Originally Posted by jwp475
Dumbfucktitude runs rampant on the internet it seems

Must be the magical wonderlube. wink

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have fun, doesn't bother me. JWP and I have a long history of disagreement because he is always wrong.
I can tell you how to make the revolver shoot, PM me any time. JWP has no clue.
Here is an original Freedom .454 with less the 300 rounds through it. Cylinder too tight, did not align with bore. The throats are worn oblong, the cone and rifling on one side are worn away. The target on the left is what it did with factory loads at 50 yards. I reamed the throats and recut the cone. I added a little play to lockup and the right target shows the difference.
Sorry JWP, there are two sides to toilet paper you use and you have it the wrong way. Why don't you tell these good people how to make a revolver shoot without repeating me? [Linked Image]
.45 Vaquero, 5 shots at 50 yards from Creedmore using the 325 Lyman 452651 that drops at 347 gr. [Linked Image]
Yo momma taught you to cuss but not how to load.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I suggest if you nutswinging experts can prove BFR Shooter wrong, post up some proof.

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”
― Mark Twain
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The nut wing is the ones that buy into bfr shooters bull. No one but him claims that one of the best most accurate revolvers ever produced is inaccurate. That is total bull

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by okie44
I suggest if you nutswinging experts can prove BFR Shooter wrong, post up some proof.

JWP can't and never will. The most accurate revolvers made are the BFR's, Rugers and S&W's.
I have shot Freedoms that equal but do not better and too many that are shotguns.
I have always said I will out shoot any revolver with a Ruger, any position, any sights, any distance.
How about a shoot off with JWP witnessed at 500 meters? Hey JWP, that is 547 yards. Not your baby step at 20 feet.
You get enough shots to figure drop, no problem. Then you must shoot five for record, any sights and position, use a Ransom with your Freedom because I know you can't do it.
Me! I will just shoot Creedmore, no bench.
Fact is I have never in all these years seen a single thing you shot with a Freedom, always some custom Ruger or such.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

There are a lot of things that you ain't never seen, so no surprise there. I'll meet you in Indiana after the first of the year and we will both shoot iron sights

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This is getting good.

Hone up on your "Kentucky Windage" boys.

Where do we place bets?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

There are a lot of things that you ain't never seen, so no surprise there. I'll meet you in Indiana after the first of the year and we will both shoot iron sights

How about here with a few to record. You know I am on SS and can't travel. Even with 76 year old eyes I will beat you. Marko never beat me. Lee Martin never beat me. Lee made tater grooves on my range. Wanted me back at the single action site after he seen me shoot 1" targets at 100 yards. Naw, Taffin is there with ass draggers.
What have I not seen? Over 61 years with the revolver.
How about you showing 100 yard groups with your Freedoms. Could you be trusted? Yeah sure!
I taught Marko and he was always on the phone with you. I was a "go fer" did all the work. Set up tests, set up the chronograph, soaked papers. Always in the background. Do you know how I felt? Why the hell was he always on the phone with you?
Just who the damned hell are you? Maybe you should tell everyone what a big POS you are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by RickyD
Nice shooting, Tex.

Do you know about the forcing cone erosion issues with Lil Gun? Not trying to critize but help. Hate to see a great shooting 44 like that get ruined.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7909618/Lil_Gun

Maybe this was a one time lot of lil gun causing the issues. I'd like to find out as it is a very accurate powder in most everything I've used it in. I find 4227, H110/296, and V110 accurate too, but lil gun has always seemed to provide the most velocity with accuracy more consistently across a wide range of calibers.

I started messing with lil gun in .357magnum, mainly because you were getting top end velocities with lower pressure. Then i read about the forcing cone issues and kind let it sit on the wayside. Still not sure.

Well, this is the forcing cone of the above M629 Classic. It's had 1000-1500 loads through it, most of them jacketed full power loads, and most were with W296 and light (200-210gr) bullets. I switched to Lil'Gun in full-house loads, and got the best accuracy, but the erosion issue is indeed a concern. It's still a real interesting powder in the .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, and .300 Blackout.

