Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I have seen all the call out threads on here I don't want to call anyone out just let others know do some checking before buying.

I have an issue that came up. I have bought and sold to and from a lot of great folks on this and other sites and until now NEVER had a problem. My wife said i have been lucky to always have received what i bought the way it was described.
I wasn't as lucky this time.

Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say.

I am waiting on the sellers final reply about what he is willng to do But have ordered parts to cure the problem right now at my expense.

Buyer be ware and do some checking good. This seller has almost all of his post in you guessed it the classifieds.

Last edited by stumpman; 03/16/13.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Now back to your regular scheduled program

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stumpman
I have seen all the call out threads on here I don't want to call anyone out just let others know do some checking before buying.

I have an issue that came up. I have bought and sold to and from a lot of great folks on this and other sites and until now NEVER had a problem. My wife said i have been lucky to always have received what i bought the way it was described.
I wasn't as lucky this time.

Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say.

I am waiting on the sellers final reply about what he is willng to do But have ordered parts to cure the problem right now at my expense.

Buyer be ware and do some checking good. This seller has almost all of his post in you guessed it the classifieds.

Imagine that!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy from any of the bottom feeders. Maybe some around here will get wise and boycott these jacka$$es.

It never used to be this way. In the last couple/3 years this place has become overgrown with bottom feeders who contribute nothing to the site. They are like leeches.

If it was up to me, anybody with more posts in the classifieds than all other forums combined would be gone. It would do this site a lot of good, IMO.

I really don't give a flying [bleep] who agrees with me and who doesn't......

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I agree...a true measure of a man is how much crap he's posted online...

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
what if I only this site to BUY from the classifieds? Does that make me a "Bottom feeder"...jacka$$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by timl
I agree...a true measure of a man is how much crap he's posted online...

If you were able to differentiate between post count and post content you would find that nobody ever made such claim.

Given the fact that you haven't been here long enough to drink a cup of coffee, you haven't a clue as to what has gone on around here.

And that, renders your opinion invalid.

Thank you, have a nice day......

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Russdogg91
what if I only this site to BUY from the classifieds? Does that make me a "Bottom feeder"...jacka$$
Buying is a whole nother ball game. You send the money to the seller sight unseen he gets your money before he sends his item he can't lose. I bought a scope off of another sight $900.00 scope I only had 1 post on that site and don't go there much still the seller didn't care as he received his MO before sending his scope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stumpman
...Check out the sellers good before buying is all I can say...

Despite the pissing at each other about post count or location and whether that qualifies someone or not, this is still good advice.

Posting only in Classifieds may raise a red flag but shouldn't automatically condemn someone, and we all started with 1 post no matter who you are. Instead look more closely at the content of the posts instead of the count or location. I've had generally good results but had one seller who wasn't exactly honest. A post-sale check of his posts showed a typical pattern to all of them - almost everything was NIB, there were always some "extras" thrown in to make it more enticing, and there was always some desperate reason why he was selling - need to pay medical bills, need to buy Christmas presents, need the money for this or that. Taking any ad individually didn't cause concern. Taking them as a whole would have made one a lot more suspicious of someone who seemingly had such a huge amount of money problems.

No one universal criteria for the validity of a seller fits everyone, but unfortunately as this place has grown over the years the OP's warning has become more valid. The vast majority of folks here are still honest, but never forget caveat emptor.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
And out of the 9399 post you still suck and I don't
care if you agree or not. Seems like most of the
Veteran here crys all the time about bull$hit. I'm a bottom
feeder because that what I like to do if you have a problem
with that GFY.

