Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Dang Bristoe, it ain't often you expose your core beliefs.

*shrugg*,...they're pretty much garden variety, Protestant, New Testament, as far as religion is concerned.

Of course, those who find the New Testament offensive will put their spin on it and attach all types propaganda to it.

There's pretty much a war against Christianity going on the world.

You can see examples of it on here on a fairly regular basis.

It all gets very familiar after a while.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Christ didn't come to bring unity or peace.

Well, that's a disappointment.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Therefore, those who practice the religion are committing an evil act.
Objectively so, yes.
This makes them people who committed evil acts,
Yes, indeed.
or evil people.
No, that does not follow. The sinfulness of an act depends also on the level of one's knowledge that what he is doing is evil, but even then it's a question of personal sin, not personal evil. One may do evil, in other words, without being evil, and most are likely not committing sin at all by practicing Talmudic Judaism, even though doing so is objectively evil, i.e., most are likely blind to the evil they do.

Haven't you ever studied moral theology?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
You seem to be acting as his self appoint representative here, and since you are the one who's chosen an interperation that could incite people to violence, I am challenging you to follow the logical thread of your views to their natural end, then ask yourself if you really belive that is the place where Christ is leading you, of if you should re-evaluate your interpertation of this portion of the message, and decide if their is a more Christ like interperation that more consistent with the remainder of the New Testament message before there is any "cleaving and dividing."
You're not making sense.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
There wasn't even a religion known as Talmudic Judaism in the time of Jesus as the Talmud didn't get it's start until around 200AD and wasn't finalized until 500AD.

Jesus was talking to liars, not Talmudic Jews....
I've correctly identified them as the progenitors of Talmudic Judaism. These were the folks whom Christ condemned for raising the traditions of the elders above Sacred Scripture, which is precisely what Talmudic Jews do today, and they have formalized those very traditions in the form of the Talmud. They are the very same movement within Judaism that Christ condemned in his time for denying him and attempting to lead others into doing likewise.

PS None of what I'm saying is the least bit controversial in light of two-thousand years of Christian teaching. It's only controversial in light of the modern corruptions of Christian teaching, so brainwashed have its representatives become as to make peace between the various religions their highest priority, even above revealed truth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your a self taught religious scholar, ain't ya?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No, but he's right.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by UncleJake
Your a self taught religious scholar, ain't ya?
For smart folks, formal education is only the beginning of their educational journey. Your mileage may vary.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, and but one more question:

Do you regularly attend a church where you are a member and under the authority and discipline of its elders?

I'm just curious�

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don't hold every Jew responsible for the actions of the state of Israel any more than I hold every German responsible for the actions of the Nazi German regime. Lots of nice German folks and lots of nice Jewish folks. Likewise, lots of nice Arabs and Persians, regardless of the religious tradition within which they were raised. I take individuals for who they are and what they do, not what they are, or which religious tradition they happen to trace their ancestry to.

As for the Talmudic Jewish religion (not to be confused with the religion from whence came our Savior), however, I will state on theological grounds that it's positively evil in origin, right up there with Islam. They were both established in opposition to Christ's Kingdom, and Christ specifically referred to the progenitors of Talmudic Judaism (which religion first came into existence the moment the Sanhedrin began officially to seek a means of executing the Messiah) as having the faith of their father the devil.

After posting with you for many years on here under a different name.
You have truly set a new low for even yourself. If I had a picture of you,I would send it into Hustler Magazine for consideration for the upcoming "Azzhole of the Month".

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Therefore, those who practice the religion are committing an evil act.
Objectively so, yes.
This makes them people who committed evil acts,
Yes, indeed.
or evil people.
No, that does not follow. The sinfulness of an act depends also on the level of one's knowledge that what he is doing is evil, but even then it's a question of personal sin, not personal evil. One may do evil, in other words, without being evil, and most are likely not committing sin at all by practicing Talmudic Judaism, even though doing so is objectively evil, i.e., most are likely blind to the evil they do.

Haven't you ever studied moral theology?

So by your reasoning, practicing Talmudic Judaism is evil, it's just not necessarily a sin. Therefore by extension Dr. Gosnel committed evil, but may not necessarily have sinned.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Not much time at the moment, but investigate the concept of latent vs manifest and you'll have your answer. Manifest evil stings the normal human conscience, but latent evil doesn't necessarily do so, absent investigation and understanding. There is such a thing as a dulled conscience, but the dulling process was engaged in willfully, so sin would have been present already during the dulling process, thus the failure of manifest evil to sting an already dulled conscience (e.g., the abortionist who sleeps well at night) isn't an excuse.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,865
Posts18,478,668
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.