[Linked Image]

I tried Lil'Gun in the .480 Ruger and it shot okay, but had more velocity variation than I liked. I think I'll try Enforcer in future heavy loads, and try not to exceed 1300 fps.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

How about here with a few to record. You know I am on SS and can't travel. Even with 76 year old eyes I will beat you. Marko never beat me. Lee Martin never beat me. Lee made tater grooves on my range. Wanted me back at the single action site after he seen me shoot 1" targets at 100 yards. Naw, Taffin is there with ass draggers.
How about you showing 100 yard groups with your Freedoms. Could you be trusted? Yeah sure!
I taught Marko and he was always on the phone with you. I was a "go fer" did all the work. Set up tests, set up the chronograph, soaked papers. Always in the background. Do you know how I felt? Why the hell was he always on the phone with you?
Just who the damned hell are you? Maybe you should tell everyone what a big POS you are.

Cut me out of this pathology. Don't drag me into this.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

You made the challenge and now you are craw fishing you are the one that always goes to personal insults because that is all that you have

Targets that matter

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
B
Originally Posted by Gibby

Where to we place bets?

Don't know, but wish I had a farm to bet as bfrshooter would double the size of my holdings...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The real story is that bfrshooter/44Man/Jim Miner developed loads in somebody else's FA .357 and somehow managed to egg the chambers and bore. Bob Baker, president of Freedom Arms, stated that his handloads were 20% over maximum and that he never would've believed somebody could do that to one of their guns. He ruined the guy's sixgun and then expected FA to fix it for free. When they wouldn't, he decided to start his negative campaign. Funny how bfrshooter is the only one I've ever heard spout this nonsense about FA's not shooting well. Or that Rugers and BFR's shoot better. That these guns can manage half inch groups at 50yds. Or that magical lube will shrink groups. That he shot a 2.5" group at 500yds by aiming 20ft over the target at a tree branch. The real story is that it's all made up, nobody else has been able to duplicate his accuracy claims.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

2.5 inch group at 500 yards from a revolver is miraculous that is a 1/2 MOA group something that is excellent from a rifle with a high power scope

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CraigC
The real story is that bfrshooter/44Man/Jim Miner developed loads in somebody else's FA .357 and somehow managed to egg the chambers and bore. Bob Baker, president of Freedom Arms, stated that his handloads were 20% over maximum and that he never would've believed somebody could do that to one of their guns. He ruined the guy's sixgun and then expected FA to fix it for free. When they wouldn't, he decided to start his negative campaign. Funny how bfrshooter is the only one I've ever heard spout this nonsense about FA's not shooting well. Or that Rugers and BFR's shoot better. That these guns can manage half inch groups at 50yds. Or that magical lube will shrink groups. That he shot a 2.5" group at 500yds by aiming 20ft over the target at a tree branch. The real story is that it's all made up, nobody else has been able to duplicate his accuracy claims.

You have it backwards. The .454 was only shot by the owner with factory loads and got worse as he shot. Brought it to me---THAT was the gun shot to wear.
The .357 had a perfect cylinder and throats but came from the factory with an over size and out of round barrel, second barrel was worse, .357" throats and .358" to 3599" out of round bore.
Baker blamed me, said I left lead in the bore from slugging. Then changed the story, said we shot lead first, then jacketed and ruined the barrel.
I never, ever shoot jacketed after lead without a clean bore even though it will not hurt since so many of you shoot jacketed to clean out leading, I never do. I clean out copper before lead and clean lead before jacketed. Get the story straight.
No loads shot from the .357 were over max book loads either. The load was 16 gr of 296 with a 158 gr bullet. Baker said it was too hot???? Strongest gun ever and he said 16 gr was too much?
First of all the owner shot many loads with sad results before he brought it to me, never got anything to shoot. He put it on consignment to sell at the gun store, two years later he took a huge loss to peddle it.
Maybe you should also stop telling lies and go back and read what I said.
It is true, nobody has made the revolver shoot like I do and I have laid out every step for all to use but I rub some wrong.
Whitworth knows and is a great shot. When we worked his .500 JRH, BFR load, he shot at a beer can at 100 yards, it did not fall. I took the next shot and it fell. This is what we found.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Maybe you should argue with Whitworth and call him a liar too. One of the best shots I have ever had here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
See the hole in the top of this can? 5 shots at 100 yards from my BFR revolver, Other holes from a friends .45 rifle. [Linked Image]
50 yard groups with the 45-70 BFR and the can shot twice with the .475 BFR at 100 yards. [Linked Image]

