Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by tmitch
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around this. If just the other 3 major US rimfire makers...CCI, WW, Federal...are cranking out similar numbers as Remington then we're talking 10 BILLION rounds in the last year! I personaly don't know anyone that is hoarding, mainly because they can't find any. The range officer at the local range said rimfire usage there has declined significantly in the last year because of the shortage. How many of you guys are holding large quantities? I probably have around 1500-2000 rounds, but they were purchased long before any shortages.

This, and the highlighted part is what I can't get my mind around.

A trickle I can understand, but the seemingly total absence in some places for an extended period is what I can't fathom.

You can't hoard what you can't find and buy.

Paul

It's hitting the stores. Mostly the big stores, but it is getting delivered. It's just being bought and sold faster than most can get there.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting, there has never been NOTHING here in my area of Texas. Yes maybe a couple of weeks of no one having some, but you could almost always find a few boxes if you looked at all the local places often enough.

Even now there is ammo around. Actually more in the last 3 months or so than it had been for some time, but as noted, its around.

Wonder if someone actually had the number of folks that sold ammo in the US? I bet that 10 billion rounds, divided into 500 round bricks normally, ain't gonna be that much ammo really in hte end spread over 365 dyas of a year.

But then again I think that most of it dissappears in the cities. The exact ones that elected this [bleep] to office. They reap what they sew for that part of it anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try to look on the bright side and that is, sooner or later all these knuckleheads will be offering the sale of the Century !!!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Try to look on the bright side and that is, sooner or later all these knuckleheads will be offering the sale of the Century !!!!

No they won't. They are buying it below the market value. Even if we wake up tomorrow morning and the supply meets the demand, they can still break even.

It's a no brainer.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Note what I have highlighted from my post:

"A trickle I can understand, but the seemingly total absence in some places for an extended period is what I can't fathom."

From what I can sense, it isn't uniform around the country. Some places have it, others don't.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Interesting, there has never been NOTHING here in my area of Texas. Yes maybe a couple of weeks of no one having some, but you could almost always find a few boxes if you looked at all the local places often enough.

Even now there is ammo around. Actually more in the last 3 months or so than it had been for some time, but as noted, its around.

Wonder if someone actually had the number of folks that sold ammo in the US? I bet that 10 billion rounds, divided into 500 round bricks normally, ain't gonna be that much ammo really in hte end spread over 365 dyas of a year.

But then again I think that most of it dissappears in the cities. The exact ones that elected this [bleep] to office. They reap what they sew for that part of it anyway.

I haven't seen 22LR where I live in Texas since March time frame. 17HMR and 22 short if anything recent. 22mag since January.

You need to call it. I can't call it for you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You think they are getting all this ammo from distributors ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If 2 mil people buy 5000 rounds it adds up to 10 BIL.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Some are. Some aren't.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tmitch
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around this. If just the other 3 major US rimfire makers...CCI, WW, Federal...are cranking out similar numbers as Remington then we're talking 10 BILLION rounds in the last year! I personaly don't know anyone that is hoarding, mainly because they can't find any. The range officer at the local range said rimfire usage there has declined significantly in the last year because of the shortage. How many of you guys are holding large quantities? I probably have around 1500-2000 rounds, but they were purchased long before any shortages.

CCI makes Federal's rimfire ammo so, at a minimum, you'll need to adjust your numbers down a bit. I've met with ammo VPs from 2 of the major manufacturers in the past 30 days- there's no conspiracy and it's not going to the government. We, the consumers, are buying it in unheard of quantities that the pipeline is not designed to feed. Like ARs and 5.56mm ammo, the supply will eventually meet he demand but it will take longer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just checked...
CCI plant here is 2.49 miles from my house if I fly.
I promise you they are making 4 million rounds per day, every day.
It is shipping out ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Backorders are YEARS out.
EVERY DAY they get orders for more, which will be on backorder for YEARS. (read 1-2 years)

If you have 20,000 rounds already QUIT BUYING.......

EVENTUALLY the market will correct itself.
It would do it sooner, if we would quit buying every round as soon as it shows.

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Not intending to start additional pissing matches, but I don't agree with 100K being the "average" lay in. I'm with the other 3 Broke Dick guys who have 2-3000 on hand.

I have to renig and state that I have seen some ammo.......22 LONG not LR showed up as well as a few boxes of shorts(insert dull, uninspiring firework pop here)

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rost495

Just think about it, no ammo in TX.

You Texicans always talking about secession and all that independent thinking like you were once a Republic or something... shocked

Big Brother probably has you guys on a "special handling" list... blush

You all may have to slip over into Louisiana for some one to vouch for you so you can buy a box of Super X long rifle ammo... cool

Come on a dark, moon free night... grin

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So if that is really the case how far out do backorders have to be until you put more money into additional/larger production facilities and increase supply? With a 2 year backorder you would think any increase in production would increase revenue the same amount.

You need to call it. I can't call it for you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesse,
next time you are in CDA, go to Black Sheep and get a little. grin

They have had it for months if you want to pay 12.00 per 100 for CCI.

P.S. I don't.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Some are. Some aren't.

Travis

How much do you think is bought with the intention of actually shooting it one day ? You know, the non-Barak and non-Real Hawkeye types ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wageslave

Yeah, except there's probably more like 50 million people trying to buy ammo. Say a plant is turning out 6 million rounds a day. That's 2.19 Billion a year, if they run 365 days a year. If divided equally amongst those 50 million people (just a flying guess there), it would come out to 43.8 rounds of ammo per person, per year, from that plant.

How many plants are making 22 ammo in the US, three or four? It's not hard to see why there's a shortage, when some folks are buying 10s of thousands of rounds.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

If you have 20,000 rounds already QUIT BUYING.......

Its really none of your business what or how much I buy, or maintain. For me, 20,000 is the damn low side of comfortable. My kids and I can burn 1000-1500 rds of .22 in a lazy Saturday pretty damned easily. 20,000 rds doesnt buy many Saturdays.

Hell, I keep a minimum of 5,000 rds on hand of my common centerfire handgun calibers, and .223.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger280
So if that is really the case how far out do backorders have to be until you put more money into additional/larger production facilities and increase supply? With a 2 year backorder you would think any increase in production would increase revenue the same amount.

Well, Sir
you can ramp up production fast by running weekends or adding a third shift if you don't already have one, but buying, then installing new machines and getting them set up is a whole 'nother animal.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Yeah, except there's probably more like 50 million people trying to buy ammo. Say a plant is turning out 6 million rounds a day. That's 2.19 Billion a year, if they run 365 days a year. If divided equally amongst those 50 million people (just a flying guess there), it would come out to 43.8 rounds of ammo per person, per year, from that plant.

How many plants are making 22 ammo in the US, three or four? It's not hard to see why there's a shortage, when some folks are buying 10s of thousands of rounds.

'Zactly.
and it's WORLDWIDE buying.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (2500HD, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.