-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lab pup ate a pound of raw bacon once. She kept me up for a couple of days and nights running her outside as THAT rumbled through her system.

And I had a Cocker that had Cushing's Disease later in life and he ate an entire roll of paper towels. I thought it was going to kill him.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/21/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Rottweiler trotted up to me one day, happily chewing on something metal. I shove my hands in her mouth, trying to retrieve it. No dice, she swallows it. I tell the then-wife, who a few hours later takes her to the vet, who take x-rays, sticks them on the viewer, and the wife says...

"that's my jewelry box key!!!!"

The next day, I recovered the brass key, which had turned an interesting rainbow of colors smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Our Springer Lucy once ate a road flare and some fiberglass insulation without a hint of a problem. The only evidence was the plastic striker cap. A couple years later, she and our other Springer Rambo paired up at my inlaws to eat a whole bag of Hershey kisses. That got them real sick, not to mention the shiny tinfoil pieces hanging out their south ends for a few days......

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
...an earring, a seatbelt, a holster, a couple belts, all the buttons off several dress shirts, electrical cord from my lamp, my tumbler, a couple plastic cups, countless book pages, a couple scented candles, lip gloss, my pill container (damn lucky she didn't get the pills out!)...lol

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
used maxipads---ugh--

toss in a couple chitty diapers and it sounds like my house, all in the same day too. And its a little "almost a real dog"

IC B2

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My lab was the best hunting dog I have ever hunted behind for field or water. However, he ate the all of the trim from around our patio, a garden hose he chewed in two as a puppy and I left in the yard to see if he would eat the rest of it, a few solid rubber retrieving dummies, the better part of a wooden dog house and a wooden porch swing and the wooden window trim in the back yard, copper lines to our a/c unit, dozens of Frisbees and golf balls when we lived near a golf course and Frisbee course and an entire 5 pound bag of Bil-Jac dog food my hunting buddy had stored in a compartment of his hunting trailer he put my dog in for 5 minutes as we traveled from one hunting area to another. And this from a dog that was exercised nearly every day for the first 8 years of his life. He is why I laugh and cry like a baby when I watch Marley and Me.

My current GSP will kill and eat every stray cat she comes across. I blame my daughter's cats because they used to beat the crap out of the dog when she was a puppy. I guess she is still getting even.

Perry

L
Lawdwaz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I just thought of another. It wasn't my dog but I saw the aftermath........a friends Brittney ate a used condom.

They had to assist in the removal late the next day..........ughhh.

L
Lawdwaz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I think I have pics of a door my lab ate a hole in when I left her one time back in the 80's. I'll search it out....

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
...two couches, a chair, a million pens/pencils, part of my weatherby vanguard stock, game pieces, a couple fitted sheets...

i keep remembering new things i came home to find...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by bbassi
Someone told me one time Chocolate can kill a dog ....

I've been hearing that all my life, even from vets, and I'm not buying it.

Every dog I ever knew of, at least once in its life, ate a 1/2 pound (or more) of chocolate and not a single one of them ever died from it.

I've always suspected that little lie came from some fat bishes that took offense to us guys feeding our best friend their midnight snacks. grin

its real chocolate thats the problem, not the highly processed chocolate flavored sugar in most candy....the issue is an alkaloid called theobromine and its actually toxic to humans aswell dogs are just more sensitive to it than we are....the farther you get from raw unsweetened bakers chocolate the less of it there is....

so high quality dark chocolate/bakers chocolate will kill your dog, the real cheap arse easter candy prolly has nearly none.....its also found in tea, real cola and acai berries(these seem to be one of the new "in" super foods)

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
One useless great mongrel of my mothers ate an old rotten eeg a couple of months ago...it took two miserable days to die and the vet could not keep it alive.

It was a great big useless garbage guts that would hoover up anything, not a good way to die though.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
note to self never get a bird dog.

had a small terrier mutt as a kid that ate an entire bag of Hersey kisses foil and all.

my corgi eats dog schit and ate about a pound of my wife's deer jerky the night before we left for our elk hunt. he looked like a barrel with short legs. we walked a lot that night

FJB
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Rattler said...

Herr Rommel ate a batch of brownies...and not knowing what kind of chocolate was in them, I took the safe route and poured a bunch of hydrogen peroxide down his throat....

Brownies reappeared momentarily! laugh

Last edited by ingwe; 05/21/13.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
...two couches, a chair, a million pens/pencils, part of my weatherby vanguard stock, game pieces, a couple fitted sheets...

i keep remembering new things i came home to find...

you are killing me! That said, had that been by dog - I probably would have had his teeth pulled. grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cat [bleep] sandwich

the appropriate term is kitty roca

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ten pound roast left out to thaw . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
bbassi, she is the cutest beagle ever and a cuddler, so she is still alive and has all her teeth. some are broken off from eating EVERYTHING but dog food. but still there lol

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
...used qtips, plastic wrap, taco bell wrappers, etc...

but do you think that damn dog will eat a piece of banana or apple i toss her? hell no. maxi pad? yeah. fruit? nahhh...

totally can't figure this damn dog out lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My GSP ate a 10 lb bag of flower he sniped off the counter.
Made one hell of a mess, and he left "breadsticks" every where he went, for days.
Only thing I ever found that he wouldn't eat was grapes and tomatoes.

Last edited by mcmurphrjk; 05/21/13.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
My dog, Sheeba, a part tundra wolf, german shepard, got out of the kennel when she was in heat. She ended up having 6 puppies. My wife was not having a wolfdog with 6 puppies in the house, so I kept them on my screened in porch at my cabin on the Shenandoah river. There was a campground adjacent to my property, along the river. I went to check on them on Sat. afternoon. There was a hole in the screen and Sheeba was gone. I started playing with the puppies, when I heard a crashing noise and Sheeba came through the hole in the screen. She proceeded to go over to the puppies and regurgitate about a dozen hambugers and hotdogs. Fresh off the grill, still steaming. About 5 minutes later, I hear raised voices from the campground. 6 or 7 guys, drinking beer and playing horseshoes started accussing 1 of their friends of eating all they're food. Apparently, Sheeba had snuck over and grabbed all their food off the grill without them seeing her at all. They all gave the fat guy hell for an hour or so. I couldn't stop laughing.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,685
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.