Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
If I'm walking down the street and some one wants to know who I am and what my business is I would probably tell them it's none of theirs. I think nearly any here would.
I just don't see where it OK to arm yourself, leave your home and then your car to confront someone for no real valid reason except you don't like the way they look. Ask Zimmerman after it's over if it was worth it

valid reason I guess is the issue - Zimmerman lived in a neighborhood where crime was out of control, he was in charge of the neighborhood watch (with the blessing of the local police) and his valid reason was a kid that he wasn't familiar with as a resident was cutting across at night.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
The physical evidence is that Martin battered Zimmerman. The investigating cops didn't Arrest him because they called it a justifiable homicide.

That being said... IMO Zimmerman is guilty of being stupid while armed. If he had backed off from following Martin there wouldn't have been a shooting. 911 told Zimmerman to let the cops deal with Martin.
No kidding. If there were more pusssies then the bad guys wouldn't have to kill so many good guys.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
It should be a slam dunk for the defense with 5 white women on the jury. This thug could have thrown you to the ground forced himself on you or you could have shot him. If Trevon could have been Obamas son. Zimmerman could have been any of us protecting ourselves. Let him be our O.J. even though he isn't white or guilty as sin

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe the prosecutor wanted 5 white women. I can only assume he thinks he will prey on their maternal instincts of what if it were your son.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I'm walking down the street and some one wants to know who I am and what my business is I would probably tell them it's none of theirs. I think nearly any here would.
I just don't see where it OK to arm yourself, leave your home and then your car to confront someone for no real valid reason except you don't like the way they look. Ask Zimmerman after it's over if it was worth it
Maybe you should look at it like this...if you're walking down some street and some guy starts following you and you run away and hide and have the chance to get away from him, why would you turn around and then follow him when he loses track of you and is walking back to his vehicles? Why would you then jump him from behind and start pounding his head against the pavement?

What the prosecution is trying to do is introduce extraneous facts into the situation. Nothing matters except the fact that Zimmerman was doing nothing illegal and Martin assaulted him and was inflicting wounds upon him. Martin Zimmerman feared for his life and or limb and pulled his gun and shot him causing Martin to decease. Martin was in the process of committing a felony and very possibly had the intent to kill Zimmerman. It is easily a case of justifiable homicide.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 06/24/13.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Zimmerman fired in defense of life and limb. The only possible reason he could be prosecuted is if he himself was committing a crime at the time and he wasn't. Martin was committing a crime by assaulting Zimmerman. Zimmerman rightly feared that he was going to die or be severely, perhaps permanently, injured. That's Justifiable Homicide.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't believe the prosecutor wanted 5 white women. I can only assume he thinks he will prey on their maternal instincts of what if it were your son.
A white woman married OJ. Most white women voted for Obama. I think you should re-draw your conclusions.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
.Gov want's/needs Zimmerman fried, therefore-Zimmerman shall fry. It's really pretty simple.

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Zimmerman fired in defense of life and limb. The only possible reason he could be prosecuted is if he himself was committing a crime at the time and he wasn't. Martin was committing a crime by assaulting Zimmerman. Zimmerman rightly feared that he was going to die or be severely, perhaps permanently, injured. That's Justifiable Homicide.

Any rational person agrees with you. This should never have gone to trial obviously.

It's a witch hunt and they'll extract their pound of flesh to keep the savages happy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

valid reason I guess is the issue - Zimmerman lived in a neighborhood where crime was out of control, he was in charge of the neighborhood watch (with the blessing of the local police) and his valid reason was a kid that he wasn't familiar with as a resident was cutting across at night.

I've seen no solid proof that Zimmerman ever confronted Travon. If he did, it was because there had been a ton of break-ins in the area and Martin had no valid reason to be there that Zimmerman could discern. As a private citizen, Zimmerman is not bound by some Departmental Policy to not "profile". Zimmerman did absolutely nothing wrong in any of the scenarios I've seen presented, save for the possibility that he himself assaulted Martin and then pulled his gun and shot him when he started getting an ass whuppin'. This latter is unbelievable as the facts as known do not point to it. So it is possible but not probable. The Defense has to make its case beyond a shadow of a doubt and the facts as I've seen them wouldn't even allow a conviction on the lower burden of the preponderance of evidence, let alone the required burden.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Any rational person agrees with you.
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
without knowing, I thought I heard that Zimmerman and Martin exchanged words early on.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Don't understand subtle nuance, huh Brent. I'll help you out.

They suggest America is watching and they better nail that 'white Hispanic' ass to the barn door or there'll be hell to pay.

No, but you are free to read it that way, even though it is patently untrue. If you had any reading comprehension at all, you would know this.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
That being said... IMO Zimmerman is guilty of being stupid while armed. If he had backed off from following Martin there wouldn't have been a shooting. 911 told Zimmerman to let the cops deal with Martin.

Zimmerman claims he was headed back to his vehicle when Martin confronted and attacked him. I tend to believe him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I remember of the incident, Martin said something to Zimmerman to the affect, "you're going to die tonight". This was after he caught up with Zimmerman and prior to striking him in the face the first time.

When selecting jurors, don't lawyers on both side pick the jurors? I'm wondering if selecting all women to the jury was a good move on their part.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Raeford
.Gov want's/needs Zimmerman fried, therefore-Zimmerman shall fry. It's really pretty simple.

...'fraid so, campaigning never stops. Gotta keep the paid voters happy during non election doldrums.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
lawyer talk, he's telling the absolute truth!

he didn't have to shoot him, he could have kept his gun at rest and found out whether Trayvon was just gonna beat him unconscious or kill him.

but I'd bet if I was slamming that prosecutors head against the concrete, he'd "want" to shoot me.

What possible scenario would put you in a place to do that? The verdict will all be based upon Zimmermans actions leading up to pulling the trigger. After all, he wasn't being beaten on his own property or in his home.
Merely taking steps to keep someone in view doesn't lawfully justify a physical assault.

True but it's hard to get your ass beat by staying in your locked car a house or two away and staying in contact with the cops.

Obama is gonna save you isnt he? By your argument Zimmerman deserved to be assaulted? Because he simply decided not to stay in his vehicle?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And for the dumbazzes who keep saying Zimmerman ignored orders from the "police", 911 dispatchers are not the police.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
From what I remember of the incident, Martin said something to Zimmerman to the affect, "you're going to die tonight". This was after he caught up with Zimmerman and prior to striking him in the face the first time.

Man, can you write fiction! You should quit your day job and start writing novels right now.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's true Brent...at least it's Zimmermans account.

The other guy ain't sayin much.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.