Sincerely yours, The Classified Cowboy

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sellers are the people that keep a Classified section on a site running. Without sellers, there would be NO buyers. If you dont have anything positive to contribute to a Classified section, then go to a gun show or flea market and get off the forums. What is wrong with people listing items for sale that others may need? Would you rather them just be thrown in the garbage than sent somewhere that they can be used? You statements dont make any logical sense, classifieds are meant for buying and seller, NOT DISCUSSIONS or DEBATES...honestly

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
No I dont have alot of post on here but I have been around here for a long time. I feel like if any amount of money (say 20 or more) that you should take the time to make a five minute phone call. Most the time you can tell alot about someone in just a few minutes. Just my two cents

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskieMan223
Sellers are the people that keep a Classified section on a site running. Without sellers, there would be NO buyers. If you dont have anything positive to contribute to a Classified section, then go to a gun show or flea market and get off the forums. What is wrong with people listing items for sale that others may need? Would you rather them just be thrown in the garbage than sent somewhere that they can be used? You statements dont make any logical sense, classifieds are meant for buying and seller, NOT DISCUSSIONS or DEBATES...honestly

How about contributing to the body of knowledge found throughout this website which to me is the raison d'etre of these forums?
The Classifieds are a nice adjunct to the rest but certainly not the most valuable portion.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will also add the sellers in general do not keep the Classifieds running.

HONEST and FORTHRIGHT sellers do.
Dishonest sellers can ruin a site very quickly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still haven't figured out why people make posts in the classified forum that have nothing to with selling anything. The only thing it does is causes people to get into pissing matches about who's better then who.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Russdogg91
Mostly.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by flyphishr
I still haven't figured out why people make posts in the classified forum that have nothing to with selling anything. The only thing it does is causes people to get into pissing matches about who's better then who.
In this case it had everything to do with buying that is part of a clasified forum. I'm not sure how what I typed has anything to do with anyone being better then another just some have higher morals for the lack of the correct word and explain there items in the correct way to interested buyers before the sale is final.

If you don't like this thread no one made you or anyone else post or even look at it. I still haven't figured out why people who don't like these threads still post in them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flyphishr

But I have the longer dick..

Top that! grin

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Well I guess I'm a Bottom Feeder! LOL I don't have an outrageous post count. Honestly I have lurked here since mid 1990's. I was told about this site by JJ Hack. Which I'm sure if I looked I could find the email suggesting it. Reading posts and such. Over the years I've seen some real rude posts. Of course they normally get dealt with quickly by the crew. But still, calling folks that have just started here "Bottom Feeders" Just ain't right! Every now and again somebody is going to get shafted. I know I have and it wasn't from here. But I have been screwed twice. Once on a Beretta 626 Onyx from what I considered a reputable LARGE out door sporting goods place in Maine. Said the shotgun looked like it had not been hunted and in pristine condition. It was real nice except for the dent in the right barrel. I paid a pristine price tag for that gun and again when I had the barrel fixed. The other was another reputable place with the initials of G&H. Again a double shotgun a Centure Liege Royal Crown. Had them shoot it and show me the primer marks on the empty shells. Sent me pictures of two perfect firing pin marks on the primers. Got the gun here fired it at the local sporting clays range and the first two shells out of the gun had pierced primers. Took it to an outstanding local gunsmith and $250 latter she'd shoot with out piercing primers.

So the moral of the story is; if you buy used it can cost ya. But I will guarantee it won't cost ya from me. Even though I'm a "Bottom Feeder"!

Cheers,
Wild Bill

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, no one really cares what you think. And you don't have anything to do with it. So shut up and go build me my bird house.
I know that I trade, sell, and buy off of here. Yes I am a Classified Cowboy. That does not bother me a bit. But I enjoy bartering and trading. If I wanted top $$, I would put it on GunBroker. But I would rather help out the regular, good folks on here. And you call this a "bottom feeder"? Just because everyone isn't like you, then they are wrong. You are a real piece of work guy.

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I don't buy from any of the bottom feeders. Maybe some around here will get wise and boycott these jacka$$es.

It never used to be this way. In the last couple/3 years this place has become overgrown with bottom feeders who contribute nothing to the site. They are like leeches.

If it was up to me, anybody with more posts in the classifieds than all other forums combined would be gone. It would do this site a lot of good, IMO.

I really don't give a flying [bleep] who agrees with me and who doesn't......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,339
Posts18,506,151
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.