Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Don't know if this is more entertaining.......... or more educational.
I guess you have to pay for education....one way or another.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mark,

I kinda agree w/ the OP and a few of the others that if the buyer was not completely happy, just send him back the money. Just a thought, maybe ask the buyer to sell or send back the pistol. If he sends it back, you can sell it and make payments to him for any due money.

I sure would hate to see someone get a bad reputation like yourself on any future deals.

Just a thought.

Steve

Last edited by Greenbrier; 12/28/13.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by safariman

At gunbroker there is a box to check "As is, no returns"

This forum used to be a place where friends bought, sold and traded and tried to get along plus give each other a little grace

Stuff like this is pushing me to Gunbroker and other sites all the more,

1 this is not gunbroker
2 yep, used to be
3 perhaps this would work out better for you

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
JMO but if I post a WTB ad and someone goes through the trouble to locate the item I am looking for and then trading to get it after I have agreed to purchase said item after viewing photos, I'm going to assume it's a done deal with no returns unless there is a SERIOUS discrepancy between the photos and the actual item. After all, this started out as a buyer hoping to find something specific, not as the seller putting an item out there for sale.

Photos being posted by the buyer and the seller on this thread would answer that question.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Anything I sell on 24hr can be returned. Why?.... To remain on the good guy list & keep a good selling reputation so I can continue getting rid of stuff I don't use.

Safariman, scrape up the cash & return the firearm. It's the right thing to do IMO.

Last edited by slg888; 12/28/13.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
Didn't intend to sell that, and have not done so. 444matt PM'ed me about it first, and because he is one of what I consider the good guys here and I have had positive PM's and conversations with him in the past, I told him that if he really wanted it, maybe we could work something out.

He declined until further notice so I will be keeping that one as planned as a replacement for a different gun I sold during hard(er) times.

Again, you leave sign Ray Charles could follow. Sure seems to me if a guy was being such a stand-up guy and letting a buddy in on a good deal, he'd step out of the transaction and let his buddy deal with the seller directly, rather than having a middleman. Try and spin it however you want, but it's painfully obvious it wasn't about helping a buddy out.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mark,

I do not know you personally and I do not believe I have ever had dealings with you before but you are in the wrong. If the buyer is not happy then when he returns the pistol do the fair thing and return his money minus shipping. You are in a losing battle here.

As for you already spending the money on used tires for your wifes car.......so what? Your issue not his. If money is so tight then why did you buy 2 pistols on 12/13/13 and state you sent FFL and money that date. I am not buying your story. You have a problem, actually several, and need to fix them ASAP.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
wow. how many times does a guy have to prove himself before he gets the slightest benefit of the doubt?

no one else's business when he bought what.

the point is he has done a million favors and been there to help many many times and the TWO times someone has had a complaint they whined about it in public instead of letting him fix it.

wth would someone not just go buy a gun they want, or go to gunbroker or whatever. the dude asked for a gun, mark found one and helped get it for him, and the dude now wants a refund. this ain't walmart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I never spend the money till the buyer tells me he is happy.

+1 Is there any other way?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
the point is he has done a million favors and been there to help many many times and the TWO times someone has had a complaint they whined about it in public instead of letting him fix it.

Did you read the part where he's refusing to fix it? And there's an old saying about a Bridge Builder....

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Did you read the part where he's refusing to fix it? And there's an old saying about a Bridge Builder....

These type of threads educate me on who and who not to do business with here.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark, you sure do seem to be a nice guy, but I know that I would never consider buying anything from you or dealing with you. Way too much drama in your posts. I do wish the very best in prosperity and health in the new year.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Safari, you made my "do not deal with" list.

Your situation is clouding what should be very basic good judgment and ethics.

My exact thoughts after reading his threads the last few months. Medical and money issues on one thread, sending a rifle off the be rebarrelled to a fancy wildcat on another thread. I'll steer clear

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Same here....money can't be too tight or he wouldn't be getting a custom 6.5 built.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

This is a great policy to follow. However, I have been in a tight spot before....we all have. I have spent money before that I didn't have(credit card). I am not going to disperidge Mark or cast stones at him. I have never walked in his shoes.
Mark is a good friend of mine here on the fire. He has done several very nice things for me. I have also been witness to him doing great things for others here as well. I am personally going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past history with me as well as others. Two bad transactions out of the several hundred does not make him a bad apple...much less dishonest.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give him his money back, make it good and be done with it.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortmagfan

My exact thoughts after reading his threads the last few months. Medical and money issues on one thread, sending a rifle off the be rebarrelled to a fancy wildcat on another thread. I'll steer clear

If you read the original or first post on that deal, I TRADED for everything, barrel, labor and all. Gave up a nice gun to get an old one re done.

That said, I am PMing the OP, taking him off of ignore, and will see what I can do here to make the situation better.

RE not "fixing" things, I DID forward a good FFL immediately when asked to and have purchased the magazine that was somehow missing to be re sent. How much more 'fixing' is needed?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortmagfan

12/24: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._FS_11_guns_something_for_ev#Post8393507

Sorry ya'll, I am sending FFL and $$ for the Smith 65 and Blackhawk first thing in the AM.

MARK

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

This is a great policy to follow. However, I have been in a tight spot before....we all have. I have spent money before that I didn't have(credit card). I am not going to disperidge Mark or cast stones at him. I have never walked in his shoes.
Mark is a good friend of mine here on the fire. He has done several very nice things for me. I have also been witness to him doing great things for others here as well. I am personally going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past history with me as well as others. Two bad transactions out of the several hundred does not make him a bad apple...much less dishonest.

this says it better than i did. must be nice to never be in a tight spot or to not know what it's like to need money.

nobody's business what he bought or built. point is, is he honest or not. and that's been addressed and proven hundreds of times here. let the man do what he thinks is right. none of us really KNOWS everyone on here. none of us knows every fact. all we can do is go by the posts and actions. when someone has 5000 good against 2 "bad" which are subjective, i am not too worried.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
THE KNIFE ADDS IN CAPS LOCK ARE WAY BETTER THAN THIS WISHY WASHY CRAP . You made my list as well when paying advertisers with 100% satisfied customers gets called out because you did not like caps lock in his adds you had to know carma was going to bite your azz . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . You had this coming enjoy

Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 219DW, 50 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,619
Posts18,473,992
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.