Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Geez. Wonder how letsgetreal is gonna handle this onelce his/it's preexisting condition, that now won't be covered. Ends up giving him/it. A problem that requires surgery and the.gov says he/it dont have enough useful years left. Thats just gonna be a shame-----not

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
"Obamacare will result in an 88% premium hike in Ohio
Well, didn't OH vote in the majority to re-elect the Azzhole-In-Chief??

Guess they better not whine and cry then, IYAM... All them O-voters better not utter so much as one PEEP of complaint. They wanted it, they voted for it and now they GOT it.. Screw them...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Well two years from now if you're a conservative you probably won't qualify for anything other than paying taxes.

And if you complain about it or run for office, they will leak your medical records.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
very nice

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Geez. Wonder how letsgetreal is gonna handle this onelce his/it's preexisting condition, that now won't be covered. Ends up giving him/it. A problem that requires surgery and the.gov says he/it dont have enough useful years left. Thats just gonna be a shame-----not

Those fcking Libs like it - they think rationing is more "just" than allowing people to buy the care they want and can afford.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a recent report from north of your borders. At least in Manitoba, critical surgeries are performed in a timely manner (whatever timely means) but elective surgeries suffer badly. They are proposing new policies to guarantee that such elective surgeries happen within 18 months. That's the improvement on the current wait times, 18 months. Compare that to however your system performs.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Well, didn't OH vote in the majority to re-elect the Azzhole-In-Chief??

Guess they better not whine and cry then, IYAM... All them O-voters better not utter so much as one PEEP of complaint. They wanted it, they voted for it and now they GOT it.. Screw them...

You're right about Ohio going for Obama. However, the sad part is that only 10-11 counties went for him, but unfortunately that's where the population centers are...like many other states. frown

maddog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's never to late to repeal something. Let everybody get a good taste of O care. When they have had enought , suddenly the politicians will wake up. Scared for their jobs, just like most gun grabbers did. The difference is this effects every one not just gun owners. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
It's never to late to repeal something.
While I fully agree with that, the damn thing should have NEVER (I repeat NEVER) have been allowed to be judged Constitutional... Just think of all the nightmares associated with this crap if it would have been thrown out?? The money, the lawsuits, the bill-after-bill-after-bill to toss it out - only to have Hairy-Azzed Reid round-file it.. And all THAT is just a fraction of all things/people associated with it..

(Thanks RINO Roberts, you POS)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Someone once said: KIll 'em all, Let God sort "en out. Seems to fit, don't it?

Terry

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Can you imagine how many layers of bureaucratic paper-shuffling jobs this will create. Good paying Govt. jobs is all this admin. is capable of creating. Somebody has to pay for all that paper-shufflin'. Is there anything to do with quality healthcare included in this multi-Trillion dollar experiment? I am skeptical.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by antlers
When is healthcare going to be rationed for those who abuse it the most...? Seems a huge proportion of ER patients are MedicAid recipients who routinely come to the ER with non-emergency problems...like diaper rash, cough and congestion, mosquito bites...and people with 'chronic pain' problems seeking narcotics, etc.. The abuse of the healthcare system routinely by these people...all at the expense of the taxpayers, is astounding. When is this abuse of the ER's and the taxpayers going to be rationed...?
Same thing by indigent women having baby after baby after baby...all at the expense of the taxpayers.

In my office we have a large percentage, maybe a third, of patients that are on welfare or full disability. Those are the patients we see weekly for inane bs problems. Stuff that people who are employed and have healthcare wouldn't bother with. But if its free, why not abuse it? Makes me want to puke. In my estimation, this third of the patient populace makes up a full 90% of the appointments. It has been proven that 15% of the population is responsible for 90% of the healthcare dollars spent. I could go on and on.........

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The constitutionality of ObamaCare has not yet been fully determined.

True, SCOTUS did rule that the penalty portion of the law is constitutional since it is really a tax.

However:

1. It also ruled that as a tax, the penalty could not be greatly increased. It's only a constitutional tax if it stays at fairly modest (non-coercive) levels. They can't increase the penalty to force people into the system. That will cause the system to fail.

2. Since it is now a tax, the law is subject to the constitutional provision that all revenue bills must originate in the House. The Senate took a completely unrelated bill the House had passed, stripped out all the text, and kept the bill number. They then inserted the ObamaCare bill under that number. Does that qualify as having the bill originate in the House? Personally, I doubt it, but the suits are working their way up through the courts. We'll find out.

Personally, I'd have a very good day if SCOTUS struck down the law under the origination clause.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A local NBC affiliate, WHIZ in Zanesville, Ohio, is reporting that Obamacare will cause health care premiums to increase 88 percent."

Ohio can GFI. They elected the sumbich.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Just found out today my premium went up 2600 bucks to renew....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by denton
The constitutionality of ObamaCare has not yet been fully determined.
Well, if you count 98% as not 'fully' a done deal, I guess you're correct.

True, SCOTUS did rule that the penalty portion of the law is constitutional since it is really a tax.

However:

1. It also ruled that as a tax, the penalty could not be greatly increased.
Define 'greatly'..
It's only a constitutional tax if it stays at fairly modest (non-coercive) levels.
Define 'fairly modest'..
They can't increase the penalty to force people into the system. That will cause the system to fail.
Ya think they care? Besides, that'll just give 'em more of a legal reason to deny coverage to those who don't have a lot of 'meaningful contribution to society' left to justify the expense..

2. Since it is now a tax, the law is subject to the constitutional provision that all revenue bills must originate in the House.
Yep..
The Senate took a completely unrelated bill the House had passed, stripped out all the text, and kept the bill number. They then inserted the ObamaCare bill under that number. Does that qualify as having the bill originate in the House?
You can bet the Azzhole-In-Chief, through his butt-buddy E. Holder will say "oh, you betcha.."
Personally, I doubt it, but the suits are working their way up through the courts. We'll find out.
Hah. Doubtful - Most courts have said the plaintiff's 'lack standing', IIRC.. But that won't matter. These judges all have families.. And if the Chief Justice can be arm-wrestled into submission, these judges are gonna be like taking candy from a baby..

Personally, I'd have a very good day if SCOTUS struck down the law under the origination clause.
A very good day indeed.. But don't be surprised if (1) it doesn't get there and (2) that, even if it does, Roberts will find a way to 'make the law work, not overturn laws passed by Congress'..

Originally Posted by Mink

A local NBC affiliate, WHIZ in Zanesville, Ohio, is reporting that Obamacare will cause health care premiums to increase 88 percent."

Ohio can GFI. They elected the sumbich.
Exactly...

Last edited by Redneck; 06/12/13.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
.gov can shove it up their ass, blowbammy care don't apply to me.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It's not only Ohio that's going up 88%. The guy that works across the hall from me wife works at Blue Cross and she says its going to happen to every body that is paying into the system whether directly or through there employer. When you add all of those no payers someone has to pay.

Originally Posted By: P_Weed

I never met a gun I didn't like.

SEdge,

I have an AMT Hardballer I can fix you up with.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That sucks, just another load of logs on the backs of the working men and women.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DocRocket
...she learned something alarming:

"... A 43 year old woman does not have enough "productive years in the work force" left in her life to justify the cost of this surgery under the Federalization of our healthcare system...

How would you do the math to project the number of "productive years in the work force" for a third generation welfare recipient?

<snip>

Ought to be able to tie them up in the legal system if the plaintiffs choose a suitably conservative jurisdiction to file.

Last edited by JoeMama; 06/13/13. Reason: removed offensive paragraph

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.