Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Solheim
PM Dan for an address to mail a cash donation and also send a gift pack to savanna I'll see what I have to donate for sale.

Damn, I'll just pull my head outta my azz! I never thought of sending Savannah a care package!

What a great Idea!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Solheim
PM Dan for an address to mail a cash donation and also send a gift pack to savanna I'll see what I have to donate for sale.

Damn, I'll just pull my head outta my azz! I never thought of sending Savannah a care package!

What a great Idea!!

I have been working on a care package. I am checking with Dan to see what Savannah needs and what her likes are. If you want to help with the cost, let me know by PM and I'll let you know what I find out and approximate cost. I'll post pics of the care package and hopefully we can get some pics of Savannah when she gets it. Savannah doesn't care about the money. So we'll try to provide something that she'll like. I'm thinking BIG!

I'll make sure she knows it's from her campfire buddies.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'll list my Nikon Monarch X tactical 4-16x50 scope that is like new if somone wants to Send $500.00 to my paypal account (gift option) and send $200-$300.00 to 257 heaven towards the care package for Savannah...Just so you know, this scope retails for $1,400.00.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'll list my Nikon Monarch X tactical 4-16x50 scope that is like new if somone wants to Send $500.00 to my paypal account (gift option) and send $200-$300.00 to 257 heaven towards the care package for Savannah...Just so you know, this scope retails for $1,400.00.

Dang, Lawrence. That's awesome!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lling_tactical_scope_to_put_#Post7585979

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's another scope with proceeds going to Savannah.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...mmons_4_12x40_Pro_Sport_Sava#Post7586036

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's Dan's email update. Hopefully, he won't mind me sharing it with the forums. Please remember how difficult this is for all of them. Prayers mean more to them than anything right now. Sometimes we get caught up in raising money and forget why we're doing it. Let this be a reminder. It's hard on Dan and Amy and especially Savannah. Pray for them. The content of Dan's email follows:

Hi Steve,

Yes we have been busy and things have been pretty tough the past couple of days and tomorrow is not going to be fun.

Savannah has had a lot of trouble walking since Saturday and has fallen down several times. Her bones are really weak right now and I have not seen her run the entire time she has been here. What has been very hard emotionally for all of us, but especially for Amy, is her constant hunger from the steroids. It literally is all Savannah can talk about and she just cries and cries if she doesn�t have something to eat. She shows no interest in her cousins, which were the highlight of her visits and can only be caught talking about the next thing she is going to eat. The hunger part is normal but I think her infatuation is getting a bit carried away even for me. Poor Amy has just been stressed out about her little lately and it just tears her up when Savannah squats to pick something up and can�t stand without help. She wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and all she wants to do is eat and it doesn�t matter what Momma does unless it is food. Her chubby cheeks are the initial reminder now of the leukemia, and her hair has started coming out more and more in the shower.

Speaking of shower, Amy had her baby shower for our baby boy Cameron who will be born in late April early May. One of our cousins told her baby girl (4 years old) that Savannah will soon lose her hair and this girl proceeded to go around telling everyone that and was asking Amy when Savannah�s hair was going to fall out. That was a rough spot for Amy too� everyone knew what had been on Amy�s mind every second of every day and I was hoping she could get a few hour reprieve so she could really enjoy thinking about having a new baby boy and then a comment like that serves as a frying pan to the face. Lord Lord.

Tuesdays are the tough chemo days and Savannah has anxiety I�m sure you�ve read from the caringbridge site. She is what I would call an extreme case right now. She�ll get better as time goes on but they literally have to give her an amnesia type medicine to help her forget/make her groggy otherwise the screaming and stress are ridiculous. So we are up here tonight in Portland for another early morning appt that will I assume only end with tears from all three of us again, but it�s the motion of the ocean this month. Savannah is having her port put in on the April 1st and I will be �going into the hole� for my leave days in order to stay a week after the surgery to help Amy and Savannah and then return to Germany to wait and get the house ready to out process. Not the best time of course with our little kiddo coming soon. I suppose the only highlight of that is that Amy and I were already expecting me to be out of country for the birth�. But that is not really any big consolation.

