-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Old men can't be dangerous. We get told that every time one get's himself shot by the cops.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This exactly the type of thread that the NSA is monitoring and checking on the participants. Just sayin'

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This exactly the type of thread that the NSA is monitoring and checking on the participants. Just sayin'

Yup. Been expecting them.
[Linked Image]

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This exactly the type of thread that the NSA is monitoring and checking on the participants.

With any luck, they might learn something worth paying careful attention to.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
AMEN Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Did you ever notice the fear our government and media has of vets? It may be subtle at times and others obvious but it is there. Once you train a person you can not take the training away. That training doesn't involve only weapons. Most vets serve or served with honor, a sense of duty, and integrity. Vets took an oath to our country that was not rescinded at the time of their release from duty. Vets take an oath just like our politicians when they take office but unlike most of them most vets honor the oath. Most vets live the oath. Something those that fear them lack.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well there was a you tube video that when viral some young snot nose on a bus thought he could take the old man with a wast pouch, that old guy kicked his backside three ways from sunday. There is way to much rudeness these days. I'm 58 so I am almost getting to old guy status. Be polite 24/7 and the tracks will get greased for you often. He was a Navy guy as I recall.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks T Lee,

I think I can see in the future the hill I will die on.

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Well there was a you tube video that when viral some young snot nose on a bus thought he could take the old man with a wast pouch, that old guy kicked his backside three ways from sunday. There is way to much rudeness these days. I'm 58 so I am almost getting to old guy status. Be polite 24/7 and the tracks will get greased for you often. He was a Navy guy as I recall.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BePw-Rai5sw[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Did you ever notice the fear our government and media has of vets? It may be subtle at times and others obvious but it is there. Once you train a person you can not take the training away. That training doesn't involve only weapons. Most vets serve or served with honor, a sense of duty, and integrity. Vets took an oath to our country that was not rescinded at the time of their release from duty. Vets take an oath just like our politicians when they take office but unlike most of them most vets honor the oath. Most vets live the oath. Something those that fear them lack.

My late buddy Wally, at 19 a Carlos Hathcock of the south Pacific, was so efficient that fellow Marines shrank from him. "I could never do what you do," Greg Boyington said to him. Captured twice, Wally killed his way out of one Japanese POW camp and in the same way avoided being taken to another one. (The memories of his escape techniques haunted him for the rest of his life.)

After the war, his ever-grateful government buried Wally deep under the far end of a loony bin to give 'em time to figure-out what to do with him.

He wasn't crazy, of course.

When they finally turned him loose, gentle Wally led a responsible, productive life. Neighbor Ken Kesey compiled some of Wally's postwar recollections into the novel that became the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. For many Christmases, white-haired, full-white-bearded Wally was a department-store "Santa Claus" with his own very special way with kids.

He was indeed a dangerous ol' fart. Yeah, yeah.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This sums up being in our military straight to the point.
Some of our people and the government may not care about us but we do care about them.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Maybe a lot sooner than you think.!

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by T LEE
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Ad triarios redisse

Proudly a member!

I'm with ya Gentlemen.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ya' gotta realize something about the NSA, IRS, CIA and others spying on US AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO HAVE STOOD BY THAT SAME OATH THEY WERE SUPPOSEDLY TO HAVE TAKEN.... COWARDS HUNT FROM THE SHADOWS.!!
Simple.! When they realize the absolute coward (Ran to bed when Benghazzi 4 were being slaughtered) they have as the messiah, if he gets his way to be the dictator he wants to be, will be a fact they will never outlive and a legacy of helping destroy our country. They will try to get rid of us old men and shut us up, but until I'm dead and gone, I have earned my right to speak in the service and as Former LEO and will continue. All the men I have heard from in here have that same right to speaks as they feel, freely, and without fear but that is not to say the cowards may not show up on your doorstep someday. Even the SS under Hitler that did the same, got theirs in the end.!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Did you notice the photographer was black and tried to get him to press charges against the old man..! Guess the film didn't turn out like the argument was staged to. Funny.
My Bro'in law has a saying on his website that goes..." Never pick a fight with an old man, he's too old to try and outrun you and will probably just kill you" kinda seems appropriate here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reminds me of this past weekend.

More'n twenty five years ago when I was new in San Antonio I used to stop in for coffee and read the paper in the morning at a local Mc Donald's.

This is a military town and there was always a crew of elderly Veterans holding court in one corner, drinking coffee and shooting the breeze.

Met my wife at that very same McDonalds, she would meet her ride to nursing school there, the veterans seen it all.

One guy I would especially sit and talk to was Pete, a retired Cop from Pennsylvania, and retired MP/security in the US Army, a Korean War Veteran.

Eventually I stopped drinking coffee in the morning before school, switched to green tea brewed at home, coffee caffeine made me get mad at the kids instead of just ACTING mad, green tea provides a milder, longer lasting caffeine lift, with no crash afterwards. Of course I quit stopping in to get coffee every morning.

Just stopping in occasionally on weekends years went by, sometimes I'd run into 'em sometimes not. Last time I ran into most of 'em was 2002, when we commiserated about the third recent graduate of our school falling in combat in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Walked in last weekend and, Holy Smoke, if it weren't Pete, eighty years old now, and still going strong, looking pretty damned good for the years he was carrying. We sat and had a long talk, he had beaten a heart attack, his wife had beaten a bout with cancer.

But so disgusted was he with the Veteran's Administration and with Obama in particular, he told me he was considering throwing away his combat infantry badge, and all his service ribbons.

While we sat, an elderly Hispanic man wearing a hat saying "Retired Air Force Veteran" joined us for a few minutes. A soft-spoken individual. He had to get home to look after his wife, sadly suffering from Alzheimer's.

After he left Pete told me the guy had been a POW in Vietnam.

As always, I felt privileged to share their company.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the NSA was truly American they would be collecting data on Obama and his buddies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
If the NSA was truly American they would be collecting data on Obama and his buddies.

What makes you think they aren't??

Cancer Sucks
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (160user, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.