergo magnetic therapy.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
WTF!?!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Great story! Thanks

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Otter6
WTF!?!

Get rich quick troll or trolless.

I got pics - if I can just figure out what my photobucket password is.. but not on this computer.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Could've killed this one 2 different days less than 30yds from the truck in late Oct:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by horse1; 03/09/13.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 41rem, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 60 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,024
Posts18,520,825
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.