Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's nice to have. I forget, is it 2x or 3x? I wouldn't use it much, but having it in the pack or range bag is nice.

I need to get one for my PVS-14...

GB1

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
2x

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The aimpoint PRO is a fantastic entry level aimpoint.

I'd suggest to upgrade that stock, and (like others have stated) stay away from plastic "irons"

Dude - how awesome is it to have a wife that calls you up to say, "Honey, I just picked up 1000 rds of .223"

Lucky dog!

Last edited by Ivan; 09/27/13.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ivan

I'd suggest to upgrade that stock, and (like others have stated) stay away from plastic "irons"

Dude - how awesome is it to have a wife that calls you up to say, "Honey, I just picked up 1000 rds of .223"

Lucky dog!

Second person to say this, about polymer irons. Might be true of other brands, but MBUS are actually more robust than metal sights, in drop tests.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ivan

Lucky dog!

the plan is to get one of the Mako stocks, need the adjustability so the wife and i can both shoot it...the Mako seems to get us there with the most reasonable price plus its pretty highly thought of by those using them....

[Linked Image]

oh and believe me i know how lucky i am with my wife grin figured if i was gonna plan on spending the rest of my life with someone prolly best if that someone likes what i do and when she dropped into my lap i refuesed to let her go....she is out at elk camp now looking to put a pointy stick through the chest cavety of one....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That has to be the most ridiculous stock I've ever seen.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
aint if you and your wife are on opposite ends of the physical build spectrum......makes it nice in that even though she is a shooter and a hunter she doesnt steal my guns.....makes it a PITA in that there are few guns that fit us both OK.....looking for adjustability without a full blown, heavy, sniper style stock....

Last edited by rattler; 09/28/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What optic are you running, a dot on a flat top rail?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dunno Rattler. I've seen guys built like linebackers, skinny little fellas about 5'07" tall and a fella so tall and lanky we nicknamed him "The Kudu" all use the same AR and optic combo without needing something like that.

I guess if it works go ahead, but I can't imagine needing something like that unless your optic was mounted on top of a carry handle or something.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I share my AR's with my daughters. I'm 6' and 230 pounds, they are not even close yet we all manage to shoot the SOPMOD stocks and CTR's by just closing the stock. Optics are Aimpoint ML3, Micros, eo-thingies and various scopes.

Never seen the need for the high rise cheek piece, except when I ran an ACOG on the carry handle. I'll never do that again.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thats you and your daughters not me and my wife.....with a straight classic style stock i need high rings to get everything to line up.....with a high humpback monte carlo stock my wife needs a scope mounted as low as possible....our cheek bones are on opposite ends of the scale.....since they are your daughters chances are your bone structure is similar and you mainly have to worry about differences in length of pull

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought my first AR a couple months ago. New England is going to HECK in a hand basket with regard to gun owner's rights so I shelled out $1700 for an Adcor Defense Bear. It's a very nice piston system gun and I can see why they get so much for it. I put Troy flip up sights on it and shot a couple boxes of ammo and went right out and bought a nice new EOTECH. Back out the range, I sighted in at 50 yards and put 9 out of 10 rounds into a 4" bullseye. I went back to 100 yards and I laid down and put 10 out of 10 in the bullseye. A second trip to the range, a third, and heck a fourth and I'm noticing it's hard to miss. I understand why I see so many in combat footage on tv. My friend DJ, who is a Marine and Iraq war veteran opened a gun shop about a year ago and I got it from him. He used them in combat and said that most people love them. I think mine is sweet.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That cheek piece is crazy, woah. Nose to the charging handle, don't forget, lol.

rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
you realize its adjustable up and down and down aint much higher than the normal stock(which is where i would want it)....kinda nice that she doesnt fit the guns i do other wise she would have stole my Kimber Montana a long time ago but when you dont have the cash to build two AR's at the moment it makes things a bit more interesting.....infact the only gun i regularly shoot that she also does before this AR is my Marlin Guide gun but she only ever shoots it with warm 45 colt level loads at close targets so a proper cheek weld isnt a big deal....other than that she has her guns and i have mine...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,150
Posts18,484,227
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.