Last edited by bfrshooter; 12/16/13.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
CraigC, I never challenge a shooter, just loads. But I will challenge your Freedom, so can you back up anything?
I have agreed with JWP many times but like you, he has a chip on his shoulder.
Why does truth generate hate? I have nothing against you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a common visitor to the site, I would consider myself pretty much a typical reader of posts here. There is an interesting way this has unfolded.

You have to ask yourself some basic questions on these posts.

If you were to read that a Rolex sucks because there was once a time piece of theirs that did not keep accurate time. But the Timex and Casio were brilliant

A Ferrari was absolute rubbish that did not handle well or go fast enough, but a Camero was brilliant and flawless with astonishing speed

Those Ziess Bino's were blurry and distorted, but the Tasco glasses were phenomenal.

The Dakota Rifle was rough and unfinished but the Rossi was built like a tank and had flawless precision accuracy.

Most normal thinking people would view this not with a skeptical eye towards the products but the poster. You know the saying " Consider the source" How could it be viewed any other way? I'm sure there are some bad examples of great products. However those are the exceptions rather then the rules.

You just have to ask your self what is the agenda of folks that go out of their way to go against the well established world standards of quality?

It's just a logical thought here as a visitor and reader.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
As a common visitor to the site, I would consider myself pretty much a typical reader of posts here. There is an interesting way this has unfolded.

You have to ask yourself some basic questions on these posts.

If you were to read that a Rolex sucks because there was once a time piece of theirs that did not keep accurate time. But the Timex and Casio were brilliant

A Ferrari was absolute rubbish that did not handle well or go fast enough, but a Camero was brilliant and flawless with astonishing speed

Those Ziess Bino's were blurry and distorted, but the Tasco glasses were phenomenal.

The Dakota Rifle was rough and unfinished but the Rossi was built like a tank and had flawless precision accuracy.

Most normal thinking people would view this not with a skeptical eye towards the products but the poster. You know the saying " Consider the source" How could it be viewed any other way? I'm sure there are some bad examples of great products. However those are the exceptions rather then the rules.

You just have to ask your self what is the agenda of folks that go out of their way to go against the well established world standards of quality?

It's just a logical thought here as a visitor and reader.

It's the curse of the sampling of one. Everyone turns out a gun that doesn't work quite right from time to time. While I'm not a fan of the grip frame of the Freedom Arms revolvers, and am a bit frustrated over that...I will admit that every last FA revolver I've personally fired (about a dozen or so over the years) has been exceptionally accurate for a factory revolver. Are they THE most accurate factory production revolvers? I don't know about that, but I'd say they're certainly in contention. Dan Wesson revolvers when the barrels are properly tensioned, and Taurus Raging series are also exceptional in the accuracy department. But I'm not a fan of Dan Wesson's lockwork at all, and Taurus revolvers are just a bit uninspiring. But the FA is just magnificently built.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have issues with every brand, found things with every single one. Magazine springs in Remingtons, cylinder stop springs in S&W's, very bad Dan Wessons, etc. Doing gunsmith work forever has shown all can have a problem except the BFR's, stock guns only need trigger work.
I always wanted a Freedom for myself until I worked on many, put the idea to rest in a hurry. Then the attitude of the company.
I will post about any gun without any response until I say anything about Freedom, then the world opens up. Is it defending the cost?
Seen transfer bars fail to retract, seen hammer blocks fail to extend, all are 4 shot guns to be safe. Seen some deadly accurate, others door stops. See too many for sale with huge losses. They do not hold value.
Is the BFR stronger and more accurate? Better believe it. You can offer me 10 Freedoms for one BFR and you will get a boot up your behind.
JWP keeps posting his kills but I have shot more deer with revolvers, five out of six this season so far. I shot one with a long bow and wood arrow. First is a large doe with the SBH, .44. Four DRT with the .475 BFR. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (204guy, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 48 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,973
Posts18,499,406
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.