The donations continue to flow in as well as prayers and kind regards. I believe about 125 people have donated and we are right around 7000 dollars, and I just got your donation as I was typing this message (WOW!). I am meeting a man tomorrow to pick up 1k rds of 5.56 I put up for sale at the hospital. I am thankful for all your help Steve in pushing this on the campfire. We are covered in prayer and showered with contributions. We are amazed at how many people want to help. Amy and I do have a problem, folks like yourself want to send care packages which we would love� but we are stuffed with stuffed animals. And what kills Amy right now is that she doesn�t play with any of that like she used to. Some Christian kid books would be great, Christian kiddo music, she likes Pixar movies, we need pee pads (bed mats) because the meds make her a bit incontinent at night. Other than that, you have really taken great care of us. I have sold almost all of my stuff so that is a relief. One guy on the snipershide wanted to pay for me to keep some of my scopes, but that just felt wrong to me. I feel as if I am going to be accepting gifts from other people I need to have made several sacrifices to be at the point to receive support. I write a message back

We continue to pray everyday for the lord to comfort Savannah and us so we can take care of the his baby girl. I apologize if my consistency in updates is less than stellar� we�re all a bit scatter brained right now. I write back to each paypal payment and Amy is writing to all of our letters and donations in the mail. If we have had payments sent direct to Selco we may not have the opportunity to respond to those people so we want to let them know that we are appreciative of their donation.

Thanks Steve.. gotta get geared for bed.
v/r
Dan

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wow. Please everybody needs to think about what you're doing with your short life here on earth. Everybody needs to think about and remember what's important and what's not really important in the grand scheme of things. My life is changing because of what's happened since last Wednesday or Thursday. Perspectives and priorities change with what all has happened from hearing about Dan's family's struggles to the generosity we've all witnessed from our members. I've got a 10-yr old son and a 12-yr old daughter, both healthy, and I will thank God for that more often now, if nothing else.

Pray for them. That's the main thing.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by gunner500
Would someone please PM me an address? cant do the paypal deal, but can drop a check in the mail today.

Thanks,
Gunner

Same story, send address to me. Philip

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pkett44
Originally Posted by gunner500
Would someone please PM me an address? cant do the paypal deal, but can drop a check in the mail today.

Thanks,
Gunner

Same story, send address to me. Philip

This comes straight off of the CaringBridge site:

If you would like to make a donation please send a check or paypal to the following:

Selco Community Credit Union
ATTN: Dan or Amy McIntosh
PO BOX 7487
Springfield OR 97475
Make checks payable to Savannah McIntosh and reference account number, 518266.

Paypal account: nad1967hotmail.com

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Kimber sold for $850 so $425 goes to Savannah's fund. Thanks to members tdn and celery!!

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I am donating the whole sale of this light bar to the cause.
[Linked Image]

http://www.kmdgarage.com/12-quantum-cree-led-light-bar/

Retail on the light bar is.$169.99 Once I have verification of the payment to their paypal the light will go out. I will cover the shipping in the lower 48.

Made a separate thread.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../For_the_Benefit_of_Savannah#Post7588498

Last edited by KMDGarage; 03/26/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
nad1967
You have PM. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have been working like crazy the past few weeks and just saw this. My heart is hurting for Savannah and her awesome parents. I pray Savannah will be healed and our family will keep her in our prayers. Paypal on the way. Thanks, Steve, and prayers Dan for you and your family. I went to Springfield High and am sure we have some common friends.

Joe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Wow. Please everybody needs to think about what you're doing with your short life here on earth. Everybody needs to think about and remember what's important and what's not really important in the grand scheme of things. My life is changing because of what's happened since last Wednesday or Thursday. Perspectives and priorities change with what all has happened from hearing about Dan's family's struggles to the generosity we've all witnessed from our members. I've got a 10-yr old son and a 12-yr old daughter, both healthy, and I will thank God for that more often now, if nothing else.

Pray for them. That's the main thing.

Steve, I to have reflected on my life and how much I have to be greatful for. My kids are grown but have 2 grandkids which are healthy and I am thankful for that. Thanks to all that have gave and those that have sent well wishes and prayers. But for the grace of God go I. Thanks for taking the lead in getting Dan's story out to the campfire members and for their response. Del

GA precision all day long
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Awesome on the light bar donation. Here's a Burris scope with proceeds donated. Let's get it sold.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7573637/all/pig_mayhem

Actually, that is the thread about the most interesting man in the world, AKA djones. Here is the Burris for sale post.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...rris_Fullfield_II_for_Savann#Post7590176

Last edited by 257heaven; 03/27/13.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am an Air Force captain currently serving in Afghanistan. I will purchase a new US flag, fly it over my compound, and mail it to a member for a $50 donation to the fund. I estimate that the flag and postage will cost me around $25. I will donate up to 8 flags if there is sufficient interest.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I am an Air Force captain currently serving in Afghanistan. I will purchase a new US flag, fly it over my compound, and mail it to a member for a $50 donation to the fund. I estimate that the flag and postage will cost me around $25. I will donate up to 8 flags if there is sufficient interest.

Started a thread in the classifieds for this. Thank you, mrfudd. Thank you not only for your generous offer to benefit Savannah's fund but also for your service to our nation

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7591111#Post7591111

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Hi,

This may help with shipping cost

Priority Mail APO/FPO/DPO Large Flat Rate Box

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...LI_FRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_FlatRate

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dan's wife posted another blog update today. All of her blogs can be read at:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/oursavannahgrace/journal

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a chemo day for Savannah. We did get some special recognition from Amy and that makes me think we're doing something right even though I feel helpless. Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts and prayers. Here is the content of her blog:

I'm hungry!
Written 20 hours ago by Amy McIntosh

We made it through another Tuesday, and while it wasn't pleasant, it somehow felt easier. Savannah would probably disagree, as she was her usual "anti clinic" self. Can't say I blame her. We started things off with more numbing cream in which Savannah kept screaming, "Owie! Owie!", numbing cream doesn't hurt, at all. We then had vitals taken with much the same response, again no pain. Doctor came for a visit and needed to speak with Dan and I about treatment, blood counts, meds, etc and sadly none of us use sign language, and or speak a foreign language well enough. Savannah has radar ears. A few of my favorite comments (said with a not so quiet voice) during our chat, "Did you say medicine?!?!" "Don't look at me!!" "Blood?! No!!!" "Don't talk about me!!". I mention these not to make you feel badly for her, but because at this point Dan and I find humor in these moments. Our girl has now been on steroids for 3 weeks and as I've said before, they are intense. Her face and belly have largely expanded, she literally cannot think about anything other than food, she has developed numerous nervous ticks, her muscles are very affected and cause her to stumble and need help up stairs etc, and last but not least, causes even higher anxiety. So in saying that we find a very small bit of humor in her anxiety dont think us cruel, it somehow helps us get through it and we know that this too shall pass, and is largely steroid related. It's such a mental game with her and at some point we hope she gets to where she feels safe with her surroundings, knowing that we are all there to help her get better. To continue with the appointment update, the IV and chemo went without any real issues and a huge plus, her meds are working and all her counts look great. PTL!
As we were leaving she was literally singing, "We are going home!", over and over and with a smile on her face. That is by far the best part of the day. Thankfully, she slept all the way back to Eugene, but the moment she wakes up on these drug induced chemo days she spends the rest of the day in a total funk. And by funk I mean inconsolably crying, yelling and screaming at us, and wanting nothing but to eat eat eat. Lord give us strength! Those are the moments that God's gift of patience comes in handy, and usually does, but boy is it hard!
Have I mentioned that I SO appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, especially on these days? Because I do! Dan and I both. I love getting texts and messages from family and friends letting me know they are thinking of us and praying for our girl. Bless you all! She is covered and we feel it, so thank you, thank you, thank you.
We received our future appointment dates for April and it looks like its going to be a doozy, a normal regiment for her type of Leukemia but still a hard pill to swallow. She has surgery to place the port, get a spinal tap, and bone marrow biopsy all on Monday, then it's back every week for more chemo, this time each treatment being put into her spine. Overwhelming for us newbies, but we know that it is all for her good and that God will get us through it. Amen!
I want to end with another GINORMOUS thank you to all our friends at 24 Campfire, Snipers Hide, and SIG forums. You have gone above and beyond helping our family, people you don't even know, yet feel led to help in any way you can. Your generosity is humbling. Special thanks to Steve B. at Campfire for all your hard work fundraising for our sweet girl. And for those of you that we haven't thanked directly, please know how much we appreciate you and all the love you have shown Savannah. God bless you all!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
$3,085 carried forward from the previous post just for merchandise sold. This does not count the direct Paypal donations and checks sent.

celery Kimber $425
lovessomeshootin misc $106
fun4x4 scope $25
WL205 bullets $25
jryoung knife $20
Mrfudd flags $475 (at least)
mudder700 stock painting $600 (wow!)
Mull 22LR ammo $70
Pharmseller 357 brass $56
davidlea Burris scope $175 (Joe pitched in an extra $25)

Brings total so far for merchandise SOLD to $5,062. I may have left out some small items and we're not done yet!!

ETA: After seeing Dan's post that follows:

Great to hear a good report. You've probably seen that tonight has been a very good night for fundraising. I'll admit that I took a break, but we're definitely back to full steam ahead. My son asked me today why I'm always on my phone. And now he understands the reason after I talked to him about it. Amy's CaringBridge blog today gave me a second wind. And your report makes me want to go even more. We're not done yet.

Mull sold some 22 ammo.........Fast:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...ch_#Post7593274

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,123
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.